Men shaving pubes tips.

Tried Gentl? Not sure if its in the UK tho...

baby oil!

apply before and after shaving. massage it in..

also a hot flannel or bath before hand helps to soften the hairs.

I use sensitive shave gel during a hot shower and a triple blade razor. I use the same thing on my pits.

Never shave up top. Hard trim. Itching is just too much. As others have said for balls and shaft a sharp razor. Hair conditioner is meant to be better, but to be honest been shaving so long down there use anything from soap to foam. For special occasions i have used the hair removal cream, but it stinks like hell, but get a very smooth sac though.

I shave from the naval down using the method i stated earlier,trust me after a couple of shaves your body gets used to it and there is no itching.If you think about it,your face doesn`t itch because it gets used to regular shaving.

As the OH has been shaving down there for a number of years she thought it only right that I should give it a go. I use a sharp 3 blade razor and shaving foam. go with the grain and never more than twice over (emember you can return and pick off any stragglers tomorrow)! finish with a brisk rub dry and then moisturise. Never had a razor burn rash or ingrowing hair! It feels great in the summer and adds a different feel to sex!

Have been shaving now for years, no itch, love the feel of it. I usually do it in the shower every 2nd day with a razor. I usually use shaving gel. About once a month I will shave by the sink for a better shave. Would never stop from having it clean shaved.

Use VEET hair removal for senitive skin. My male partners generally use this as the rash is much and aftrer a few uses you do not suffer a rash at all.

Veet hair removal cream no itching or rash nice and smooth and lasts longer

Stay away from veet, get soft sheen magic shaving powder. It’s cheaper and more gentle on the skin. Works great.

KingGrthy wrote:

Stay away from veet, get soft sheen magic shaving powder. It’s cheaper and more gentle on the skin. Works great.

Going to try some of this. Any particular one?

Lone Ranger wrote:

KingGrthy wrote:

Going to try some of this. Any particular one?

I have tried the extra strength version and it works great, I have ordered my second can now though and still experimenting so trying the skin conditioning version. I will update my experimental post soon with progress

He keeps it all smooth down there and uses the hair removal cream on most and shaves his balls usually. I think he does it about once a week and its always smooth when I see it.

I've always shaved penis and balls, and kept the bush seriously trimmed.

As a result of my wife waxing her bits I tried a back wax in November. The results were spectacular I went ahead and had my chest and stomach waxed on Thursday. I've lost most of my fat and trimmed up since summer and the waxed front looks great. That left me with a little stomach hair and my bush looking silly, so shaved it all off.

Looks and feels amazing to be hair free after all these years. I'll be investing in some of the hair removal stuff mentioned above. Shaving is not the answer, I feel!

I've never shaved my pubic hair and from reading this thread I'm considering going hair free down there.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the benefit is to shaving and any advice on the up keep?

Also was it your choice or OH's suggestion?

Been shaving for over 30 yrs and after the intitial few times when the skin wasnt used to it everything has been fine.

Always use a three bladed razor (mach3) and do it in the shower once every few days.I did get it waxed a while back and it was great (amd not anywhere near as painful as I thought it would be).OH goes smooth sometimes and I shave her when she does.Its a great feeling and I could never go back to being hairy downstairs.

I'm going to go for it on tuedsday and shave downstairs.
The OH may be in for a shock as she has no idea what I'm going to do.

Any tips for shaving the balls? Pulling the skin taught first?

Golfer Guy,i find it best to run a hot bath and have a soak,when you bathed and are ready to shave,let enough water out of the bath so that your balls are just above the surface when lying down.Lie down and then you can easily stretch,and manipulate your ball sack to get a safe smooth shave,yes stretch the skin taught! I find a Hydro 5 razor is best,as you can lift back the safety razor part to get a closer shave in difficuly areas.One tip i will give....NEVER use disposable razors!

P.S. A good non foaming gel such as King of Shaves gives a nice smooth shave and you can see what you are doing!

Bath a good idea, but she’ll moan about the hairs! Go for the shower . Must use a new razor. Like the others have said not a disposable, just trim the top too. That itches like hell if you shave it.Go for the cream if you want that off. Been doing mine for 20 + years. No turning back. Good luck.

Thanks for the good luck and advice, I'm going to attempt to shave tomorrow, New Years and all that.
I've seen people mention hair removal cream.
Is it better/easier than shaving and is there anything to be aware of?