Men shaving pubes tips.

Never tried shaving mine before, had a go the other day and find it pretty neat.

Definately much cooler in the summer heat, but as ive never done it before, got adecent rash.

Any tips or products to use to help with this? as i just used some normal shaving gel and a razor.

As theyre already growing back i figured id have to shave pretty often, but dont want to damage the skin.

is there any hair removal cream or anything else that is designed for mens pubic hairs/testicles?

Jeezy creezy. Prepare for the seven year itch. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sharp razor blade, try to keep in the same direction as hair growth and keep the blade as clean as possible for smooth shaves.
Also dont go over the same area more than twice! Cool water rinse at end

Trimming with the shortest setting on this works for us. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38465

Actually shaving can be painful and too much maintenace. And the bald spot looks odd ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

Ive been shaving for 10+ years now, would not think of going back, for me -

I shave in the shower, twice a week. That seems enough to keep regrowth at bay, but it may need more/less depending on how fast hair grows back.

I use a gillette 3blade disposable razor, lasts about 4 weeks (so 8 shaves), but cost is pretty minimal (about $1nz per razor). I did recently buy a Phillips body shaver that can be used in the shower, the Mrs now uses it to keep herself smooth, I use it on my stomach, but not lower, I find razor does a much better job. I shave everything below my chest.

For lubrication, I just use body wash, not shaving cream (who needs the cooling sensation down there?)

Afterwards I just use baby oil (a few drops is enough) and that keeps things feeling soft / silky to the touch.

I did see that LH sells a cream and oil specifically for intimate shaving and the reviews are positive. Ive not tried those as I havent ever had shaving rash / ingrown hairs to be an issue. If you do get those, then it might be worth a look

What works for me...a soak in a hot bath,a decent 5 blade razor,shave gel not foam or foaming gel(King of Shaves sensitive is good) and i rarely get a rash or itch.

I trim mine with some scissors to keep them under control. Have shaved them completely and it is a different look and sensation. The best way I found was using a trimmer rather than a razor as it left less itchiness, but a sensitive post shave lotion helped too.

Good soak in the bath with hot water then you need to use a good Sharp razer. I also think find the more you do it the less it happens

Don't shave against the direction of hair growth any good quality shaver should be fine a quick touch up every 4 days or so and you'll be fine, mine only itches when it gets to an out 8mm long shaved for year's doubt I'll ever go back, makes it easier when I'm wearing my thongs and g strings too.

I just use a body trimmer, remove all hair from shaft and balls, trim the outer pubes, in the shower then apply plenty of talc once I'm dried and before I put my boxers on.

Hello, I highly recommend these to shave

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32914 - the razor is very small however this makes it easier to shave those harder to reach places and leaves a very smooth finish. I use this all the time on myself and have bought replacement razors because I like it that much.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19031 - this duo is magical! The shave cream works perfect then use the miracle oil once you're all finished. The oil will leave your skin so so soft and healthy.

🐼

I use an unscented deoderant stick on the shaved area after (tip from a stripper I read in a magasine), it stops dry skin and bumps making it less itchy, red and bumpy! Triple blade razors work best and a fresh sharp blade is definitely best, also exfoliate in between shaves. Good luck with your new found freedom!

Been shaving for around 20 years. Used to have an in-shower electric shaver for my face, which I used down below. Too many nicks and cuts though.

In our current house we have a water softener, so I do my facial shaving in the shower now - that means I use my Wilkinson Sword 5 blade razor to shave shaft and balls but I also use it to trim my bush to really short (I'm hairy, so bald would look silly)

. Looks neat, feels great - I'm well endowed anyway, so I don't do it to make myself look bigger!

Lots of options but depends on what you want

Shaving I tend to avoid as it grows back prickly. I'm sure you get used to the sensation after a while but to uncomfortable.

Epilating I tried if trimmed it hurts less. Also more it's used less it hurts. But it takes a brave man to get to the point of less pain.

Waxing is best choice in my opinion. Hurts less than Epilating and gives the best result. First time I would get it done properly. Then maybe try yourself

Senator wrote:

Ive been shaving for 10+ years now, would not think of going back, for me -

I shave in the shower, twice a week. That seems enough to keep regrowth at bay, but it may need more/less depending on how fast hair grows back.

I use a gillette 3blade disposable razor, lasts about 4 weeks (so 8 shaves), but cost is pretty minimal (about $1nz per razor). I did recently buy a Phillips body shaver that can be used in the shower, the Mrs now uses it to keep herself smooth, I use it on my stomach, but not lower, I find razor does a much better job. I shave everything below my chest.

For lubrication, I just use body wash, not shaving cream (who needs the cooling sensation down there?)

Afterwards I just use baby oil (a few drops is enough) and that keeps things feeling soft / silky to the touch.

I did see that LH sells a cream and oil specifically for intimate shaving and the reviews are positive. Ive not tried those as I havent ever had shaving rash / ingrown hairs to be an issue. If you do get those, then it might be worth a look

Think ill give some lotion a go next time.

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Hello, I highly recommend these to shave

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32914 - the razor is very small however this makes it easier to shave those harder to reach places and leaves a very smooth finish. I use this all the time on myself and have bought replacement razors because I like it that much.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19031 - this duo is magical! The shave cream works perfect then use the miracle oil once you're all finished. The oil will leave your skin so so soft and healthy.

🐼might give those a try. thanks

Initiate wrote:

Lots of options but depends on what you want

Shaving I tend to avoid as it grows back prickly. I'm sure you get used to the sensation after a while but to uncomfortable.

Epilating I tried if trimmed it hurts less. Also more it's used less it hurts. But it takes a brave man to get to the point of less pain.

Waxing is best choice in my opinion. Hurts less than Epilating and gives the best result. First time I would get it done properly. Then maybe try yourself

Waxing? not sure im that brave

My boyfriend shaved for some time but now uses hair removal cream on top and says it's smoother, less itchy and lasts longer.

Claire&Mark wrote:

My boyfriend shaved for some time but now uses hair removal cream on top and says it's smoother, less itchy and lasts longer.

Whilst most say not for this area, I've had no issues using(Branded) hair removal cream here(all round)

As a former shaver (now get waxed and never looked back) I used to do it in the shower. Use a decent razor and used to use hair conditioner (not soap).

Use some oil after and in a daily basis to keep itch away.