medical grade latex gloves

can you pick these up in any high street retailer? i know LH do extra nice ones I am thinking more like the multi pack kind used in tattoo places etc

You definitely can buy multipacks of disposable latex gloves on the high street. I've bought them from a poundshop before but chemists and places that sell lots of hair dyes will have them. You might have to ask behind the counter at the chemist.

Our Asda actually have them out in front on a carousell at their Pharmacy Section  .They are very handy for some of the roleplays that we do .:)

Friday13 wrote:

You definitely can buy multipacks of disposable latex gloves on the high street. I've bought them from a poundshop before but chemists and places that sell lots of hair dyes will have them. You might have to ask behind the counter at the chemist.

Did think of the pound shop, I know they do polythene type (list sandwich bag type material) but I am more thinking the thicker kind, i cant ask for stuff at the counter without getting embarrassed, just wondering if i can pick them up off the shelf anywhere in particular

mysteron wrote:

Our Asda actually have them out in front on a carousell at their Pharmacy Section .They are very handy for some of the roleplays that we do .:)

these the thick ones (like a washing up glove) type?

You can get them from places like lloyds and boots. I get nitrile ones ordered in too (as I need extra small).

Sometimes pound shops have them but you have to double check they aren't powdered.

If you look online you'll find multipacks of latex or nitrile gloves pretty cheap and some of the chemists are online too.

Lady Ness why should you not get the powdered latex gloves?

As I just bought some out of pound land and I didn't know they were powdered. What powder is inside them?

Hen Night Toad wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Our Asda actually have them out in front on a carousell at their Pharmacy Section .They are very handy for some of the roleplays that we do .:)

Thicker than the pound shop ones but still quite thin . TBH if we need the thicker ones we just buy a new pack of marigolds for what what we use them for.

If they are 'medical grade' then they will probably have cornstarch on them instead of talc.

Nitrile are the toughest, and are the choice of mechanics for hard wearing.

Vinyl come next then latex.

LeilaK wrote:

Lady Ness why should you not get the powdered latex gloves?

As I just bought some out of pound land and I didn't know they were powdered. What powder is inside them?

The powder may upset the natural bodily fluids, plus some use chemical coatins which may cause sensative areas to have a rash.

mysteron wrote:

Hen Night Toad wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Thicker than the pound shop ones but still quite thin . TBH if we need the thicker ones we just buy a new pack of marigolds for what what we use them for.

you can get thicker ones from places like boots etc if you order in I believe, or vets. Although I use medical shops online for mine.

Thanks Lady Ness I might just keep the pound land ones for cleaning, and get some better quality one's for my other uses ;)

Try findimg a cleaning suppliers for businesses or even health and social care suppliers. I work for a company that use a company called new line anglia.

I get mine from an online medical supply company. I go for slightly thicker latex gloves than normal with a longer cuff. Works out a lot cheaper and better quality than going to a supermarket and they come in boxes of 100. In the majority of cases you won't need sterile gloves and if you're concerned you can put them on and quickly wash your now gloved hands.

The ones LH sell aren't disposable which I would consider a requirement for most of the stuff I do. I don't do fisting so you may want the longer gloves for this that go past the elbow which are very difficult to find in medical stores. In this case the LH ones may be your best bet.