most likes for a review

I've been looking at other peoples reviews and have noticed that some have a massive amount of likes such as this review: Cottelli Flirt Sheer Lace Babydoll&reviewid=20556#customer_reviews 43 likes!

So i was wondering why do you click like for certain reviews? and have you seen any reviews that have a massive amount of likes?

Whilst I don't wish to sound like a bitch I wonder if the original reviewer liked her own item multiple times.

The only reason I say this is because I've seen much more comprehensive reviews with far fewer likes and this hardly gives an insight into the product!

I only like something if it has good detail - I don't mean an unnecessary war and peace review for the sake of it (I've seen some and fell asleep half way through!), I just mean it details all the points of the product (so for clothes - material, fit, stretch, body type it would fit, colour etc). and gives me an insight into it that I couldn't otherwise imagine unless I bought it myself.

If I don't like a review I don't mark it at all - cannot see the point of the did you find this review helpful - No, option!

Bear in mind, this is just my opinion - everyone likes to see something different in a review!!

I didn't know you could like your own review? though haven't tried as I think it would be miss leading.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I didn't know you could like your own review? though haven't tried as I think it would be miss leading.

I think you can - well I'm sure the option is there if I look at one of my own reviews

And of course, if you cannot like your own review then I take it back!! External Media

Oh gosh... I feel guilty... Sometimes I like someone's reviews but I don't click like! Better start doing it. It'll be more helpful for others.

I didn't think you could like a review multiple times? I don't mean to be horrid but the review isn't that good

I don't really pay attention to how many likes it has. I generally find it's possible to tell how good a review is within the first paragraph.

It's slightly worrying how someone might have "liked" their own review numerous of times. Moment of madness.

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

I didn't think you could like a review multiple times? I don't mean to be horrid but the review isn't that good External Media

Which is why I jumped to the conclusion I jumped to lol

Of course there could have been a lingerie theme going on at the time so more people than usual looked at it and liked it.....

For clothes I also find it REALLY helpful if the person tells you what size they are so I'm a curvy 16/18 who is quite hippy (not A hippy lol). That way someone else looking at my review can identify with me in relation to what I say about the size of the product

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

I didn't think you could like a review multiple times? I don't mean to be horrid but the review isn't that good External Media

You can.

And you can like your own review also.

I like reviews that are comprehensive, detailed and cover everything I would *want* to know if I were looking to buy the item.

I don't give a negative rating very often at all because it seems counter productive but if a reveiw really is dire ("bought this for the mrs and she hasn't even seen it yet, let alone tried it on, and I've not opened it but 5 stars!!" or "shit, because I didn't realise 10 inches would be fucking massive - rubbish") then I'll consider giving a negative rating.

Adx

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

Which is why I jumped to the conclusion I jumped to lol

Of course there could have been a lingerie theme going on at the time so more people than usual looked at it and liked it.....

For clothes I also find it REALLY helpful if the person tells you what size they are so I'm a curvy 16/18 who is quite hippy (not A hippy lol). That way someone else looking at my review can identify with me in relation to what I say about the size of the product

You hippy :P I also find it helpful to have sizes

Alicia D'amore wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

You can.

And you can like your own review also.

I like reviews that are comprehensive, detailed and cover everything I would *want* to know if I were looking to buy the item.

I don't give a negative rating very often at all because it seems counter productive but if a reveiw really is dire ("bought this for the mrs and she hasn't even seen it yet, let alone tried it on, and I've not opened it but 5 stars!!" or "shit, because I didn't realise 10 inches would be fucking massive - rubbish") then I'll consider giving a negative rating.

Adx

I'm the same as you with the rating. I'll also give it a bad rating if it's something like 'omg i luved dis was amzin' External Media

I don't think it's very good that you can like something multiple times - It doesn't give it a "wide" rating. Just one persons view. I wasn't aware that you could like your own reviews ethier - I don't think this is good ethier as it could make some people "abuse the system".

Okay! I have now gone and liked one of my reviews (my favourite one, to keep it slightly fairer), so I can tell you that it is possible. However it will only let me like it once. =)

I don't like it when I see;
"Bought this product for my gf. She looked so hot that -detailed sex scene-. Trust me it's goregous and clings you want to buy it!!!"
And it has 10 ...
Then beneath it is a really well-written, thorough review with 0... And sometimes people thumbs down these reviews in what I personally see to be just a bitter way.

I do my best to cover the things I would want to know when writing a review... For example with lingerie; Fit, feel, build quality, likeness to image, value, etc... So generally I expect it to be at least 10 lines...
I don't mind reading long reviews if they're interesting... Some just rabbit on... And generally if they're over 6 paragraphs (long ones!!) I'll just skim it.

Booties wrote:

Okay! I have now gone and liked one of my reviews (my favourite one, to keep it slightly fairer), so I can tell you that it is possible. However it will only let me like it once. =)

I don't like it when I see;
"Bought this product for my gf. She looked so hot that -detailed sex scene-. Trust me it's goregous and clings you want to buy it!!!"
And it has 10 External Media...
Then beneath it is a really well-written, thorough review with 0... And sometimes people thumbs down these reviews in what I personally see to be just a bitter way.

I do my best to cover the things I would want to know when writing a review... For example with lingerie; Fit, feel, build quality, likeness to image, value, etc... So generally I expect it to be at least 10 lines...
I don't mind reading long reviews if they're interesting... Some just rabbit on... And generally if they're over 6 paragraphs (long ones!!) I'll just skim it.

Bearing in mind when the review was written perhaps it was possible back then to multi-External Media

Can't see what's wrong with this - you too could look like his girlfriend, which is HOT ppffftt External Media

I didn't even know about this option, I've only written 2 reviews myself & tbh I try to be as concise as I can, short & sweet but informative, well I try to be.

Booties wrote:

This is why if I write a long review (usually for a very pricey product e.g. Zini Deux Luxury Couples Massager Set&reviewid=26489#customer_reviews ) then I'll bold bits and have headings etc. because I know not everyone wil want to read a long review but I feel it's required for that product - then they can just go to the sections they value.

You definitely used to be able to like reviews multiple times -maybe if you close the page completely and go back to it another day you can like it again. I've certainly had the option to like people's reviews more than once in the past.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Booties wrote:

This is why if I write a long review (usually for a very pricey product e.g. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17561&reviewid=26489#customer_reviews ) then I'll bold bits and have headings etc. because I know not everyone wil want to read a long review but I feel it's required for that product - then they can just go to the sections they value.

You definitely used to be able to like reviews multiple times -maybe if you close the page completely and go back to it another day you can like it again. I've certainly had the option to like people's reviews more than once in the past.

Adx

Formatting has gone funny...

Anyway, I have read some long reviews that are really helpful, and don't bore me at all. It's just a generalisation that they exhaust me xD
In this case, the Zini is an expensive item, so I want to read a long review on it. I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on something without knowing exactly what it's like...
I generally get bored when it takes someone 10 pargraphs to basically say "fits well, spot on sizing. Boyfriend loved it. Good quality, bit pricey, but hey." You know?

Hmmm well I'm not going to try to multiple-like mine, so I'll take all your words for it!

I've been skeptical of those ever since I saw someone give an OMG this is so amazing review to a vibe that was so weak I compared it to a training bra. Two people marked mine as helpful, so I'm guessing they decided not to buy, but what if their response would have been more like the first person's? Did they miss out on £2.75 worth of heaven?

rose hip wrote:

I've been skeptical of those ever since I saw someone give an OMG this is so amazing review to a vibe that was so weak I compared it to a training bra. Two people marked mine as helpful, so I'm guessing they decided not to buy, but what if their response would have been more like the first person's? Did they miss out on £2.75 worth of heaven? External Media

I always try to think of someone who might enjoy a product that I didn't like - if it's too weak for me, I'll often suggest it may be good for a beginner with toys or someone who's super sensitive. Too big may be perfect for size queens.

With clothes - one size fits all that drowns me I'll suggest it's more suited to someone bigger than myself.

I try to think why I don't like something and then think well I don't like that bit but someone else might so what could be the benefit of that negative.

Adx

Uh, 43 likes? The review is not that informative, plus I think we have completely different views on the price. For that price I would expect the doll not to be rough, but smooth and and definitely not ridged, because £25 is not that little money for me.

I have to admit I came across some reviews in the past which had a lot of like (over 10 at least) and I did not find them informative at all, so the idea of people likeing their own reviews crossed my mind and even wondered if you can do it multiple times, but no, never tried it. Maybe you can if not logged in and lets say every other day? May be appealing, because there was the price for review of the month? Or something like that. I am not on Lovehoney for so long.

I click the helpful button if it helped me decide whether or not to buy the product (or add to my wish list, more likely, because who can buy everything they want?) So I might like a positive or negative review of a product. If it gives me the information I needed to know, then I consider it a good review.

I only click dislike if it's a profoundly uninformative review. Taking the time to write a review is helpful in itself, so I'm not going to vote it down unless it's really really bad.