Naming your sex toys.

I was reading a 'novel' today, and in it, the lead female had a dildo she called Mike.

I had never considered that people might name sex toys. Is this a done thing?

Can't say its something I've ever thought about either.
Id never be able to decide on a name anyway :)

You know how some people use the term BOB - battery operated boyfriend?

My brother in law is named Bob.

No. In so many ways.

My rabbit is named 'Bugs' but 'he' is the only one, I just couldn't have him named Jessica!!

My swan is thought of as James or the Commander because it is perfect but others no.

I've not named any any toys apart from my vibrating duck he's named Donald.

Never thought of giving them a name the only name I can think about during orgasm is my hubby's. I've just asked him he says he calls his his sex toy Jennyb lol

Nope never named mine.. Just call them by what they are called lol x

OH calls the Lelo large wand "Beast". Actually, she finds it too intense at present....refers to it as "That bloody thing!"

None of mine are named, I have so many favourites that i'd forget who's called what! :P

Haha we named the we vibe 3 Harmony! Think that's the only one that has a name :)

This problem cropped up for me this week, for the first time ever, while reviewing the Tantus Adam. It is generally considered "frowned upon" in the blogging world to anthropomorphise the sex toy in the review, although some do and I don't mind unless it gets creepy lol. I try not too though.

I only realised about half way through that I had stopped referring to the Adam dildo as "it" and was referring to it as "him" lol

"He has an average girth".....No...nonono woman!

Had to go back and change it all. This is what happens when they give sex toys real names!

Now...where did I put him....errr I mean it!

:D

Not given my toys any names,

We have named a couple of ours. Just the sikdos.... Names like big boy, hulk and Tyson . It depends on there size what name they get x

I haven't named any of mine, I'd forget them all I think!

My partner calls my Icicles tentacle 'octopussy'...does that count? Aside from that I've never named anything.

Can't say I've ever named mine, but then again I don't need to refer to them often in conversation with other people.

I have yet to name mine other than 'favourite' as this one is my favourite at the moment lol

lol, i don't even know what many of the real names are as Hub tends to buy them, i just refer to them by colour .......' you know the purple one that i like'.......

I named mine when I had so many that I just wanted to distinguish them, plus it definitely played on a few potential interests' minds...

Let's see, I had Pinki, Bluey, Serena (to be fair the vibrator was branded that), Ripley, Crystal, clearly imaginative names!

But nowadays I don't have that many sex toys, and similar to jjane47, I refer to them by colour or what they actually are - "I've got the bullet out".... "time for the lookalike" (realistic dildo), and I too have "that purple one I like"!!!