men waxing

Hi I was wondering how many men wax . And how painful it is . As I am fed up of shaving all the time x

Im a beauty therapist by trade and have performed male Brazilian waxing a few times. I would recommend to seek an experienced and reputable salon that uses HOT WAX. Very important as this wax only clings to hair and not the skin like traditional wax (which is removed by strips).
It does hurt. You are ripping out hair by the root. But the result is much much smoother, longer lasting and hair gets finer the more you wax. Do stick to a regular routine! And please shower before you go. We know when you don't ;)
Same goes for women! Hope this helps x

Yes it does thankyou . How long should I let my hair grow first. X

I would recommend about a couple cms to be honest. Not heaps longer as it will be more painful for you, awkward for the therapist and can risk getting matted. If you are quite long down there, trim before hand but dont shave it completley off. When you go you therapist will ask you to hold things/body parts in a particular way to keep it as comfortable as possible. You may feel a bit silly but all part of the process. One last thing.. cheaper is not better.. especially for a wax!

Let me know how you get on!

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Im a beauty therapist by trade and have performed male Brazilian waxing a few times. I would recommend to seek an experienced and reputable salon that uses HOT WAX. Very important as this wax only clings to hair and not the skin like traditional wax (which is removed by strips).
It does hurt. You are ripping out hair by the root. But the result is much much smoother, longer lasting and hair gets finer the more you wax. Do stick to a regular routine! And please shower before you go. We know when you don't ;)
Same goes for women! Hope this helps x

been getting it done for a few years now and never looked back to shaving ever.

follow the expert advice above and enjoy a new found smoothness!

Good point about the showering, if nothing else it'll help with feeling less self concsious!

PAH sod the wax itl grow back quick. Just epliate many pro body builders epliate there bodies instead of waxing as its less painful and you get a longer outgrowth time compared to a wax plus less risk of ingrowing hairs if your therapist does a crap job

Misscaseycurvaceous wrote:

PAH sod the wax itl grow back quick. Just epliate many pro body builders epliate there bodies instead of waxing as its less painful and you get a longer outgrowth time compared to a wax plus less risk of ingrowing hairs if your therapist does a crap job

Completley depends on what time in the hair growth cycle if it lasts longer. Waxing with hot wax actually isn't that painful. For me having my top lip or legs done with regular strip wax is alot more painful than a Brazilian. As for ingrown hairs.. how well you look after it at home plays a big part too. Exfoliation and moisturising are SO important.. a therapist doesn't physically cause ingrown hairs. Due to how thick and coarse the hair actually is you are more likely to see ingrown hairs occurring depending on what area of the body is being waxed. :)

Regular waxing has helped my hair grow back finer and it gets less painful each time. You'll get a much better finish with a pro than you can ever get at home, well, than I can ever get. Though I do do some bits myself from time to time for convenience and cost.

Misscaseycurvaceous wrote:

How come you get longer outgrowth time with epilating compared to waxing?

Thankyou for the advice I will let you know how I get on . I'm booked in for the 15th of next month. Got to let my hair grow x

let us know, because i might be converted. my OH used the cheap veat strips on my few back hairs i have and just got really spotty afterward

Like i said i have had it done now for just over a week now and it is just starting to grow back but not much yet. Did it hurt not really and i had everything off . And have booked to go back. And it feels so smooth after . X

Yey glad that you are happy :) 👍

I have just bought a bread trimmer which has an attachemnt for doing body hair as well. However my Mrs won't allow me to shave my chest hair.

Qualified in beauty myself and the shower thing... Yes horrible memories *shudders* lol

Mr-Mrs-Sexy wrote:

let us know, because i might be converted. my OH used the cheap veat strips on my few back hairs i have and just got really spotty afterward

hornyandkinky wrote:

Like i said i have had it done now for just over a week now and it is just starting to grow back but not much yet. Did it hurt not really and i had everything off . And have booked to go back. And it feels so smooth after . X

Stick with it! If you can get in a regular cycle you'll notice a huge difference.

Mr-Mrs Sexy - Veat is shit. Also, you aren't supposed to use anything fragranced after a wax for 24 hours, have hot showers, or wear tight clothing as can cause irritation on the skin. Go and get a professional wax. Much much better

Very happy with it . It's not cheap but well worth it x

hornyandkinky wrote:

Hi I was wondering how many men wax . And how painful it is . As I am fed up of shaving all the time x

Hi. I tried shaving, waxing, sugaring and plucking. Then I discovered laser hair rremoval. It was fantastic. Complete result in intimate area and legs. Four years later only a few hairs which are easy to pluck although it was less successful on scrotum, which my OH plucks for me regularly as a sexual torture. Word of warning though, it is permanent and works best on pale skin.

I started getting my chest professionally waxed after shaving it for a year or so. Feels much smoother than shaving and the OH likes the look and feel too. I was expecting hot wax to hurt a lot more than it did. I thought it was fairly painless and would reccomend any guy considering it to give it a try.

I did try the Veet wax strips once - now they hurt!