most likes for a review

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

I didn't think you could like a review multiple times? I don't mean to be horrid but the review isn't that good External Media

Which is why I jumped to the conclusion I jumped to lol

Of course there could have been a lingerie theme going on at the time so more people than usual looked at it and liked it.....

For clothes I also find it REALLY helpful if the person tells you what size they are so I'm a curvy 16/18 who is quite hippy (not A hippy lol). That way someone else looking at my review can identify with me in relation to what I say about the size of the product

I like to know what size people are as i find it really helpfull!

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

I didn't think you could like a review multiple times? I don't mean to be horrid but the review isn't that good External Media

Of course there could have been a lingerie theme going on at the time so more people than usual looked at it and liked it.....

For clothes I also find it REALLY helpful if the person tells you what size they are so I'm a curvy 16/18 who is quite hippy (not A hippy lol). That way someone else looking at my review can identify with me in relation to what I say about the size of the product

I just would not guess you are size 16-18. I am there too and based on the photo I would guess 12-14. You have nice body shape.

Laveila wrote:

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

I just would not guess you are size 16-18. I am there too and based on the photo I would guess 12-14. You have nice body shape.

Awwwww thanks hun External Media

I need to lose a little bit of weight really but the confidence boost is nice x

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

Lies! That photo is you right? You're no bigger than I am and I'm a 10-12!

You look perfect to me!

Booties wrote:

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

Lies! That photo is you right? You're no bigger than I am and I'm a 10-12!

You look perfect to me!

External Media Thank you both - that picture is me from around Christmas time (can't remember exactly) but I have put a little weight on recently!

Cannot remember the last time I was a 12/14...... in fact not sure I've ever been a size 12/14. Too curvy. Laying down makes you look thinner!

One thing I dislike in reviews is stuff like 'I used this on my slave / pet / painslut' or 'My Mistress/Master used this product on me'. While I'm as fond of BDSM as the next gal, I don't really think the specifics of that dynamic belong in a product review. Tell me how the paddle / collar / restraints actually worked and felt, but don't give me specifics of the names you call each other and the emotional dynamic you share.

I really appreciate the reviewers who keep it informative and professional. Yes, tell me how well it works at getting you or your partner to orgasm, and which body parts were stimulated, but try to do it without making me feel like a witness to your sex acts. I think The Nymphomaniac does an excellent job of this, and other regular reviewers do as well. It's just the occasional one that I run across that makes me feel like an unwilling voyeur and really turn me off.

I am trying to be as professional as possible. But dont think I always manage. Although sometimes reading a review giving more details can be erhm. Interesting. I dont remeber which product it was, but there was a review like this and I actually really liked it. But there were no names for those involved, just describtion on how it was used and I found that... arousing.

silverdrop wrote:

I really appreciate the reviewers who keep it informative and professional. Yes, tell me how well it works at getting you or your partner to orgasm, and which body parts were stimulated, but try to do it without making me feel like a witness to your sex acts.

Professional - perhaps this paragraph of one of my reviews may not be classed as professional LOL

"Now being a curvy 16 I find that often the thongs are a scrap of material that you couldn't comfortably blow your nose on, with strings attached to the sides that dig into you and give you major lumps and bumps. In fact 9 times out of 10 they'd be more use hooked round your ears and used as a little mask to cover your nose and mouth!"

Maybe 43 people actually did find it useful because it tells you about an obvious size discrepancy in that particular garment, which saved them all buying a size that didn't fit and having to change it

silverdrop wrote:

One thing I dislike in reviews is stuff like 'I used this on my slave / pet / painslut' or 'My Mistress/Master used this product on me'.

I really don't like people making it too personal either. TN definitely does a good job of getting things across without subjecting readers to an erotic novel...

I'll sometimes slip in a little quip or suggestion on how else you can use it... I just don't like;

"My girlfriend loved shoving this up my arse and hearing me moan as it stretched me wide. It's small enough that she even got under me and gave me a mind blowing blowjob until I had an EXPLOSIVE orgasm."

Like... Dude, just say it's the perfect size for you and enhances orgasms?

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

silverdrop wrote:

I really appreciate the reviewers who keep it informative and professional. Yes, tell me how well it works at getting you or your partner to orgasm, and which body parts were stimulated, but try to do it without making me feel like a witness to your sex acts.

Professional - perhaps this paragraph of one of my reviews may not be classed as professional LOL

"Now being a curvy 16 I find that often the thongs are a scrap of material that you couldn't comfortably blow your nose on, with strings attached to the sides that dig into you and give you major lumps and bumps. In fact 9 times out of 10 they'd be more use hooked round your ears and used as a little mask to cover your nose and mouth!"

Well I refer to thongs as 'butt floss' in my reviews, so I can't really object to your description either! External Media And I don't think humour or lightheartedness detracts from a review at all, as long at it enhances the informative part instead of replacing it.

silverdrop wrote:

I click the helpful button if it helped me decide whether or not to buy the product (or add to my wish list, more likely, because who can buy everything they want?) So I might like a positive or negative review of a product. If it gives me the information I needed to know, then I consider it a good review.

I only click dislike if it's a profoundly uninformative review. Taking the time to write a review is helpful in itself, so I'm not going to vote it down unless it's really really bad.

I totally agree with silverdropExternal Media Also, why write a review without taking the time to do it properly?

Now I'm just hoping mine are all ok ?? Up to the standard the OA expects! If not pointers appreciated!External Media damn, am worried now..........

silverdrop wrote:

One thing I dislike in reviews is stuff like 'I used this on my slave / pet / painslut' or 'My Mistress/Master used this product on me'. While I'm as fond of BDSM as the next gal, I don't really think the specifics of that dynamic belong in a product review. Tell me how the paddle / collar / restraints actually worked and felt, but don't give me specifics of the names you call each other and the emotional dynamic you share.

I really appreciate the reviewers who keep it informative and professional. Yes, tell me how well it works at getting you or your partner to orgasm, and which body parts were stimulated, but try to do it without making me feel like a witness to your sex acts. I think The Nymphomaniac does an excellent job of this, and other regular reviewers do as well. It's just the occasional one that I run across that makes me feel like an unwilling voyeur and really turn me off.

Booties wrote:

silverdrop wrote:

One thing I dislike in reviews is stuff like 'I used this on my slave / pet / painslut' or 'My Mistress/Master used this product on me'.

I really don't like people making it too personal either. TN definitely does a good job of getting things across without subjecting readers to an erotic novel...

I'll sometimes slip in a little quip or suggestion on how else you can use it... I just don't like;

"My girlfriend loved shoving this up my arse and hearing me moan as it stretched me wide. It's small enough that she even got under me and gave me a mind blowing blowjob until I had an EXPLOSIVE orgasm."

Like... Dude, just say it's the perfect size for you and enhances orgasms?

External Media Thank you both of you, I do try my best not to go off into writing about my experiences as if it was an erotic novel though I feel at times I do slip a little. Also my writing style seems to change slightly depending on my mood, how much coffee I've had, or how long since I last wrote anything.

Though unlike many I'm more of a non-fiction reader and writer than a fiction person. Give me a well written text book that is factural but still is in an easy to read form and I'd be happy, compared to something that isn't factural at all and the writing style is just plain bad... hmmm not sure if that makes sense *need coffee*.

Yeah I linked that review as I was very surprised really, I think the most I've ever recieved is 4 and personally think that's a lot. Though I see since posting that example a few people have given it some dislikes, I have to say I was tempted but left it.