Need extreme anal lube advice

Hi all, feeling a bit daunted by the HUGE threads going on around this post. So be nice! ;)

Me and my partner have been experimenting with large anal toys lately. Initially we used the Sliquid H20 thick lube, and then moved onto Lubrifist. However we're finding that even Lubrifist won't stay put!

Does anyone have a better idea than Lubrifist? I don't think any of our toys are silicone, just PVC and rubber. Would moving away from a water-based lube be the best idea, or do better ones exist than what we already have?

Thanks all :)

Perhaps it's time to try a silicone lube. Since none of your toys are silicone it shouldn't be a problem, and the nice thing about silicone is that it doesnt dry out anywhere near as quickly as water based. Others will give you their recommendations on that front, but there is a specific section on lubes for anal use in the shop if you fancy taking a look.

Welcome to the forums!

In my experience, this works the best: Make sure the toy is dry first, then give it a good and even coating of silicon lube, then smear lubrifist or similar on top of that.

The silicone will stick to the toy if its dry, until you acutally wash it off with soapy water, and I find it stops the water based lubes being absorbed so quickly.

Have fun, and let us know how you get on!

Thanks both! I'll rummage in the silicone lube section and go by ratings there unless someone has a particular suggestion. Interesting idea about doubling up too, worth a try if it still isn't perfect! :)

if you do have any silicone based toys you could always cover them with a condom and then use silicone lube? silicone lubes are condom safe.

Silicone lasts forever but it's a bit thin, anal lubes are often thicker. Maybe try a mix of silicone lube and something like Maximus, which is a really thick lube that I use for anal.

Just reading this and wondering... is it best to use a specific lube for anal? I tend to use bogstandard Durex Play Lube...

LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

Definitely better to use silicone based or anal specific lubricant! You need something much more heavy duty for anal sex as unlike the ladygarden, the ass doesn't self lubricate. Drying out 'up in there' can lead to some bad times. There's definitely a noticeable difference, even if you've had success with water-based lubes.

LOL you know what... this could be the answer... Me and OH have been having pretty hardcore anal from the start... (love it) and I am a huge DP fan... although recently my chocolate starfish has been bleeding, anyway the doc checked it out (not nice) and said it was a frissure.... so we've held off anal for the last month or so but really... I wonder if thick lube would help it out?!?!

occhiverdi wrote:

LoveHoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

Definitely better to use silicone based or anal specific lubricant! You need something much more heavy duty for anal sex as unlike the ladygarden, the ass doesn't self lubricate. Drying out 'up in there' can lead to some bad times. There's definitely a noticeable difference, even if you've had success with water-based lubes.

LOL you know what... this could be the answer... Me and OH have been having pretty hardcore anal from the start... (love it) and I am a huge DP fan... although recently my chocolate starfish has been bleeding, anyway the doc checked it out (not nice) and said it was a frissure.... so we've held off anal for the last month or so but really... I wonder if thick lube would help it out?!?!

Try an anal specific lube, and try a lot of it! I'm no expert (far from it!) but that seems like common sense advice, along with going slow at first and relaxing and all that...