Metal butt plug advice

Hi all,
After having a glass and a few silicone butt plugs for a while now I’ve got the urge to try a metal one.
My questions are:
Are there any differences in sensation with a metal one over a glass one?
Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to try?

6 Likes

I’m also wanting to try a metal one to. My go to butt plug is a glass one but I definitely want to try out a metal one soon.

4 Likes

For me, id say weight is the major difference between glass and metal. Its definitely something that adds to the sensation of using a metal plug.

Njoy make really nice ones, but they are pricey so are really more an investment piece. I should really have bought the next size up as mine is not a tad small for me. So make sure to get the right size.

4 Likes

We have a medium sized lovehoney jewelled butt plug and a Doxy plug. Main difference is definitely weight. Metal plugs are obviously solid like glass, temperature sensitive too. But the weight is the big difference

3 Likes

I bet if u got a metal one and put it in the fridge then used it wow the feeling chilling :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried glass as they’re all a little large for me but prefer the feel of hard, cold metal to silicone and they also don’t hold any odour. Just be aware the specifications on the shopping site may be wrong - I have these two which are both 3.5” x 2.5” but the Rear Assets is 53g and the LH 124g which to me gives a more enjoyable sensation. :drooling_face:

1 Like

I find the metal ones can feel a little sharp but maybe that’s just me

1 Like

Weight is definitely the biggest difference. In terms of sensation, I couldn’t really tell the difference between glass or steel; other than that steel plugs sometimes do have a sharper tip, whereas glass tends to be a smidge smoother. But for the most part, they feel the same but the weight took me a little to get used too. But when all is said and done, I quite like the additional weight. Feels like it’s giving my butt a work out :rofl:

2 Likes

As others have said its the weight, some metal plugs can be heavy and depending on your level of stretching difficult to keep in, we both found when we first started using them the smaller ones tend to have very thin necks so stay in but if you want to use them for stretching ready for anal sex they’re probably not the best as they dont keep you open whilst wearing them. That being said a jewelled metal plug does look great for dress up. XxX

2 Likes

We have similar to the above gold LG jeweled metal butt plug. My wife also finds it a little bit pointy sharp going in.

It’s a big no no in the wintertime as she finds it too cold and hard to get the right temperature. We’ll use it again soon in this Heatwave and might help cool her done.

4 Likes

I’ve still yet to pop my glass and metal bubble but really wanting to try some things out. I’m just waiting to find the rights toys that make me want them lol

2 Likes

@AJSTAR Glass is great, especially the plugs, they tend to have thicker necks so they feel awesome when they’re in, also great for anal sex preparation. XxX

3 Likes

We would definitely lobe to try a metal one. We have silicone and a small glass one. Thinking we need a nice new one to add to the collection. :thinking: thoughts…

4 Likes

Think my first one will be a glass style plug as I do love a chunky base but again it’s waiting till I see something what spikes my wanting lol

3 Likes

I love the feeling of a weighty plug. Metal would be my goto.

3 Likes

Ive only tried metal but i love it. Ive got a set that range from small to large. The small is a bit too small, medium feels nice and then large takes some working up to but feels sooooo good when its in. Ive been wanting to try glass next but have been trying to decide if i want a glass plug or dildo :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ll try glass and like it … always want to try njoy metal . Only thing I try from metal was a kinda cock ring with a little ball attached to slide in inside, don’t really work as but plug as the arm connecting both parts it’s really small in diameter but weight of a metal ball and movement of it inside when pounding make me last minutes.
I will say most different will be weight wise.
Also metal and glass heat or cool in different rate

1 Like