Morning yoga

Hi, I have decided to get up 15 minutes earlier and do daily yoga before breakfast to looses then tension in the body.
I am a bit out of practice, but I felt good after.

Poses I did: mountain pose x3, standing forward fold x3, warrior 2 - 1 each way, downward dog, child pose. I think I will add some more in the mix as I go.

Does anyone do this? If so, how long do you do it for? What poses do you do, and does it bring any benefit?

4 Likes

I’ve tried it straight away when waking up, but I wasn’t particularly a fan. The reason why is because after you sleep you’re all stiff (obviously) so when you stretch, in particular if only for a short period, you are almost just stretching to get to your natural flexibility that you’d get to with normal movement anyway.
I personally rather doing it straight after the gym, or mid-day when I’m at around my usual ‘walking around flexibility’ if that makes sense.
Not trying to put you off, as morning yoga (or yoga you enjoy!) is infinitely better than no yoga.
Also depends why you’re doing it.

I am doing it in the morning to loosen my body and improve flexibility and it is the only time to myself in the day usually. Getting a regular session any other time is nigh on impossible.

Im doing Yoga in the evenings at the moment, as my Chiro has told me it will help my bad back (totally blaming my kids for this). I’m really enjoying it. I pair it with my Shakti Mat, and its amazingly relaxing in the evening - and my core in improving which does seem to be helping with my back pain…

Like others have said, can’t imagine i’d have the time in the morning as that is currently filled with trying to get children awake, dressed and fed before school. If I got up earlier to do Yoga i’d probably mistime the morning completely…but if I could I would.

I do t do yoga but I can proudly do the standing tree pose :grin:

I do a bit of yoga daily after breakfast- generally watched by the dog who think it’s all a game :dog2:
Generally about 20 minutes and various poses

I started doing yoga once a week helped my sex lifevwith new positions lol

I do a lot of yoga as part of my fitness regime.

Every morning, before I get up, I do straight leg raises and ‘pigeon’. Helps stretch the hamstrings.