Naked

Hi all,

My OH and me are both European Northern mainland mixes. I have the impression that it is less common in the UK to be naked in a non-sexual way, say at home (?), in medical practices, in saunas (ok, they are mixed here anyway), and changing rooms.

I noticed that in female-only changing rooms, at the gym for example, most ladies cover themselves up with their towels when dressing. I usually don't bother doing that, so I think a few times I noticed some discomfort in the people around me. My OH told me, the men don't care at all. I haven't checked that though What do you think? Should I better try to cover up, so I don't offend anyone with my naked bum? Or is it a personal decision of everyone if they want to be naked themselves or not?

I think it has a lot to do with your upbringing. I was brought up in a household where walking around naked was always totally normal & am now totally at ease with being naked in the gym changing rooms. I think people often forget how natural the naked body is & many can only associate naked-ness with sexuality.

micky do you mean you are from N Europe and living in UK?

Guys generally dont bother as your OH says but I think UK women are more modest, take your lead from those around you.

Personal decision definitely :) I'm naked all the time at home, and my friends have to deal i cant say its ever made them edgey or annoyed at any point its just like oh there she goes again :) But i just feel more natural that way and i presume you do to as its the norm where you come from. If someone has that much of a problem with it, they should tell you and you'd know, till then just be yourself. How much can you offend someone by being naked anyway. xx

We can be conservative at times, i think it filters down through the generations but i honestly don't think other peoples behaviours should affect yours. You arn't hurting anyone by being naked in places such as changing rooms, if someone doesn't want to see it they can look away right? I think it is more to do with people being consious of their own body and that is why they cover up. Alot of women have low self esteem, don't want people to see their wobbly bits or things that they are uncomfortable with themselves, this happens in their personal lifes not just in public places.

Be free, do as you want, no one is getting hurt and hey as they say "if ya got it, flaunt it"

I wasn't bought up being naked around the house but i do feel comfortable being naked around the house wouldn't bother me if i went out naked if it was legal.

Personal decision definitely :) I'm naked all the time at home, and my friends have to deal i cant say its ever made them edgey or annoyed at any point its just like oh there she goes again :) But i just feel more natural that way and i presume you do to as its the norm where you come from. If someone has that much of a problem with it, they should tell you and you'd know, till then just be yourself. How much can you offend someone by being naked anyway. xx

stuball wrote:

sorry didnt realise i done it twice didnt think the first 1 come up oops xx

ditto lol x

i try and be naked alot of the time but i dont really get to with a young daughter running round but i always sleep naked and i dont care in the gym changing room even though i do sometimes hide with been a bigger lass xxx

After meeting my new new girlfriend I feel so comfortable with her that one night she came home from work and I was stark bollock naked lol she loved it.

Thanks for the lovely answers! Yes, I am from mainland Europe and currently living in the UK.

I am relieved to read that you decide about yourself and are not offended by others walking around in their God given costume. Being naked is also more practical when it comes to applying body lotion ;)

Nakedness is best :)

My bf thought is was strange when he had his shared house to ourselves for a few days that I spent most of those without my clothes on, same in my own house, if it isn't affecting anyone else then i see no reason to not be naked. I would go with what feels natural, especially in a place like a changing room, some people may be funny about it, but that should be their problem.

I could never be naked in public or even in my own home with people there. I'm just not that comfortable with it, and hate people looking at me. I find clothes more comfortable, and I get cold easily.