massage oil

Does a good massage oil make a difference and why? Any tips on what to look for in a massage oil?

A decent massage also requires patience and tenderness.
look for the 'earthly body' range, the candles in particular are very good.

Sum Sub wrote:

A decent massage also requires patience and tenderness.
look for the 'earthly body' range, the candles in particular are very good.

+1 - I agree :) x

Earthly Body/Swoon/Lelo oils are all firm favourites in our bedroom.

It's not just about the oils - it's the setting - candles, soft music, the scents...

I can easily spend an hour massaging her, love pleasing her and exploring her body. Any tips on giving good massages would be appreciated very much!

I got the 50sog massage candle on tester and I will totally recommend it... It is intoxicating...

I recently received the Swoon Massage in a Bottle massage oil and I love it!!

It smells devine and leaves your skin feeling lovely and soft, without feeling too greasy. I definitely recommend it!

Ahh thanks people! I need a candle too for tomorrow then :) need to find somewhere in town that sell good massage candles tomorrow.

What do people like as soft music for massage then just out of interest.

Tips on how to massage her well?

I find a good massage consists of alternating soft and firm strokes. Start with non sexual areas ,pay lots of attention to parts like feet, I personally find having my feet massaged particularly erotic and just let your fingers occasionally brush over her breasts etc building up the anticipation .
This might sound a bit corny but I like some of what used to be known as ’new age music’ its quite relaxing.

I'm so jealous! My hubby hates having oils or lotions on his skin so when i get a rub its just usually with his bear hands.

All of the above.

I always start with MrsB face down, do her back, neck then move onto her arms, then her feet working up her legs to her bum. I try to refrain form diving straight in! Then I'll turn her over & take a similar approach...

Always leave the best till last!

What a way to spend an hour or so....

Agree with all of the above.
Keep it non sexual at first and try to work out any knots or tension.
Favourite oil is Earthly Body Naked in the Woods. Like the candle of that, but favourite is JimmyJane because it has a pouring spout. Not sure you'll find a candle today, but if you light the room with candles and put the bottle of oil (unopened) in warm water you can get a similar effect.
Enjoy

Ahh thanks I didn't know you could get candles that melt and turn to a massage oil. Are these recommended or more of a fun gimmick?

So massage wise is it as simply as lots of strokes, or this there good movements to use too?

Massage candles are recommended, but never use a normal candle for this or you'll get burnt.
As for tips, start with stroking then try to work out tension with fingers or the heel of the hand. The most important thing is feedback. Everyone's different and might have different aches on different days (or no aches). Ask your partner to guide you. My OH gives me feedback on where and how hard until she's totally relaxed and then it's more about stroking and gradually becomes more sexual.

Thanks everyone, lots of good advice :)

Looking at massage oils I see there are different types. Different scents etc, but then I see there is specific sensual oils too. What's the difference between a massage oil and a sensual massage oil??

Maybe google some Massage techniques?

curiousme wrote:

Thanks everyone, lots of good advice :)

Looking at massage oils I see there are different types. Different scents etc, but then I see there is specific sensual oils too. What's the difference between a massage oil and a sensual massage oil??

Just the name. Just go for one that smells nice.

Don't over think it, once your massaging just do what feels right - I try to think "would I enjoy this".
You'll find your arms/wrists/knuckles begin to ache, so a change in motion usually sorts that out.
We like to listen to Spanish guitar music during a massage.
The melting candles are brilliant and not just a gimmick, they are not hot and leave the skin feeling really pampered, although my OH actually likes to shower afterwards

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Maybe google some Massage techniques?

Good advice, there's loads of info about massage or you could look on youtube, plenty of vids on there.

Some sensual massage oils contain essential oils that have aphrodisiac qualities. Anything with ylang ylang, sandalwood or patchouli is good but most importantly go with something you like the smell of.

Cheap&Easy wrote:

I'm the same Fizzy. I bought some to test his OCD. The massage was lovely but he spent about 20 minutes washing his hands so the moment was lost!!!

I've got the swoon massage oil as a tester and I'm promised a massage tonight :D

Enjoy your massage tonight!:-)