Moving!

Dis you ask the landlord if you could have the cat? When we uaed to rent we wanted to get a dog i spoke with landlord and she was happy enough as long as it was a small dog… I know not all landlords are so good.

1 Like

He seems to be an OK landlord (he’s letting me decorate) but I don’t know if asking to have my cat might be a step too far. The flat’s only a 5 minute bus journey anyway so I can be there sharpish

@VeryCurious6 good luck to you both hun :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Great news about your flat, hope for ball feels better soon :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Maybe once you are in and settled you could then ask if you would be allowed to have the cat. If its a no then he/she will stay where they are but a yes would bring tour baby home to you

Has to be worth an ask at some point x

1 Like

Ya read my mind. I’ve literally just sent this to the estate agent acting on behalf of the landlord: "Bit of a long shot I know, but is there any chance whatsoever that the landlord would let me have my cat? Only reason I ask is that he’s an elderly, very well behaved indoor cat who’s quite poorly and most likely doesn’t have that long until he goes to join his sister who was put to sleep in February. I understand if he won’t & I’ll move in anyway as [my current address] isn’t too far away, but if I don’t ask, I don’t get.

Many thanks"

3 Likes

He’s been like this a few times before. First time he ended up on a drip the day me & OH went down south for surrygate gramma’s funeral which was also my dad’s birthday (he died in 1993). Never had to go on a drip since mind but always that wee part of my brain that thinks “maybe this is it”

Awww sweets how frightening for you :sob: I wonder if the cutest lil babies picking up on your n t the families anxieties and sadness that you’s are going through at these times when he gets this way? I know our furball feels anything like that, it’s amazing how connection to us. Please keep us posted n fingers crossed for everything to go well n lots of love coming your way :kissing_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies last night. I woke up this morning with a heavy heart but who should come through the bedroom door demanding food but AC? Meowing as if nowt had happened. The magical powers of a feline antacid… Still keepin an eye on him.
@Alyssa646 he’s a very sensitive kitty, attached to me (with all my MH issues). Even more so since his sister was put to sleep

Thank you all so much for your replies.

2 Likes

Glad he’s better! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ll see how he goes in the next few hours (ie whether he’s ill or not) before we say he’s better :wink:

1 Like

Yasss fighting the urge to do the Irish jig over here :kissing_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Any news from the estate agents yet?

1 Like

Aww poor kitty, I hope the vet appointment will be ok. Yes animals can pick up on our emotions and they’re a great example of how it can effect them mood wise too.

2 Likes

@Kinky-Bhoy all gone OK. Still on track for getting keys next Wednesday.

@AJSTAR definitely. He’s always been a sensitive wee soul & I think losing his sister was the beginning of it

He’s eating a bit today but not much. Honestly, it’s a re-run of what happened with his sister. Sitting here, tears rolling down my face

2 Likes

Oh sweetie i!I’m so sorry to hear this, like you’ve not got enough stress without adding sadness and all those emotions. Wish we could offer more than virtual snuggles, all the love I’ve spares coming your way bab :kissing_heart::sparkling_heart:xxx

1 Like

He’s been sick again. It’s :broken_heart:, I don’t know what to do for the best but I can’t do anything until tomorrow (I can’t drive & it’d be £20 for a taxi each way to and from centre of Glasgow for emergency vet & they’d want a certain amount before you got there). I can’t help but think that, although it’s fkn horrible, maybe him going now would be the right time. Does that make me a bad person?

1 Like

I hope everything goes well @VeryCurious6, best wishes and hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

No, i had a beloved dog and she was nearly 17 and I couldn’t bring myself to make the big decision, hoping she’d just pass. One day she was ok, the next bad and in the end i had to make the decision that was right for her, not me. So no, you are not bad, just human.

3 Likes

Seeing an animal you love suffering is never easy. I’m so sorry. It’s clear you care about your cat a great deal and want what’s best for him.

2 Likes