Naming your sex toys.

Interesting. I tend to just refer to them as descriptions, but it's not as out there as I had thought :)

I have far too many to name them!

Kasey wrote:

I was reading a 'novel' today, and in it, the lead female had a dildo she called Mike.

I had never considered that people might name sex toys. Is this a done thing?

All my toys have names, and all but two were named by the manufacturer (the other by the retailer, since the originals just had an ID). Very useful: Bad Kitty, Missile, Warhead, Tsunami, Bubba, Futbol, Monolith, Tilapia, Cyclops, Polyphemus, Caterpillar, Fruitylicious, etc etc. Nothing wrong with these names ;) Much more interesting than '3.25 {foreignunit} butt plug', '3.5 {foreignunit} butt plug', etc, not to mention that 97.6% of the time, these numbers are way off anyway.

But these are my toys. There are infinitely many others I don't have. If you go to a behemoth store, bazillions of realistics and such each have a male name. Of course, nothing stands in the way of one gal or another renaming her dildo from the default John to Giuseppe, for instance — why would that be odd? ;)

sleepycelia wrote:

My partner calls my Icicles tentacle 'octopussy'...does that count?

It must. After all, I myself own an Octoplug:

http://imgur.com/rMAX9FA

There even exists an 'octopenis' toy somewhere, but a pointer to it I shall not give ;)

Some girl who I use to to friends with had a little bullet vib she use to call jade.

Witch was a bit weird seeing as her best friends name was jade haha.

I tend to just describe them, but my rabbit is called Ramsey :)

Lovehoney - Stephanie wrote:

This reminds me of the episode of Peep Show where Mark buys a big dildo but then finds it too intimidating so calls it Kenneth!

"Meet my sexual associate, Kenneth."

This is the best thing I have heard all day.

That might be how i start introducing my boyfriend.

i need to find names for my magic wand and violet want as when it gets shortened to wand it gets confusing. i even doubt what one isbeing refered to when Master says magicwand as i consider the violet wand pretty magical.

my oh rabbit is my purple bunny wabbit.

we have named a few of ours,

purple strapless strapon is (Purple) Pete

red vibrating strapless strapon is Ruby (Red)

black hollow strapon is bruiser

flesh coloured strapon is freddie.

thats justa few, there not all named sometimes its just as sexy calling them what they are . ie vibrator, butt plug etc

i haven't felt the need to name any of my toys i just call them what they are so if i have a Hummer Rabbit G-spot Tickler and Bully Boy vibrator i will call them just that if i named them all i'd never remember the names