Muscle pain after orgasm?

Every time after I orgasm, about a few hours later, it feels like I have done weight training on my legs and the next day it’s harder to walk. No one else I know of has this so I’m asking you guys. I don’t know if this is normal or not or if I am just orgasming too hard. This is a serious post.

Imagine it could be a couple of things. How long are your sessions and it what position? Are your legs supporting you throughout or due to intensity are they tensed/flexed? This can play a role as can water intake. And maybe some stretching exercises can help. Not an expert and no clue if it’s medically related. Do exercise quite a bit so naturally I relate to soreness/stiffness in that regard. Just trying to help!

@Atex2duo usually my sessions can be an hour or sometimes 2 hours on my back. When I orgasm my legs do twitch a little but not much. I usually do, do some stretches and exercise. It is just really strange are orgasms really that powerful that it can take out my legs like that?

1 Like

That’s quite a buildup so imagine they are intense and powerful. Awesome. I’ve nearly fallen after doing it standing up in the shower but that may more have been a lightheaded feeling from cumming!

There could be a few reasons for it. The simplest is that your are tensing the muscles in your legs when you orgasm and possibly not breathing deeply enough. Doing this over a period of an hour or 2 is going to have an effect on your muscles. Try giving your legs a short warm up before hand and a short cool down after. This doesn’t have to be completely clinical, you could roll and rock your hips, put some sexy music on and dance a little for yourself, whatever works for you.

Shifting position once in a while may also help. If you really need to be in an exact position to orgasm, try laying on a different part of the bed (particularly if the place you lay to masturbate is the same place you sleep).

Otherwise, make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids, as dehydration, electrolyte imbalances and low calcium can affect how quickly your muscles recover from exercise.

But if you are really struggling with it, it might be worth seeing a gynaecologist as they can examine you and make sure everything is as it should be and/or refer you to physiotherapy.

1 Like

Lactic acid all the way.
When reaching an extremely intense orgasm it is easy to over use muscles within the extremities of the body.
Lactic acid is caused by a lower level of Oxygen. Drink water drink water drink water. Exercise the muscles you would expect to use during sex, exercise. During an orgasm you are actually using muscles you would not normally expect to use. Remaining as subtle and as fit as possible will help reduce the build of LA.

Just to add, a massage-Sports massage-May help with your muscle group becoming more subtle, as such Re oxygenating your limbs will help to prevent aching post sex, which a sport massage will help with.
Most of all remain Hydrated. Muscle cramps/Weakness are more prevalent when the Muscle groups are Dehydrated, they will cramp and become uncomfortable as a result of dehydration.

Walking distances, stretching and excising are all factors that will introduce the body to excess O2. The more the better as the muscles will then be subject to more and less likely to cause you more pain.

1 Like

Hi @sharbur, I don’t get leg pain after orgasm but I do find that my nerve pain gets worse (I have a nerve condition that affects the nerve that supplies the pelvic area). Apparently my problem is caused by tight pelvic floor muscles. When you orgasm your pelvic floor muscles spasm and, for me, they don’t relax enough leading to tightness in the pelvic floor and hip / back muscles. It’s common for the muscles in the legs to tighten too. I’m wondering if this is similar to what is happening to you? Not the nerve problem but the tight muscles (affecting your legs rather than your back like mine is). I have found that hip opening stretches and stretches for the legs really help. I often do yoga for the lower back and hips too. (When I say yoga I mainly mean stretches and relaxation, I have zero balance or coordination!). It might be worth looking up hip opening stretches or yoga for hips, legs or back on YouTube. I use Yoga with Adriene- she’s very clear and the beginners ones are brilliant. Sports massage might also help. You could even get a foam roller and try to do some massage yourself at home.