Men who shave, any comments or embarrassing situations?

I am pretty hairy and started to shave my pubes last year at the request of my girlfriend. I much prefer it and can't see going back to a big bush.

I go to the gym and swim a lot so am often getting changed in front of others. I see some guys that trim and the occaisional guy the shaves but I wonder if anyone notices my lack of pubes. Nobody has made any comment but I often wonder what others think.

Guys, has anyone had any experience being seen smooth?

I used to play a lot of sport which involved a lot of group changing and although we all knew each other very well I think there is an unwritten rule that eyes stay above waist hight. It would be a brave person to comment on a strangers pubic style.

K&c30's wrote:

I think there is an unwritten rule that eyes stay above waist hight. It would be a brave person to comment on a strangers pubic style.

Ah. I see. I have been making a terrible, terrible mistake.

Or maybe you are just helping a brother out by pointing out they missed a bit πŸ˜€

K&c30's wrote:

Or maybe you are just helping a brother out by pointing out they missed a bit πŸ˜€

I genuinely thought a cheerful, 'nice dick, buddy!' was something people would like to hear. Maybe an occasional, 'loving your ball-sack, Jack!', and sometimes even a, 'Oooh, that's a shiny one. How often do you polish that?'

I'm not going to lie, reactions have been mixed.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

K&c30's wrote:

I used to play a lot of sport which involved a lot of group changing and although we all knew each other very well I think there is an unwritten rule that eyes stay above waist hight. It would be a brave person to comment on a strangers pubic style.

LOL, I would agree although I think the rule may be if you deliberately notice or catch a glimpse for whatever reason then make no comment! I have seen man guys changing and a range of styles for no hair removal to smooth guys. I've been smooth for some time and never had any negative comments, maybe people have noticed but nobody has said anything. I don't think it is a strange thing in 2018 for men to be smooth below.

I reckon you’re right bikerchris. I have a mate and he literally shaves EVERYTHING! It’s not that unusual.

Ian πŸ˜‚

part of me hopes you’re not joking, that is hilarious! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

A nice thing about being old and not giving a shit what others think is quite handy . I trim all my body hair and sugar wax my "playground" . The young neighbors notice that I do not have typical old man caveman look , but do not say anything . I am the only man in neighborhood that does not wear a shirt most of the summer . When I was younger I was a body builder , firefighter and rescue and sport diver . At the gym , nobody would say anything about below the waist . I trim leg hair or it would be much tougher to get a tan !

I am also quite hairy but shave my pubic hair . Never had any comments in the changing room but have clocked others who are trimmed or shaved with odd nod of "your not the only one", however the number of full bushes still out weigh the trimmed/shaved. Out ofinterest hubbymike do you have a hairy chest/stomach if so what do you do with that if you shave the rest?

Off-topic but the title of this thread reminded me of that viral story that has been going around for fifteen+ years about that man who shaved his bum. I'm not sure if I can post a link to any of the sites it is on but it can be easily found by searching funny bum shaving story on Google. I laughed just remembering it.

Fully shaven at the time I came out the shower at the gym with my tackle on show and one lad nudged his mate and gestured to me then they both laughed, i don't know what they was actually laughing at but I wasn't embarrassed or upset.

I shave everything and used to go to the gym (shower, change, etc) no problems. I do remember when I went for my vasectomy don’t and the female nurse who swapped me down before my op had a bit of a smirk of her face but I told myself she was laughing at the stick man pushing a flymo Tattoo next to my cock, or I hope she was. Lol πŸ˜‚

Does anyone else shave their arm pits? I think it feels a lot nicer to be smooth there and also deodrant/antiperspirant doesnt make the hair all sticky and horrible.

maximum turnip wrote:

Does anyone else shave their arm pits? I think it feels a lot nicer to be smooth there and also deodrant/antiperspirant doesnt make the hair all sticky and horrible.

Yes for that exact reason , but then I'm shaved below too.

Both me and my wife shave smooth. We go to spa in Germany (naked obligatory) and notice, as you do, that there is a whole spectrum of pubic forest maintenance. Some with full bush don’t do any maintenance, some clear away some of the forest usually a landing strip (which usually matches their partner) and some are smooth. The ladies have the same varied level of maintenance and I have to say that a full bush and under arm hair is quite beautiful but rare.

I was in a swimming pool changing room last week. Talking to an instructor who'd been training us, he stripped off and carried on talking, so I had to look at him as he stripped. He was shaved (as am I). Quite a surprise, I guess!