need advice on large butt plugs and anatomy

hi all

myself and my wife like to indulge in anal play and have a variety of butt plugs and dildos for anal play. until recently our largest was the doc johnson classic large at a 2.25 inch diameter. My wife enjoys anal play but has not got up to our largest plug yet, i on the other hand have and wanted something a bit bigger and not as long ( i find the length of the doc johnson one a bit uncomfotable). so we went for the ace of spades as its price was half that of the colt xl. it arrived and while its 3 inches in diameter its very solid and while having had it for a few months im still not able to take it all.

My issue is that it seems to get to a certain point and then my bum bones seem to be in the way. now will they naturally become accustomed to the large toy or am i anatomically unable to take a 3" plug . i hope its the former as i love the feeling of being stretched and full and while the doc johnson one is great i really want to take the ace all the way in.

ive tried several positions from squatting onto it and using body weight to try and help spread my bum bones and doggy etc to try and find a way of getting it in me.

any help and advice would be greatly appriciated

1 Like

I'm not an expert but have couple of gay male friends who like using but plugs.

Firstly 10 inches is a real big ask, it's a lot to accommodate for even the most experienced. It is possible that your anatomically not able to go all the way with this size but plug, although I have reliably been informed that if you have a but plug on an angle (like the njoy ones) that it is easier to accommodate more. Maybe try it at an angle and see how it goes, but please be careful you have chosen a very big plug.

i hope this works for you

Thanks for the reply louise. I will try it at angles and see if that helps. As I said I'm wondering if my body over time will come to be able to take it or is it just too big as I would love to take it and maybe even move up to larger plugs like the man servan, that's my goal I have really enjoyed being stretched but if I'm not able to take the ace of spades then I'll have to find something in between the 7.5 and 10 inch circumference range that I can take.

It could be the change in shape getting you. While the widest point of the Doc Johnson one is 7.25 inch girth (according to LH) and moving up to 10 may not seem like a huge jump, the Doc Johnson large has a LOT more taper to it, which usually makes anal toys easier to insert as they just naturally stretch you open slowly. It could be that the short, blunt, not very tapered shape of the Ace of Spades is the problem more than the increased girth, I know I for one struggle to insert butt plugs with little to no tapering (how do people manage those ball ones?!).

If I could work out how to add a diagram, I would, but here goes an explanation instead;

If you think of your pelvis from above, it's basically a heart-shape with a circular hole in it, with the centre point of the top of the heart being your sacrum/tail, and the bottom point being your pubic bone.

If you're putting in a butt plug, you're going to be very close to the sacrum (It's actually the connective tissue anchorage at the sacrum that decides where your anus is, and how deep the natal cleft is as well - It sort of creates a "tent" of skin between it and the pubis, over the pelvic floor) and thus basically at the top of the hole - If you push forwards-ish, more towards the pubic bone, you might have more luck in avoiding the cracking-against-the-bone feeling.

Gross oversimplification (I'm not a doctor) and you might just not be able to fit a plug that big (It is a VERY big plug) but that might be the way to try it. Good luck!

Update sort of

While googling alt about the construction of the male pelvis I found on a cycling site something about the ischial tuberosities aka the bum bones. Basically something to do with seat xomfyness but the interesting but was about measuring your bum bones for a correct fit. So I followed the how to and found I'm 5" between the bones so maybe it's just going to take some time. Well at least me and the Oh can have fun training my ass to take it ;-)

I think a girls bones are different so they can have babies so can also more easily (if they want to) take bigger plugs. The ace of spades is very hard, I have a larger plug thats softer, if I switch from the bigger to the ace it can still be hard to fit, the shape doesn't help either whilst you don't want a long one a longer taper helps greatly. Maybe one of these may be easier

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28800

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31400

If you or your wife can manage longer

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=4753

However if you are going to get several over the years then I would get this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7234 you'll save money and it's a really good easy to use one as it starts small ang gets pleasingly large.

I have the last one and this is my current fav. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28851

It will definitely take time to train the muscles and the surrounding muscles too. Hip and groin stretche and even hamstring stretches will all go a long way to helping you reach your goal.

As others have said take it slow and listen to your body

1 Like

I should have added the Ace of spades, I need to push like going to the loo, then sit down on it, not like the smaller ones that you can simply push in gently, the top(size) of the two shots one is the same size as your 2.25 dia one,

Thanks for the advice

I was exactly the same …untill a long time Later it finally went in …And wow was it worth the effort it was intense… Don’t rush it I worried it wouldn’t come back out but as soon as I tried it’s did straight away.

I also had a similar experience. Because of the limited taper it doesn’t naturally want to go in.

My recommendations are make sure you have the right lube, for me the LH discover is the best I’ve found for anal play. Then lots of it, internally, externally and on the plug. If you don’t have a towel under you bum, you don’t have enough lube imo. Also plenty of stretching like wearing a large plug for a few hours and then some further stretching with something like an inflatable plug.

Personally I prefer the ease of a longer taper plug but hopefully you achieve your challenge.