New bed recommendations / reviews

I had a search though some old threads but couldn’t find a more recent one about recommendations/reviews of beds and mattresses, and thought I’d post here as it seemed the most appropriate topic.

I’d love to hear about everybody’s beds and mattresses! How sturdy do you find it? Does it have storage? Is it comfy for sleeping and for playing? What else do you love/hate about it?

We currently have a double ikea malm bed and a cheap ikea mattress. It does the job and is sturdy enough, but does creak and squeak when you move around on it. It has lasted us well but it is definitely time for an upgrade in size and quality!

Please drop your recommendations below :sleeping_bed:

4 Likes

@chelsea29 great idea for a topic hun we had ours from a well known Swedish furniture company, in the beginning as most things it was the best thing since sliced bread we got it with a mattress topper but after a few years and moves around the bedroom it now squeaks and creaks like a good In especially at the key moments of action ! I hope it’s the bed that squeaks and creaks rather than my and the Mrs , we do need to look at changing the mattress rather than the bed. I hope you get some better advice from the others in the forum :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Premium cast iron bed with cast bedsteads either end. Double deep mattress. Fantastic for sleeping and for everything else there is so much to hang on and tie onto. Had nearly ten years. As solid as the day I bought it. Wasn’t cheap but worth every penny. If you’re planning to give your bed plenty of hammer then don’t waste money on something cheap…
… unless you want to brag about how many beds you have destroyed

you’ll definitely sleep well after too :slight_smile:
:sleeping_bed:

6 Likes

We’ve had wooden frame, metal frame, even the one where you can lift up the mattress for storage but the wooden slats just gave way.
All our bed’s squeaked in the end, and it got louder and louder over time.
Our mattresses we’ve always had silent night one’s and can’t fault them one bit.

We’ve just put our new one together that we got yesterday, a divan with storage. We got it on other at DFS, the bed, headboard and mattress, the mattress is silent night one again, it’s like 2 of them put together. It’s huge and so comfortable. It’s a double pocket one, it’s so high up. This is the first real decent bed we’ve had, definitely worth the money.
If you want a really sturdy bed that’ll last it’s gonna cost a bit :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We have a very sturdy solid Oak King size bed frame, I mean it’s not solid… it’s still slats at the bottom rather than something Medieval but is described as “Solid Oak”. Anyway, I love it, it has really wide head and foot boards (ideal for suction cup dildos) and is really sturdy.

I can’t remember what the mattress is but it’s a combination of sprung and memory foam and was expensive (at least to me) - significantly more so than the bed. It’s comfy but it’s also really thick which makes the bed quite high and much more annoyingly means most fitted sheets don’t stay fitted as the elastic doesn’t reach properly around the bottom. When the time comes to replace the mattress I will get something more standard as I sleep just as well on middle of the range mattresses.

I would recommend a quality, sturdy bed frame and to go and try out (lying and jumping about on not sex!) a number of mattresses to see what you like.

5 Likes

Our previous bed was squeaky and we were able to fix this for a while by adding some screws. Helped us by avoiding the need to replace the bed for a while. Might help as a short term solution until you buy a new one. Will give you a little more time to research.

2 Likes

Bed frames are generally down to personal preference to suit needs and the other furniture you already have.

But in terms of mattresses I’d recommend an ‘Emma’. Short of those expensive Hypnos ones it’s the most comfortable we’ve ever slept in! :wink:

4 Likes

We changed our bed when we moved into this house as we had a metal bed and any sort of movement it was creek.
Now have an ottoman bed with the storage underneath which is so handy.

Mattress wise it has to be soft for me so I can snuggle up to help me get off to sleep.

Even with the ottoman we can still have our under bed restraints there :ok_hand:

2 Likes

We had a water bed for a number of years and it was amazing. Warm in winter and cool in summer. Very comfortable too. Great for laid down sex. Not so good for kneeling positions. Has its own natural frequency so you need to keep your movements in phase with the water movement.

2 Likes

I made my own bed a few years back, was when I didn’t have a job and was quite down so I thought making a new bed was a good project, I went round my town and collected old pallets, sanded then down, stained, sealed and varnished them and connected them together to make a base and stick out headboard with built in shelves on either side, it was a sturdy thing and very comfortable, mattress wise I kept my old one and it genuinely felt softer with a more sturdy base to be on, I dismantled it when I moved and our current bed is from IKEA with drawers underneath, the plus was my mum recycled the pallets and they are now plant growers in her garden!

6 Likes

I luckily own a luxury bespoke bed company although i have a custom built floating bed i had a go at myself during lockdown i doubt i will have a new one anytime soon as out bedroom is built around it now but perk are i change my mattress once a month lolol

2 Likes

I’ve an eve mattress which has by far been the nicest one I’ve ever had in my life lol

3 Likes

I have got Hove bedframe , also mattress from oak furniture land . Taken out finance with them because they are expensive but I fully recommend them.
Bedframe itself is solid and the slats are solid. allready have slots for the slats to go in with holes ready to be screwed in which makes it easy to build :ok_hand::ok_hand: 100% recommend

2 Likes

I love my bed frame it is also from IKEA,the mattress is silent night and after 5 yrs the springs are jumping out :rofl:-recently brought my daughter a memory foam which seems really comfy so might look at those for us !??x
Ps don’t all beds make a noise after wear and tear of use and lots of sexy time :tongue:x

2 Likes

It seems like the general consensus is that if you want high quality you need to be prepared to spend an amount that reflects that.

It’s really interesting hearing everybody’s recommendations, I’m going to need to buy a hotel if I want a room for every bed lol!

1 Like

I have a an adjustable bed, it was decently priced.
Mainly purchased as I want it to last a long time as it has a solid metal frame and a flat thick wooden base and holds a lot of weight. It shouldn’t bend over time like cheaper beds.

Sleepmotion 100i, it was like £100 or £200 off when I got it.

1 Like

Absolutely love my bed, has wooden corner posts, heavy and sturdy - very difficult to move, and king size. Both head and food have metal detail, ideal for ropes and restraints. Has slats but they are very well done also.
I use under bed storage boxes underneath.
I think the frame alone was around £450, can quite comfortably say best bed I’ve ever had, suits all my needs and wouldn’t swap it for anything else.
Bought mattress separate, and got a good deal on one at the time.
Have to say, once I knew what I needed, it took a while to find exactly what I wanted - definitely worth the wait and the money though!

1 Like

We have already said we want to order from abroad for our next bed as we’d like a dungeon bed ? It’s basically a four poster with a lot of hooks, loops, bars etc to make things even kinkier. In an ideal world we’d have ceiling mirrors too but I think the kids would wonder wtf was going on in our room.
We have a huge tantra sofa at one end of our room and leather boxes stuffed full of toys by the end of our bed … that looks dodgy enough lol!

1 Like

I’ve been having a little snoop around online the past few days at everybody’s suggestions and I’ve stumbled across the hugest sized bed I can imagine!

An Alaskan King! 2.74m in both directions!

Could make a game of how many people could have sex on the same bed at the same time :rofl:

1 Like