Masturbator smell after use

Hi So I bought a Vulcan wet Vagina masterbater , my concern is the smell I get when I go clean it , it's sMells plastic u could say , I use the toy disinfect which I got from the shop I bought it from , any idea to what it must smell like? ( I use Assegai passion fruit water based lube with it )

Most likely explanation is that it smells that way because of the material it’s made from which is I’m assuming is either TPE/TPR or PVC?

Are you letting it dry completely before putting it away?

HI Natandtom Yes I use the disinfect cleaning the outside and letting it dry then do the inside but wipe the cum and stuff away with a cloth then I respray it and let it dry , because I read they said font use soap because it destroys the like skin material and the lady at the shop said use cloth and spray no water nothing ? Thanks for the reply

It seems odd to say not to use soap but that disinfectant is ok. I would guess that the smell (if not present before cleaning) is a reaction between the toy cleaner and the toy. If it is the Funzone one, they are all listed as waterproof so there is no reason you shouldn’t clean with water.

What odd advice from the shop, the inner sleeve is removeable isn't it? If that's the case then definitely take it out and flush it through with water. I'd rinse the disinfectant off too rather than leave it on the toy then let it air dry.

Seems rather strange all of that to do with disinfectant, this would most likely damage a toy. I just use warm soapy water to clean after use to remove lube etc and then I rinse through with warm water. After this I pat the toy dry and use a smaller cloth for the internals (stops any water getting stuck and going stagnant). Once Iv done this I usually air dry the toy in a cupboard or top of a wardrobe and then after it’s dry I put a little cornstarch on the front and put it back away. I feel they may have sold you the disinfectant as a bit of a ploy. Lovehoney sell plenty of sex toy cleaners and they are excellent to keep things clean.

We have a how to clean page: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/buyers-guide/how-to-clean-sex-toys/

Could be worth a look to keep yours in tip-top condition too

Some silicone and plastics have a natural odour