Mildew growing inside a suction cup dildo?

Hey guys, I’ve just happened to bend down and look into our toy box (as I’d kicked it under the bed and set it a buzzing) only to find the out trusty, girthy dildo was looking a bit worse for wear. It’s not that old (only used once or twice) but appears to have black blotches that look like mildew inside the dildo? You can’t rub them off - and the appear all over in little blotches. After use we always wash them down with soap and got water and then dry them - then it’s kept in a cloth bag…

Any ideas where I’ve gone wrong? Or has anyone come across this before? Obviously it’s been consigned to the bin now!

I’m not planning on trying to return or complain as I’m sure it’s probably ‘user error’ but if anyone else has come across this I’d be interested to see. @Lovehoney_Brenna is this something that the returns dept has come across before?

Of you bought from love honey then you canreturn to them upto 1 year from purchase I believe

I don’t know I’m afraid, I’d drop Customer Care a message on LiveChat?

What material is the dildo made of?

1 Like

It sounds as though it may be that it’s not completely dried before storing away - can be really difficult to get inside all the nooks sometimes.

Was it stored with anything else? Touching a porous toy or something?

Another thing could be the type of lube you used with it - have you used anything that wasn’t compatible?

Not 100% sure, but just some thoughts :blush: sounds like you’ve done the right thing by chucking though!

Absolutely - wifey wouldn’t want to go near it I’m sure!

It’s only be used with the same water based libe we always use, and not stored with anything else - and was stored in a fabric bag so not touching anything else.

This was the one https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lifelike-lover-classic-girthy-realistic-dildo-7-inch/80460.html

Thx Brenna will do

It’s a porous material so it can never be completely cleaned. So yeah mildew can grow inside the toy.

4 Likes

Ah, that one is “soft plastic” so is porous. I don’t tend to buy those ones (I tend to stick to silicone, glass or metal for those reasons). I think the advice is the use a renewer powder/cornflour with them, but because its porous can’t be fully cleaned unfortunately. My advice would be to look for silicone toys :blush:

Edit: Sorry, didn’t see @Calie’s reply before posting!

2 Likes

Thx - customer service already have a replacement on the way! But good to know it’s
Porous - I’ve got a lot of cornflour (as we make our own bath bombs) so will use that on it.

Wife want a vixskin dildo - so might get of those next - although she really wants the bright coloured ones - and LH don’t do any of the more girthy ones in the bright colours…but at least they’re silicone!

1 Like

Only other thing I can add is you toy box air tight? It needs air flow to keep it dry so don’t use a “curver box” with a lid or leave the lid off?

1 Like

I think that would be it…

Save those little sachets you get with some items and put them in your box. Not sure how effective they’d be at keeping the moisture out of a box that might sweat a bit if sealed but better than nothing.

Drying then airing is helpful, too.

I put silica pouches in my toy box. :+1: Not sure how effective they are, but I had some lying around. :slightly_smiling_face: You can buy them quite cheap from Amazon, etc.

Yeah will do that - I’ve bought them in bulk before as I drop them in the bottom of my jars that I put my foraged, dried mushrooms in (the edible…not magic kind)