Melting toys?

Me and my OH have a substantial collection of toys but with such a large collection theres a few that don't always leave the draw as often as they should. I'm not entirely sure what they're made of but a couple of toys have seemingly started to 'melt' in the drawer.

eg.1 the tracey cox pink superstroker? i think it is anyway. the opening lip has basically split and a few of the cones inside shortened. its hard to explain but it looks like I've had it near a candle and its melted.

Also, two of my rabbits essentially melted and stuck together on one side where they had been touching each other.

Now these toys are always cleaned and dried before being put away and the drawer is just a normal bedroom drawer, and isn't subject to heat. So what could be causing this?

It's ruining a few favourite toys that are basically being rendered useless now so any help would be appreciated. The only insight I have on material is that they are all made of the rubbery plastic material, jelly like almost.

Thanks!

Its the type of toy, the jelly ones do stick together its somthing about the material that just melts it to simlar toys, ive had the problem myself :( i bought the LH bags to store them in so tht it doesnt happen xxx

Is it anything to do with the lubricant used? That may be a silly answer but i know some toys don't react well to certain lubes

luckylesbo wrote:

Is it anything to do with the lubricant used? That may be a silly answer but i know some toys don't react well to certain lubes

nah its the rubber toys, i dont know scientificly why it happens, but rubber toys just stick to each other and then melt together :|

Yeah it's the materials reacting together, all toys should be stored separately, I use the Lh bags and trainer socks haha!

Guide from Lh here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/sex-toy-storage/

Nah they're always fine with lube, it's when they've been left a while, bone dry!

Hmm thanks for the reply Steve. Sucks that they do it :(

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Yeah it's the materials reacting together, all toys should be stored separately, I use the Lh bags and trainer socks haha!

Guide from Lh here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/sex-toy-storage/

^ Best advice right here :)

I have to admit, I've never even looked at how to store them. I feel like such a noob now! oh dear!

mine have done the same apparently ive learned that " water based" lubes are needed with silicone vibes , the only one this has happened to is a pure silicone one and thats worring as hubby just treated me to a " we vibe 3 so Im a bit worried hope it is the lubes that have done this looks like a cat has chewed end off it!

mine have done the same apparently ive learned that " water based" lubes are needed with silicone vibes , the only one this has happened to is a pure silicone one and thats worring as hubby just treated me to a " we vibe 3 so Im a bit worried hope it is the lubes that have done this looks like a cat has chewed end off it!

never experienced this with toys (i know it can happen though) but i have with a welly and a rubber glove. luckerly the glove came of worse than the welly. try wrapping toys in clothor puting in baggsor boxes.

I have also had this problem it's very frustrating I need to invest in a couple of bags :) x

I put the tracy cox stroker away wrapped in white cotton and it managed to start melting and it stank. I think it's just the nature of jelly toys that they don't last or store well.

jelly toys probably do have a certain shelf life

untill recently i had a realistic jelly dildo that just melted and got sticky when the only thing that could have happened to it would be age.

for smaller items you can store them in socks - i put individual bullets in old socks (or a make up brush roll i was gifted)

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

This is the best advice you can get, basically, avoid storing jelly or silicone toys together, if at all possible keep all of your toys seperate, I keep mine in the boxes they come in or in cloth bags, also avoid silicone lubes with silicone toys, it might sound daft but they do react with each other and they will melt :(

oh and sososhy I just got a We Vibe 3 to, just waiting for it to charge :)