Medical/Surgical gloves for roleplay?

Ok, wasn't sure where to post this, but does Lovehoney sell any of those see through-ish gloves, non-latex, the ones you see in medical professions?

I searched gloves in the bar but found none. I was recommended maybe trying Boots, but then a friend said those ones can cause allergic reactions if used internally. Coupled with buying a speculum and role-playing Doctors & Nurses, I thought the gloves would be a nice final addition for this type of session.

Any one know where I can any, or which or the proper ones to use? Thank you in advance!

x

Dont know if this will help, but in the hospital we use non latex gloves for general use, but the gloves used for internal things are latex free sterile gloves. Basically they come in a packet thats sealed until use so the gloves arent exposed to airborne germs and dust etc.

I will have a look online see if i can find anything. This is off topic but i found an ebay shop that sold the same pregnancy tests we use in the clinics and they are a fraction of the price of the ones you can buy in the chemists. A lot of medical supplies can be found online, especially things which people use at home if they care for a relative so gloves should be findable.

You can definitely get them on amazon - I think the seethroughish ones you're looking for might be the vinyl kind? There's also the nitrile kind and neoprene I think, I don't know how they differ though!

Lovehoney did sell some gloves, can't remember if they were non-latex or not, but they must have been discontinued as I can't find them!

Lovehoney used to sell these - but they have unfortunately been discontinued:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10680

We buy ours in the supermarket - lol - we get non latex powder free ones :) x

JM88 wrote:

Dont know if this will help, but in the hospital we use non latex gloves for general use, but the gloves used for internal things are latex free sterile gloves. Basically they come in a packet thats sealed until use so the gloves arent exposed to airborne germs and dust etc.

I will have a look online see if i can find anything. This is off topic but i found an ebay shop that sold the same pregnancy tests we use in the clinics and they are a fraction of the price of the ones you can buy in the chemists. A lot of medical supplies can be found online, especially things which people use at home if they care for a relative so gloves should be findable.

Thankyou, yes that helps alot, and will also now look for sterile ones too online, that's the keyword I was missing. Thanks again :)

Sunshine,Lollipops wrote:

Hello and welcome! Love honey has a great section on medical/electro fetish:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/electro-medical-fetish/
I'm pretty sure they used to sell these gloves but I can't see them on the list anymore.
Maybe check with customer services or someone may well comment on here in a bit...

Hi, thankyou for the welcome and reply, agreed, LoveHoney has a brilliant medical range to explore with, only the gloves are missing, I'm sure they used to sell them aswell!

sleepycelia wrote:

You can definitely get them on amazon - I think the seethroughish ones you're looking for might be the vinyl kind? There's also the nitrile kind and neoprene I think, I don't know how they differ though!

Lovehoney did sell some gloves, can't remember if they were non-latex or not, but they must have been discontinued as I can't find them!

Oh are they the ones with the little dots on? I have no clue which exact ones I actually must have meant lol now that I think about it!

Someone above clarified the difference I meant, there are sterile ones & general use non-latex too ones, but I think both are non-see through, and look more rubbery. I think the sterile see-through ones would be the best if available, I've seen some before but they felt quite plastic-y. It would be nice to have some very smooth ones for playtime/dress-up.

Thanks for the reply, will look into the different kinds! Either way, they're not on LoveHoney :(

Scorpius12 wrote:

Lovehoney used to sell these - but they have unfortunately been discontinued:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10680#customer_reviews

We buy ours in the supermarket - lol - we get non latex powder free ones :) x

Ahh I thought so, I knew I wasn't going crazy! Even skimming through my online bookmarks, adamant that I saw them here before.

Thanks for the reply, so the non-latex, powder-free = no allergic reactions?

x

Just to confuse things more, there are various different gloves available. At work most of us are fine with the non latex ones, some have to wear blue gloves, and some purple.

They are all slightly different, but i cant remember exactly why. But in order to know which gloves you need, you have to have a reaction to the basic ones and then be referred to dermatology to find out what exact ingredient lets say you are allergic to!

Has your oh had much exposure to gloves? Ie doctors, nurses, dentists, tattoists etc? I would say to try just powder free, latex free sterlie gloves. If he reacts to it then he already has a peviously unknown reaction.i dont think the gloves are enough to cause anyone to become allergic to them.

I need some latex free ones. Everywhere I look, they seem to be latex ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Shame you have a latex allergy, as a germophobe i have to use gloves when i use the toilet or shower and get a big box of 100 passante branded ones, talc free, and sterile in boxes like in hospitals from the local millercare shop, for just over £5. i'm not sure they sell latex free though.

I checked their website, for less than £5 they sell both powdered and none powdered vinyl gloves as well as latex, not sure of the shipping costs though or if you have a local shop or if they stock all types in the shops.

Hey peeps

We did used to sell non-latex surgical gloves, but it appears we've discontinued them :(

There are plenty of medical / body modification suppliers who sell latex-free gloves (it's pretty standard precedure to not use latex for body piercings etc nowadays because so many people have allergies).

A quick search on Google found me several results, Amazon seemed to have a good selection of latex free gloves with or without powder. As long as you clean the gloves before insertion, I can't see any reason it would be any more likely cause an infection than using an ungloved hand...

Don't forget, if you see something you want us to stock, add it to the Pander to me thread for consideration by our Buyers.