Meditation or masturbation?

So, I found this video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-86ZJvBBnNU

To me...this is just masturbation. Would anyone else feel weird if their partner put on gloves to masturbate you? (out of roleplay scenarios) I am all for different styles of sex etc, but I have to say, it would creep me out if my guy mentioned golden light bands shotting from his fingers to his neck when he touched my vulva lol.

What do you guys think of this meditiation style? Mediation or just a good excuse for good ol fashioned masturbation?

IMO It's just masterbation where it's only her getting off! haha. I have to say though, she said she found sex boring, I think I'd find that boring?! And she didn't sound much like she was enjoying it.

It made me lol when he said he felt a golden light band, I think if my OH said that I'd be like... How exactly does one feel a golden band?

I also cringed everytime she said pussy, I don't know why I think it's because everything else was so clinical so I'd expect Vagina, and not pussy all the time.

Oh god I couldn't finish it, I was cringing the whole time I was watching. Although if it does it for them and makes them feel 'connected' and she gets something out of it that she previously didn't from sex, then good for them I guess, people get up to far stranger things in their spare time!

Also, when it showed them setting up their nest it just reminded me of life drawing classes.

it's not about instant gratification, similar have been used for years and years in various practices, tapping into vibrations to make connections. Cheesy vid' yes, but there is an underying understanding and masturbation and meditation are often linked together: Google 'om' Used in Mantras, Sanskrit, Yoni worship and various Tantric texts. Or look up Kundalini practices etc...

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

it's not about instant gratification, similar have been used for years and years in various practices, tapping into vibrations to make connections. Cheesy vid' yes, but there is an underying understanding and masturbation and meditation are often linked together: Google 'om' Used in Mantras, Sanskrit, Yoni worship and various Tantric texts. Or look up Kundalini practices etc...

Without checking the link, I would suggest that Fire in the Valley would be a useful source.

hehe...its good to see the differing opinions, that's for sure. I quite like the idea of being able to reach orgasm through thinking alone. I couldn't follow through on this method. It just seemed a bit contrived and I guess I believe in the power of the mind to put you into places, which can be deeper depending on your own focus and belief. This style does nothing for me personally. Not sure why. Of course, I know little about it, which is why I didnt comment on the meditation they were doing. The fact they use a timer suggests it isnt about instant gratification because I don't know about anyone else but that would put me off if it were about the orgasm...

but to me, it still seems about two people giving physical pleasure and both believing they are doing it on a higher plain or some deeper level...Can we all get to that deeper level if we just tried? Do we need to practise meditation? has anyone experienced this ...is it the mind playing tricks on us? All very interesting thoughts I had when watching this video.

It's a little 'how to' for my liking. I was thinking more spiritual and indepth like 'Aghora' or 'Sakti' 'Yogic Secrets' Julius Evola wrote incredible related works

Fluff... thats exactly it, the vid may be naff... but if it's making people think differently and ponder the nature of orgasms and meditation, then it has some use lol

So....just saw this old thread of yours Fluffbags and thought I should share. My wife and I have been 'OM' ing for about 18 months now. We don't do it very often, but it has become a useful key for us in reconnecting. My OH is your classic 'good girl' and really struggles with sexual expression. Our lovemaking is beautiful, natural, mutually satisfying and distinctly vanilla. We have talked for hours and hours about this, with me always pushing for us to be more adventurous, and it's about as complicated as arguing religion or politics at the dinner table! And then I heard about orgasmic meditation and we found that to be a sort of breakthrough.

I think that the wonderful thing about this practice is it strips away all the social hangups that many of us have around intimacy, replacing it instead with a clear procedure based on respect for the woman and honour for her genitals. As such, it allows the woman to be self focused, connecting only to her own experience, with her partner as the facilitator. I think that women who struggle with sexual emancipation can benefit hugely from this practice and I would recommend it to anyone. Fluffbags, you seem pretty comfortable with your sexuality, but you know how many many women are trapped in the conventions handed down to us and this is a great way for women to break out.

On that note, the insights I have gathered from this have blown my mind. Being a guy, I just wasn't consciously aware of the misogyny that surrounds our culture, and how much of it is targeted at the vagina. As I realised how there Isn't a comfortable term for the vagina that Isn't tinged with sleaze or downright hatred, or of how rape is about power, or of how girls are brought up being told to sit in a 'ladylike' way, I started to appreciate how so much of our conditioning is around keeping women down and suppressing their sexual potency. Naomi Wolff's book 'Vagina' is very interesting on this subject.

Is it diddling? Well, if it is, it's diddling without any associated guilt or furtiveness, making something that many people find shameful into something sacred and also shared between a couple. As such, it has begun to reshape the way my OH and I come together on an intimate level.

Beyond the protective, safe cocoon that Orgasmic Meditation creates for women to reconnect with the clitoris, there's also a strong emphasis on 'less is more'. Rather than the masculine pounding away that so many of us are used to, Orgasmic Meditation is all about touching a woman so softly that she is drawn out of herself, at a rate and intensity more suited to where many women are at sexually.

Orgasmic Meditation was developed by Nicole Daedone, a remarkably charismatic and together San Fransisco woman, who has distilled what she has learned from eastern sexuality and liberal San Fran culture to create this practice. I strongly recommend her book 'slow sex' which is all about this.

Hope that makes sense - oh and I wouldn't worry about gloves! That must be an American thing!

Interesting... I'm yet to watch that clip but I do both, meditate and masturbate. Not at the same time though lol.

I didn't finish watching it. Way too long, boring and cheesy for me.

It just seems like a glorified way to masturbate if you ask me. That position does not look comfortable at all and I'm willing to bet the guy's legs would go dead after a few minutes. And using gloves to masturbate your partner has always struck as germaphobic and a huge turn off 😅

Watched a few different videos, that one was too much for me, id freak with the gloves things reminded me of having a smear test lol

Erm not sure what I make of it, not sure id find it relaxing I know id be very self aware also id want sex after so would my bf sorry but we would. ? so would ruin the idea of this according to the videos its meant to be a completely different thing.

Masturbate first then meditate about it later. Best of both then.

So funny!

I can get off just by thinking about it, but not like that. It takes a little while, but very useful skill.

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Interesting... I'm yet to watch that clip but I do both, meditate and masturbate. Not at the same time though lol.

watched the clip, and they lost me at the gloves and using the word 'pussy'.

"im going to touch your pussy now is that ok?" 😐

I was expecting 'vagina' and prepared to still give it my attention but after hearing 'pussy' i totally lost any regards for the video and its intentions.

it may work for others and women who arent tuned to their body and their clitoris but as i am tuned to my body and my clitoris i dont understand the connection between meditation and masturbation. Anyway that isnt even masturbation as he is doing it to her!...

I meditated for an hour in the bath last night and feel reborn, it was a really good session. Theres no way would i muddy things up by introducing masturbating during a meditation/reiki session.

🐼

I don't even need to watch the video to know that this is about OMing - a 15min session where both parties learn about the body - someone used the phrase 'too instructive' - in its infant stages, this is exactly what OMing is. There are groups across the UK where Evans go and receive instruction and experience in how to pleasure women. I highly recommend the book 'Lets talk about pleasure/sex' where the author embarks on a year long journey with her partner to learn more about her body and what does/doesn't turn her/him on, improve their relationship and introduce the reader to some new ideas and ways of exploration. OMing is covered in detail.
The link between meditation and masturbation or the sensation of pleasure is quite clear and simple, for me- if I have a busy brain, those thoughts can get in the way of the sensations I could be feeling instead - clear the mind, concentrate on the breath and make room for pleasure. This is especially useful for women who are stressed/anxious /feel they don't have a high sex drive/have body image issues/feel pressurised in the bedroom (be it by their partners expectations or their own expectations of what sex should be like)

Oh and gloves are normally used in OMing when the practice is taking place between people who are not sexual partners I believe, apparently the gloves used a
are so normally so thin that they cannot be felt - can't speak from experience on this though!!

Why can't it be both? Honestly, why limit ourselves with choices 🙄😏

What happed to old fashioned foreplay![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)