Mooncup!!

So yesterday I was dreading my period because it was due and I just thought that I'll have to use tampons again and feel uncomfortable for a few days. But then I remembered I purchased a Mooncup a few weeks prior. I hadn't used it before and I was pretty scared but that thing has just made me so happy. I never thought that periods could be so easy with something, it's like I don't even know I have my period because I can't feel anything! This is probably a weird post but I just wanted to share it because I know a lot of women on here suffer because they use tampons and it's just horrible but the Mooncup seriously is amazing :)

I've always personally felt too nervous of using something like a mooncup, i' scared of not being able to get it out again! But i can't stand mestrual fluid, the smell of it makes me ill and i have never been able to use tampons for the fact you have to touch your body and will get it on your hands, is it similar with a mooncup? I'm lucky the implant has stopped my periods for now but i'm always worrying about what if they come back.

Well with the Mooncup you'll end up getting some of the blood on your fingers but honestly I think you'd get used to it because you're just getting close to your body and you can see if your flow is becoming abnormal or something by how much you bleed every month so I think it's good for health issues too

Im with you on this one virginangel, the thought of a cup freaks me out. Glad your enjoying your monthlys kittycat, i just mainky use pads cant say any part of the monthlys are enjoyable but hey hoo. With tampons I find unless they are inserted in just the right way and place they can b uncomfortable but otherwise usually ok x

sassykitten;) wrote:

Im with you on this one virginangel, the thought of a cup freaks me out. Glad your enjoying your monthlys kittycat, i just mainky use pads cant say any part of the monthlys are enjoyable but hey hoo. With tampons I find unless they are inserted in just the right way and place they can b uncomfortable but otherwise usually ok x

Pads for me are just not someting I can use. I used them for about a year when I first got my period and then I just ditched them because my periods are far too heavy, and used tampons till I was 22, so a long time really lol

Things us girls have to go through. I dont enjoy pads but sometimes u just got to :(

Well I know some women like to wear them with a tampon as well in case of leakage

I thought of buying a mooncup but the reviews put me off! Lots of women saying it got stuck on their cervix (which is user error as its meant to be low down), and also lots of people saying they leak and getting them out is a nightmare because the blood spills out everywhere and defeats the object of wearing one. I do think they're a really good idea though, much more body safe and environmentally friendly. Plus you can avoid the tampon tax and save a fortune in the long run!

Personally I can't even wear tampons during my period, I find them so uncomfortable, so I'm guessing a mooncup wouldn't feel great for me either. As messy as pads are, I prefer them just because they're the most comfortable for me, and comfort is key when you're in agony anyway!

Ive done that, when I was new to tampons I used to wear a pantiliner with it to make sure, I still always where pantiliner to aviod a unexpected period. Im so frightened of the humiliation if I leaked while in public

Boogaloo wrote:

I thought of buying a mooncup but the reviews put me off! Lots of women saying it got stuck on their cervix (which is user error as its meant to be low down), and also lots of people saying they leak and getting them out is a nightmare because the blood spills out everywhere and defeats the object of wearing one. I do think they're a really good idea though, much more body safe and environmentally friendly. Plus you can avoid the tampon tax and save a fortune in the long run!

Personally I can't even wear tampons during my period, I find them so uncomfortable, so I'm guessing a mooncup wouldn't feel great for me either. As messy as pads are, I prefer them just because they're the most comfortable for me, and comfort is key when you're in agony anyway!

It doesn't get stuck at all and yeah that would be user error because it's just meant to be where the opening to your vagina is, that's it. They also don't leak if they're inserted properly and the cup is unfolded inside, if it's not unfolded, it will leak. The blood doesn't spill everywhere if you sit on the toilet when removing it and do it slowly and at the right angle once it's out. Also, a Mooncup to me is nothing like a tampon. I can't feel it at all whereas I could feel a tampon and it is a little uncomfortable to insert but it just takes practice to get it right :)

I've thought of giving one a go, I suffer now from irregular and heavy periods, to the point of calling in sick. I cannot wear tampons as my cervix is weird and I always get irritation and what feels like bruising from them. Yay for being a woman.

Where do you buy one from?

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

I've thought of giving one a go, I suffer now from irregular and heavy periods, to the point of calling in sick. I cannot wear tampons as my cervix is weird and I always get irritation and what feels like bruising from them. Yay for being a woman.

Where do you buy one from?

You can get them online or if you live in the UK, get it fr boots :)

I'm lucky that I've never had issues with tampons and never feel them. Only time I felt uncomfortable was when I first started to use them, it was just finding the right angle to get it in and the right absorbency. I hate pads with a passion. I've not used moon cups, but tried beppy sponges, but can never get them out, even if I try and flood it, so that it drops! Had partners and friends having to dislodge them and pull them out ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

VirginAngel wrote:

I've always personally felt too nervous of using something like a mooncup, i' scared of not being able to get it out again! But i can't stand mestrual fluid, the smell of it makes me ill and i have never been able to use tampons for the fact you have to touch your body and will get it on your hands, is it similar with a mooncup? I'm lucky the implant has stopped my periods for now but i'm always worrying about what if they come back.

I always use Tampax compaq, the plastic applicator means you don't have to touch your body and don't get anything on your hands. I also find it generally gets it in a better place than if I've tried non applicator ones.

Miss Stripes wrote:

VirginAngel wrote:

I always use Tampax compaq, the plastic applicator means you don't have to touch your body and don't get anything on your hands. I also find it generally gets it in a better place than if I've tried non applicator ones.

Those ones are the ones I can actually deal with. Especially the pearl ones cause I find they feel a lot more comfortable than the ones made out of cardboard and non applicator ones for me, are just so hard to use lol

I've got a mooncup type cup never got on with it having to empty it every hour or two on my heaviest days i'm not that heavy and it was pretty full, getting it in and out is the worst i'm fine with the folds but not the actual getting it takes ages it keeps unfolding and i've managed more than once to get it in upside down getting it out isn't so bad can tug on the stem till it's out enough to dig out, doesn't really feel any different to a tampon when inside i prefer the idea of them as i'm kinda paranoid about TSS just wish something existed that made getting one in/out easier

myghost wrote:

I've got a mooncup type cup never got on with it having to empty it every hour or two on my heaviest days i'm not that heavy and it was pretty full, getting it in and out is the worst i'm fine with the folds but not the actual getting it takes ages it keeps unfolding and i've managed more than once to get it in upside down getting it out isn't so bad can tug on the stem till it's out enough to dig out, doesn't really feel any different to a tampon when inside i prefer the idea of them as i'm kinda paranoid about TSS just wish something existed that made getting one in/out easier

I guess everyone is different. I actually find it easy to use and I unfold it easily by poking it lol

I love my mooncup, I do get the odd leak on my first couple of days but that's more because I have extremely heavy periods! I just back up with a pad on those days. Have never had any problems getting it out or stuck on my cervix. If you have normal periods they can be left in for up to 8 hours. You can also go swimming while wearing it.

I have heard SO many good things about them. The only thing that worries me is this scenario which I know I am capable of.

In a public bathroom, pull mooncup out, clumsy Paige spills mooncup... public bathroom now turns into an epic bloodbath

Kittycat102 wrote:

Miss Stripes wrote:

VirginAngel wrote:

Those ones are the ones I can actually deal with. Especially the pearl ones cause I find they feel a lot more comfortable than the ones made out of cardboard and non applicator ones for me, are just so hard to use lol

I keep trying the pearl ones but find the applicator doesn't push in properly. Can't understand what I'm doing wrong lol. Gone back to the normal compaq ones.