Mooncup!!

Mooncup FTW!

I've been using one for a couple of years now and haven't looked back. I highly recommend them!

Have never ever heard of these , will definately look into

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Mooncup FTW!

I've been using one for a couple of years now and haven't looked back. I highly recommend them!

This is only the 3rd day I've been using it and I'm in love with it! :)

I love my mooncup, just a bit of a faff trying to get it back out again!

They do come in different sizes to anyone worried about leaks though :)

Labyrinth wrote:

I love my mooncup, just a bit of a faff trying to get it back out again!

They do come in different sizes to anyone worried about leaks though :)

Yeah I find it difficult to remove it but for one, I cut the stem completely off, and secondly, I think it just takes practice because I am able to do it on the first time sometimes

I've had my mooncup for a few months and love it!

It's a godsend for women with very heavy periods as it holds twice as much liquid as the most absorbant tampon, so you can change less frequently than hourly! Which is so helpful when I'm at work!

It took me a few days to get used to inserting and removing, but now I find it very easy.

It saves money on tampons and pads, and the best thing is it's so hygienic!

delilahxx wrote:

It's a godsend for women with very heavy periods as it holds twice as much liquid as the most absorbant tampon, so you can change less frequently than hourly! Which is so helpful when I'm at work!

It took me a few days to get used to inserting and removing, but now I find it very easy.

My gran thinks it's disgusting and unhygienic lol

Kittycat102 wrote:

delilahxx wrote:

My gran thinks it's disgusting and unhygienic lol

When I first read about it I thought it was disgusting, but now I'm a convert lol

Haha yeah. I actually find that there is no blood on the outside of the cup. It's unlikely you'd even touch it if you removed it correctly

I've heard lots of good things about them but bad too! Is there a chance of embarrassing leakage? Does it really make menstrual cramps worse?

livie wrote:

I've heard lots of good things about them but bad too! Is there a chance of embarrassing leakage? Does it really make menstrual cramps worse?

Embarrassing leakage? Well not really if you change it as often as you know you should or change it depending on your flow and it holds a lot more than a tampon does. Make menstrual cramps worse? I'd say no because it doesn't even go high up like a tampon does, it just sits low down in the vagina

It'll only leak if you've not inserted it properly and it hasn't unfolded inside you. Mine never really unfolds by itself so I have to use my finger to turn it around inside, which doesn't hurt and then it just pops open and that's it :)

Kittycat102 wrote:

Haha yeah. I actually find that there is no blood on the outside of the cup. It's unlikely you'd even touch it if you removed it correctly

Exactly. And even if you do get blood on your hands.... Who cares?! It's only blood, and its yours! 

Women should not be afraid of their bodies and the things it does naturally. Nothing to do with a period is disgusting. Periods are the key to life and without them, we wouldn't be here to even have this discussion! ^_^

We've been brainwashed to believe that periods are gross and that we should make the whole experience as clinical and sterile as possible, which only serves to separate us from our nature. Women are amazing, and one of the main things that separates us from men is our menstrual cycle. We shouldn't deny what makes you inherently awesome! 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Kittycat102 wrote:

Exactly. And even if you do get blood on your hands.... Who cares?! It's only blood, and its yours!

Women should not be afraid of their bodies and the things it does naturally. Nothing to do with a period is disgusting. Periods are the key to life and without them, we wouldn't be here to even have this discussion! ^_^

We've been brainwashed to believe that periods are gross and that we should make the whole experience as clinical and sterile as possible, which only serves to separate us from our nature. Women are amazing, and one of the main things that separates us from men is our menstrual cycle. We shouldn't deny what makes you inherently awesome!

Well I'm not squeamish so it doesn't bother me anyway lol.

Ha, yeah I completely agree with you. I don't understand why they're seen as disgusting, it's only blood and a period is what makes life even possible so why do we have to talk about it as if it's some disgusting and horrible thing?

Are they comfortable enough to wear? I don't have periods anymore but they might be worth suggesting to my younger cousin who struggles with hers.

Well said, Jess!

I'm not squeamish when it comes to my period, I'm just really weird about having things inside me when I'm not aroused because it always feels uncomfortable. I have the same problem with kegel balls and tampons etc, I feel like I can't sit down when I have them in, which may mean that I've got them in wrong but I've tried every way I can think of.

I'm not having periods at the moment for obvious reasons, a moon cup is something I would consider in the future though as I've heard you can also measure your blood flow with them? Which would be useful for me as I have endometriosis and very heavy periods. It's just the idea of having it inside me...

NatandTom wrote:

Are they comfortable enough to wear? I don't have periods anymore but they might be worth suggesting to my younger cousin who struggles with hers.

You can't even feel it once it's in properly lol

Boogaloo wrote:

Well said, Jess!

I'm not squeamish when it comes to my period, I'm just really weird about having things inside me when I'm not aroused because it always feels uncomfortable. I have the same problem with kegel balls and tampons etc, I feel like I can't sit down when I have them in, which may mean that I've got them in wrong but I've tried every way I can think of.

I'm not having periods at the moment for obvious reasons, a moon cup is something I would consider in the future though as I've heard you can also measure your blood flow with them? Which would be useful for me as I have endometriosis and very heavy periods. It's just the idea of having it inside me...

Yeah you can measure it :) And well you can't feel it at all, if you can feel it then it's not been inserted properly :) I don't like tampons much because even though I insert them the right way, I can still feel it which is annoying and painful sometimes

delilahxx wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Mooncup FTW!

I have been considering one of these for a while now, but my concern is that you can feel it, or that it would get stuck/dry out. I use tampons atm, but only for the first 2 days, because they sometimes dry out and are difficult to remove. Is this totally different for a Mooncup? xx

The Mooncup doesn't dry out, it's made out of silicone so it's completely different. The only thing I'd say to do if you did get one, would be to just put some water over the outside of the Mooncup so it's easier to insert