My only ever lovehoney complaint

I've just received a package that I ordered late Thursday night (so it was early :) ) It had my two new glass toys, my first glass toys at that. I was so excited I opened them straight away, only to be greeted by one of the packages absolutely covered in mould??

I don't want to return the product just because of its packaging, the product looks fine, it's glass afterall. However, I just wanted to check that if I clean it thouroughly it will still be safe to use.

So odd, this has never happened before, and as the title says, I've never had a bad word to say about LH but this was a bit worrying!

Advice?

You know what to do - do it.

Agree with sub. Press the button....

I know glass is totally sterile, but for my own piece of mind I would probably opt for an exchange. I actually had an item that had some mould on before because of the packaging.

Regardless on what you decide to do, contact LH live chat or shoot them off an email so they're aware of the problem and can look at their stock to see if it has just been the case with one box, or all of that stock.

It'd almost definitely be fine....but love honey really are good on the customer service and I'd expect one if the staff will be on here saying they'll send you another shortly simply for your piece of mind. Jump on the chat

Yikes. Mildew? That kind of thing would put you off.

I'd contact live chat immediately. They need to be aware of the issue, as Mrs said, so they can check the rest of the stock and not send out any more like that x

scorpiosami wrote:

I've just received a package that I ordered late Thursday night (so it was early :) ) It had my two new glass toys, my first glass toys at that. I was so excited I opened them straight away, only to be greeted by one of the packages absolutely covered in mould??

I don't want to return the product just because of its packaging, the product looks fine, it's glass afterall. However, I just wanted to check that if I clean it thouroughly it will still be safe to use.

So odd, this has never happened before, and as the title says, I've never had a bad word to say about LH but this was a bit worrying!

Advice?

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you received a less-than-perfect delivery!

Please contact customer care so we can resolve this for you, and also figure out which toy it was and check the rest of our stock so other customers don't end up with the same issue.

Further to my last post - I've had a quick peep at your order and have figured out which toy it is.

Having checked the stock on the shelf, it seems the boxes look fine from the outside, but when you open them you can see the mould on the inside - I'm so sorry! I can only assume the bulk box on the shelf has been in stock for a while and got damp, but due to the mould being on the inside of the box, our pickers and packers didn't notice!

I've let our Warehouse staff know and they've removed the product from the website while they investigate and check the remaining stock.

Thanks for letting us know. I've passed your details to customer care who will email you shortly :)

100% quailty customer service right there. Less than 12 hours after you raise somthing they have already delt with it.

Well done Lovehoney for providing amazing customer support <3, we all love and thank you for it.

Im willing to bet that Lovehoney get on average maybe 5 complaints a year, every single one of them is resolved and the customer is happy.

Im supprised you have not won some sort of award for your customer service!

Was it this one hun? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11683
because when I received mine and opened the box it had like little bits of black dust on it (sort of like mould)
But I didn't think much of it and just sprayed it with toy cleaner and then washed it in boiling water.

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Was it this one hun? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11683
because when I received mine and opened the box it had like little bits of black dust on it (sort of like mould)
But I didn't think much of it and just sprayed it with toy cleaner and then washed it in boiling water.

I'm sorry to hear you've had the same problem!

Please contact customer care to let them know if you get the chance - it's handy for us to know how many people have been affected.

WeeSteve wrote:

100% quailty customer service right there. Less than 12 hours after you raise somthing they have already delt with it.

Well done Lovehoney for providing amazing customer support <3, we all love and thank you for it.

Im willing to bet that Lovehoney get on average maybe 5 complaints a year, every single one of them is resolved and the customer is happy.

Thanks WeeSteve!

As for awards, we don't like to brag but.... ehem... ;)

No worries Jess will do :)

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Thanks WeeSteve!

As for awards, we don't like to brag but.... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/awards/... ;)

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Thanks WeeSteve!

As for awards, we don't like to brag but.... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/awards/... ;)

![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif) shortlisted?? that should be best and winners surely!

All done! And sorted! Very very helpful as always :D

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Thanks WeeSteve!

I stand corrected, you seem to have won/ been nomiated for several awards!!

pinkanimal wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Thanks WeeSteve!

![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif) shortlisted?? that should be best and winners surely!

Well, it's nice to let someone else win once in a while.... ![cheeky|20x20](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif "cheeky")

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

pinkanimal wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Thanks WeeSteve!

Well, it's nice to let someone else win once in a while.... ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

So thoughtful jess :P

I bet they do get other complants about the stupidest of stuff from random one timer order types.

'It says it shold taste like strawberries but i think it taste's more like strawberry jam, not what I wanted, false advertising, I'm going elsewhere' RETURNED.