Moving!

I know exactly how stressed they get, he had idiopathic cystitis when younger. Also has stomach issues (same as me, I collect diagnoses like some people collect stamps) & he’s very (read, VERY) close to me, but I DO have his best interests at heart, same as when his sister was put to sleep (broke my heart)

He’s an indoor cat anyway so it wouldn’t make much odds re the garden x

As some of you know, I’m looking for somewhere to live. My housing officer emailed me a list of housing associations & charities. Out of 14, 3 are for people over the age of 60/retirement homes; 1 is for wheelchair users (I don’t use a wheelchair (yet)); 2 of them have been taken over by one of the others, none of which have flats in my area; another doesn’t have anything in my part of Scotland; one just doesn’t plain have anywhere near me; another has to be accessed the same as when I filled in my original housing application; one has 2 flats 20miles away; another is for people who are receiving support (social worker etc). I’ll try the rest tomorrow.
If I didn’t laugh I’d cry :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Feel your pain. Been looking for a place in my area for the past 3 years now. Council have been absolutely useless even after recognising my urgent need. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

3 Likes

It’s demoralising, isn’t it? Maybe I should just get my husband to whack me about a bit then I can say, I’m fleeing violence. He’d not do that though, for all he’s a big fella

1 Like

Surely this is bad on your housing worker person as looks like they’ve not even bothered to understand nor read up on your requirements and just forwarded you the generic housing list they give to everyone to skim through and do all the work :flushed:

2 Likes

It literally makes no difference. My local council recognised I’m fleeing abuse in April and I haven’t heard from them since.

1 Like

That’s exactly what ex said last night.
In other news, I’m going to see one tomorrow. Bit more than I planned, doesn’t accept dss or pets so…

1 Like

Update on the viewing: it’s up a steep hill (I use the stick to walk/wallop idiots), on the first floor, quite a distance from the shops and bus stops…
I know it’s just the first one I’ve seen but still, I’m desperate to move out. Anyone near Glasgow got space in their understairs cupboard for a little 'un?

Well if your ex thought the same too then it must have some truth! Maybe your housing worker needs a motivational poke lol

1 Like

Told my sister and she said the exact same thing so that’s three of you :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

So that means the housing worker needs less of a poke and more of a broom up the backside lol :joy: :broom:

1 Like

I’d sent an email to my housing officer at the weekend about the rent deposit scheme. She emailed on Monday saying she’d need to ring to take my details. My GP was ringing at some point so she said she’d ring Tuesday. Got an email from her today

"Morning %%%%%%%%

Is it possible for you to provide me with the following.

Benefits need to know how much you get

Also what do you spend the money on like , food shopping, rent, gas or electric, car

If you can get me this today I will complete the paperwork to the rent deposit team."

What’s the f***ing point?

Might be worth putting the info together and at least keeping a copy of it somewhere, as commonly get asked for that sort of jazz.
I guess the point is whilst she doesn’t have that info, it’s easy for her to drop the shoulder and say not her problem, she cannot move forward without info.
Once she has that info, ball is in her court again, and there’s an expectation for her to do something. Unfortunately have no choice but to play the game - as long as doing your bit you can carry on poking them to do theirs.

1 Like

I’ve now been referred to the Rent Deposit Team who work with private landlords & help with deposits. Between you, me and the gatepost, I can afford the deposit. Hell, I can afford the rent but because I’m benefits landlords are being arsey

Heya! Not sure if this has been mentioned, but cat fosterers are a thing - even temporary accommodation with the intention of them going back to their owners as long as its within a set contracted time. I’m one of these cat fosterers!

I’d recommend reaching out to see if there’s any in your area, usually through charities :orange_heart:

3 Likes

That’s a great idea, thank you. Only thing is that my cat is settled where he is and to be honest, I wouldn’t expect him to be here come January. Plus, I know my (soon to be ex) husband will take care of him. Plus, they really seem to be bonding now… :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Are there any charities you’d particularly recommend? I mean, I know there’s a woman down the road who has two cats…

Got a phone call this morning from the estate agent saying the landlord had accepted my application to rent the flat and I have a provisional moving in date of September 22nd. I’m hanging on by a thread because there may be some difficulty re my benefits.
Ma wee cat, who lost his sister to cancer in February, has spent the evening being sick and has now taken himself off to cupboard with the duvets in where his sister spent her last two weeks.
I know he’s picking up on my emotions and it’s made even worse by the fact that I can’t take him with me so he’s staying with his dad.
V. E. T. tomorrow so wish me luck!

5 Likes

Wishing you both all the luck in the world. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like