Maternity stuff please!

Dearest LoveHoney folk,

I just recently found out I'm pregnant (thanks to all that great sex you guys have helped us have!) and now I'm desperately looking for hot maternity stuff - lingerie, and maybe some shiny fetishwear with room for a *different* kind of bulge in the front!

I type "maternity" into the LH search box, and... nothing. O LoveHoney, why have you forsaken me in my hour (OK, nine months) of need?

Trying a well-known search engine with an "oo" in the middle, I still couldn't find much sexy maternity lingerie, and absolutely no shiny fetishwear for my baby bump. I am distraught, lovely people, and I hope you'll be able to help, because I don't want to be forced to turn vanilla just because I've got a bun in the oven!

Sorry for not being able to help, but congratulations! I wish you the best of luck with the pregnancy (and on keeping it sexy - that's the way to go!) and hope you can find some kinky, but comfortable, things to wear. Hurrah!

Congratulations! Its so exciting when you find out your pregnant :0)

Well, yes, there isn't a lot of sexy maternity lingerie out there. I think sex and maternity are widely considered to be incompatible! Still, its better than it was a few years ago - there was none, honest.

I think this site covers the three main producers of sexy maternity lingerie (Hot Milk, Amoralia and Cake):

http://www.bellamammia.co.uk/

These are also lovely but rather expensive:

http://www.frenchlingerieshop.com/index.php?target=manufacturers&manufacturer_id=16#designer

You might also find this one useful:

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/nsf/qwiser.asp?term=Maternity%20Lingerie

You should find you can stick with your usual stuff for a while - shouldn't need to change bras until your boobs get bigger and there are lots of knicker styles that still work with a bump - brazillian and boy shorts are good. I wouldn't worry too much about having specific maternity bras for pregnancy - regular bras are fine as long as they are the right size. If you're planning to breast feed, when it comes to nursing bras most of them are not sexy. I think they tend to sacrifice style over comfort and there are reasons for this which may become clear to you in time! Even then, once things have settled down (about 8 weeks) you may also find you can manage fine with regular bras, again as long as they are the correct size. Your size will fluctuate throughout pregnancy and until some time after you stop bf and may then finish up bigger or smaller than your current size.

As far as fetish wear goes I think you may be out of luck there! Perhaps you could get hold of some low rise wet look leggins and go for a PVC or wet look bra? Other than that, you may need to stick with styles that flaunt the bump!

titania wrote:

You should find you can stick with your usual stuff for a while - shouldn't need to change bras until your boobs get bigger and there are lots of knicker styles that still work with a bump - brazillian and boy shorts are good. I wouldn't worry too much about having specific maternity bras for pregnancy - regular bras are fine as long as they are the right size. I

Can I butt in and mention one point - you should avoid underwire bras (for everyday use) while pg and/or breastfeeding as the wires can - and so often do - place pressure on the ducts leading to blockages which hurt like buggery and can get infected leading to mastitis, not nice. (I was a bf mentor when I had my bubbas)

For the odd couple of hours you'll be ok, but not ideal for all day - It really is worth changing them for the comfort factor; it's not forever.

as for fetish wear, if you like the pvc look and feel why not get creative with some bondage tape? Maybe some low cut pvc/leather panties and those triangle (soft) leather bras you can get - I've seen some great peephole ones about.

oops

and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Congratulations hun I'm sure you'll make one super hot mummy to be!

How about some liquid latex or other body painting goodies...you could have a new design on your bump every day!

xxKPxx

Congratulations! Sort of like KittyPurrys ideas, you could get some body accessories like gloves pasties and body jewelery?

In my experience, liquid latex is incredibly smelly and could well be toxic to unborn children.

Also I have heard of certain body jewelry being a bad idea during pregnancy but I can't remember anything specific about that.

Congratulations on your news, and well done for highlighting a seriously under-served area of the market.

Congratualtions on your new baby

I have a suggestion, I don't know if it would be any good for you, but do you have anything you already own that you could customise yourself? Like for example if you have something that you could add an extra panel to or something like that, you could use stretch velvet or lycra. If you have a sewing shop near you it might be worth going in and taking a look at their material, it could give you some inspiration?

When I was pregnant I sorted out some of my clothes that I didn't mind altering and made pouches in the front, added elastic etc and because of that I was abe to wear 'regular' clothes of mine through most of my pregnancy, I daresay you could do the some with some lingerie, if you have some that you want to keep to get you through pregnancy, just set those items aside and start thinking about making them stretchy and accomodating for your changing shape. It might be fun, if you've never done it before have a go at doing it by hand but remember to hem before you sew. If you are good with a sewing machine you will have no probem at all.

Hope this idea is useful to you - and again, congratulations

Thanks so much everyone! Your suggestions are touchingly thoughtful (yes, I'm all hormonal)...

I'm checking out some of those babydolls now, and I'll look up shiny leggings and bra tops too! And I can always accessorise some plainer clothes, I was burlesque dancing up until I got pregnant so I've got plenty of sexy shoes & gloves & pasties etc.

I'm still very keen on shining up my baby bump - the bondage tape idea is interesting, or I might attempt to customise some of the clothes I've already got (though I can't really sew). I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks again

Machiavelli