Men Wearing Bras.

Hi!

My OH is a slim male, we usually buy him size 12 thongs and panties, but we are looking for a bra to purchase for him, although mine do fit, the cup size is too big (obviously).

I wondered if any men here could reccomend any nice bras on lovehoney that look good despite the obvious lack of filling? We like pretty feminine lingerie :) Thanks!

Hi, DS,

I'm a male bra wearer as I have some breast growth, but I find bras with a big enough wire to fit properly do have spare space in the cups. To combat this I use the 'chicken fillet' breast enahancers (usually the crescent shaped ones that fit under the bust).

To get a good look I recommend fitting the wire to your OH's chest then filling in the resulting gap as I describe. If he's slim, you may want to get more conical shaped enhancers; i.e. actual boob shaped rather than crescent ones like I use. Paradoxically, if the wire fits round the chest properly, the bra tends not to look so empty as when you have a smaller cup that perches on top of the chest.

Hope thst makes sense - ask away if you need more help.

Oh, one thing: I find that even with the cups filled up I don't have the same shape as a woman would. I concentrate on getting the fit and no gaps in the cup and leave it at that.

Update: I was thinking about what I posted and I didn't ask what sort of bra you'd be looking for - lace-cup, padded, wired or not. I tend to assume wired bras are better because I don't really like unwired ones, but obviously your opinion may differ.

If your OH is slim there probably isn't much flesh to pull up on top of a crescent insert, so you might be better with the 'full boob' shape and have a bra with a lacy cup. I normally use Magic Bodyfashion SIlcone Half Cup inserts, but they do a full cup one which I use sometimes. The biggest one of these (C/D cup) would probsbly fill a 36B or even C cup and if your guy is too slim to have anything there, would probably work better for him.

On the padded side. I find the Pour Moi range is well-padded and I've got a couple of bras by Gracya that are amazing; they really give boost and shape. Not sure how they'd go on a completely flat chest, but worth a look as the styles are quite sexy.

What size are your bras that he can't fill?

That sizing formula doesn't work for me, and it doesn't work for a few women I know. My boobs have the volume of a 38B cup but that size doesn't go round the base of my bust because compared to an 'average' woman my boobs sre wider but stick out less. Hence the sugestion I made above. I was wearing 38B until I had several fittings in lingerie shops and they all put me in a 38C. I even have a couple of 38Ds in brnads where the sizing is a bit skimpy. I got rid of all but two or three of my 38B bras, the ones I kep being generously sized compared to the average.

I'd be a lot happier if my boobs were more like the average woman's as I'd be able to wear lacy cups. As it is I can't get them filled without a visible chunk of breast enhancer

Thanks for the advice! I wear a 34B. Not sure what style generally we want, may just have to involve a bit of trial and error but I'm sure we will get there in the end, the padding ideas are great though, definitely a lot of things to try out!

i know, bra sizes are the biggest pain in the universe, i measure myself and come out as a 38a when i wear 32d

fistinglover69 wrote:

i know, bra sizes are the biggest pain in the universe, i measure myself and come out as a 38a when i wear 32d

most modern bras are sized slightly differently to what they used to be. new reccomendations say that rather than adding 4 or 5 inches to the back size, you infact should use your underbust measurement +/- 1" as your true back size. (as far as i'm aware this is due to modern materials and production techniques/technology). The band should lie flat across the back and wires shouldnt dig in or pop out. if it rides up the back size is too big and wont allow enough support. you will know if its too tight if you cant breathe/move, but having it reasonably firm is a good thing.

for cup size it is said that you shoud try on bras until you find the right fit. breasts should not pour out or over the cups. if so try a bigger cup. a bit ambiguous i know...

I'd assume for men that this advice would be the same, although I would start out with an AA or an A cup size. essentially cup sizes are a matter of volume, so for every back size you go down, increase the cup size and vice versa. If you are looking for support/ cleavage from a bra i would follow the same advice as for women, although if it is primarily to feel feminine rather than support and you are not used to wearing a bra perhaps a slightly looser back might be good to start off with, although it may slip/ ride up and become uncomfortable if you do.

Also bra sizes will vary by brand, so trying them on to see how it fits is the best way to go. and as Hella says, you could always go see a pro to be measured

hope it helps :) H