New Returns Policy FYI (2018)

Hello all!

You may have noticed some new developments at Lovehoney recently e.g. the subscription offer. We hope many of you have managed to take advantage of this amazing offer.

There is another new development that will not affect you all too much but we wanted to inform you of it all the same before it happens. The change is to our returns policy.

New Lovehoney Returns Policy - Free Returns and 1 Year Product Guarantee

There are three parts to the policy:

1.Free Returns for 30 Days on all products

Any customer who is not happy with any item they receive from Lovehoney can return it for free up to 30 days later, providing it is unused and is in its original packaging/has its original tags. We will offer you an exchange or a full refund.

For Example: You have purchased  a Lifelike lover 9 inch for the OH. Sadly, they think this is horrible and way too big! They don’t want it so you return it for a smaller size or simply get a refund.

UK law says you have 14 days to return an item so we think this is still a brilliant policy.

2. 1 Year Free Returns on faulty products

When you create a Lovehoney account, you qualify for our awesome 1-year product guarantee. If anything goes wrong with your product, we’ll replace it for up to a year after purchase.

For example: You order the Lelo Sona Clitoral Stimulator and sadly within a year of having it, it stops sucking, you can contact Customer Care to arrange a replacement.

This far exceeds the requirements of UK law, so we think this is still a brilliant policy!

3. The Sex Toy Happiness Guarantee

Lovehoney account holders also qualify for our Sex Toy Happiness Guarantee. If you're not completely happy with a sex toy you have bought from Lovehoney, let us know why within 30 days of receiving it and you can return it for free and we'll replace it with one that we think will work for you. This applies to all sex toys only. Lingerie, lubricants and essentials, bondage items or gifts and games are excluded.

For Example: You have purchased the Desire Clitoral Vibrator, you have used it and felt like it was too rumbly for you and want to send it back. Fill out the returns form, selecting ‘Sex Toy Happiness Guarantee Claim’. Return it as usual within the 30 days. We will then contact you to discuss exchanging it for a more suitable product.

So you can still shop risk-free and try new sex toys. No other retailer we can think of offers this, so we think it is still a brilliant policy!

We know that this will take some getting used to, so our Customer care team are on hand 24/7 to help answer any queries you may have around this.

Wow all good news for us shoppers! The sexual happiness is an amazing idea, seems like a lot of hard work for you guys but great for people who may be new to the sex toy world.

Once again Lovehoney kicks butt 🙌🏻 Congratulations on the new policies and it’s exciting to see things change. Back when I first joined around 13 years ago it’s gone from
Strength to strength and I’m glad to be part of the journey

There is just one word for me that needs clarrifying that is "unused" .which is stated in the 30 Day return policy. In the example stated would this have to have been used to determine that its too big? Also this goes for clothing items like lingerie. Whereupon when it was tried on it was found to be too small/big whatever the case may be. In his instance this would have to have been used to determine that the item of clothing doesnt fit.

read and understood ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Mysteron, I think they mean in a condition where it can be sold again. If you use the toy and it’s not what you want and your not satisfied (too big etc) then you can go for the sex toy happiness guarantee instead. Which is similar to other stores giving you a voucher instead of cash back, it’s just to stop people from buying vibes, using them and returning them for cash when done.
Hopefully Leanne or the team can clarify but it kinda makes sense. I know sometimes you can think “looks big enough” when it comes to clothes and it’s too tight but as long as you check the measurements and don’t take the labels off etc you should be able to test it on top of other clothes carefully and if it doesn’t fit then it should be okay. A used piece of clothing or toy will be covered in god knows what ha

Really glad its still a year on faulty goods :) one of the main reasons I shop at LH because you hear so often about toys giving up after 6 months or so, it's nice to have that security 🙂 thanks for the update !

Thanks for letting us know Leanne, we will make sure to update these changes in various places on our blog asap!

Thanks Leanne, Still sounds like good policy to me.

I don't wanna be the one that turns round and says this sucks compared to the old policy, but...it sucks.

I mean, it's still half decent, and compared to other sites and stores, it's amazing, but it's not what we've come to love about LH.

Still, it's a change we saw coming and one we will adjust to, just like the free shipping policies.

I think lingerie and bondage should be included in the Sexual Happiness policy though. It's no different to sex toys, and in the case of bondage potentially more relevant.

This is why I never even bother to shop around, great customer service. Luckily I have never had to send anything back, but its great to know you're covered if you do.

PrincessSparkle wrote:

I don't wanna be the one that turns round and says this sucks compared to the old policy, but...it sucks.

I mean, it's still half decent, and compared to other sites and stores, it's amazing, but it's not what we've come to love about LH.

Still, it's a change we saw coming and one we will adjust to, just like the free shipping policies.

I think lingerie and bondage should be included in the Sexual Happiness policy though. It's no different to sex toys, and in the case of bondage potentially more relevant.

+1

What is going to happen with the pending returns that we sent before this change?

LyR wrote:

PrincessSparkle wrote:

+1

What is going to happen with the pending returns that we sent before this change?

Customer Service Contacted, all OK

mysteron wrote:

There is just one word for me that needs clarrifying that is "unused" .which is stated in the 30 Day return policy. In the example stated would this have to have been used to determine that its too big? Also this goes for clothing items like lingerie. Whereupon when it was tried on it was found to be too small/big whatever the case may be. In his instance this would have to have been used to determine that the item of clothing doesnt fit.

I wondered about lingerie/clothing too, so I've just asked Livechat. They said that items can be tried on and if necessary returned within the 30 day period as long as "they are in re-saleable condition i.e. tags and labels intact, no damage, no soiling, not washed" (and you need to keep your own knickers/undies on so new item doesn't touch genitalia). Hope that helps :-)

I'm not surprised the returns policy has changed although the new one obviously isn't as generous as the old one!

Just to clarify, was the old policy "Send back anything (used or not) within 12 months and get a refund"?

PrincessSparkle wrote:

What was the previous returns policy like?

Xialos - it was basically what runner123 said: you could send back anything whether used or not within 365 days of purchase, even if you simply didn't like it any more.  The new policy means you have to make a decision about an item within 30 days (unless it breaks/stops working)

(love your avi by the way!!)

What will happen with those who have ordered end of last year who ordered under the old policy also so if you have gone for a subscription since you don't know what your getting are you still ok to return free and have a refund like advertised and what happens if you receive a free gift with your order and you've used it but then have to return the bought item if it's faulty or not what you expected eg size bigger smaller but not used yet you've used the free gift as im aware when buying any offer if you received a free gift when spending such amount if you had to return any of the items ordered you'd have to return the free gift also

Lil_MissNaughty wrote:

Xialos - it was basically what runner123 said: you could send back anything whether used or not within 365 days of purchase, even if you simply didn't like it any more.

(love your avi by the way!!)

Ah! I see. Thank you for informing me. Seems like a downgrade but still pretty good, fortunately.

And thank you! ![](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif)

me me me me wrote:

What will happen with those who have ordered end of last year who ordered under the old policy also so if you have gone for a subscription since you don't know what your getting are you still ok to return free and have a refund like advertised and what happens if you receive a free gift with your order and you've used it but then have to return the bought item if it's faulty or not what you expected eg size bigger smaller but not used yet you've used the free gift as im aware when buying any offer if you received a free gift when spending such amount if you had to return any of the items ordered you'd have to return the free gift also

I agree that this needs clarifying - is the new policy only for orders placed from today onwards?

With regards to the subscription deals: I guess if you don't use the item and tell them within 30 days that you don't want it then they'll give you a refund?

Hopefully Leanne or someone will come back to clarify the issues we're all raising. But if you're in any doubt then contact Customer Care as they're really helpful.

The new policy is effective for orders placed from today.

The old policy stands for orders placed for up to a year from yesterday.

Hope that helps.

Please contact customer care if you have any further queries as they are best placed to answer them.

Thanks!