Newbie Looking for Advice - Urethral Sounding

Hi All,

I'm fairly new here, and I guess you could say up until now not been particularly adventurous sexually.

Well, as my partner and I have gotten closer and closer, we've started experimenting a bit and trying new things. Last night she was looking at a few videos online of male urethral sounding and, after having a long play and a good bit of looking at my penis she asked if it's something I'd be wiling to try together.

I've said yes, provided we take it slow.

Naturally, I'm a bit skeptical of having anything inserted into my urethra and whether it could be pleasurable. Anyone got any advice on safe play, recommended toys, or even what kind of sensation I could expect? (hopefully not pain).

Jay

Hello and welcome! I found this guide for you, hopefully this should answer any questions you have :) http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/bondage/cock-ball-toys/buyers-guide/what-is-urethral-sounding/

Thanks NatandTom, thats a really good article and helped answer loads of questions.

I think I feel a bit more comfortable with the idea now I know a little more, so we'll have a flick around on the site and see what toys are available and how they work. My partner is interested in trying urethral play on herself too, so we'll both be exploring outside of our comfort zones.

I'd be very interested to hear of anyone's experiences though. We've just looked at a few more videos online and it's safe to say theres not much beginner friendly material out there, quite a few scary ones in fact.

You've come to the right site to find out more information. Lovehoney have lots of reviews so you can read others experiences on these products before buying. If you want any advice on specifics, I'd have a chat with customer care as they can advise you what products are the most suitable for beginners.

Hi Jay R, the advice given above is first rate. From personal experience start small. The range of products on here is quite small but fine to start with.

On your original post you asked what feeling you will get and will it hurt, the feeling is just like masterbating from the inside especially if you use the ribbed steel sound sold on here. Does it hurt, definitely NO if you feel any discomfort STOP. As with any insertable play your body will tell you if something is not O.K.

I started with the thruhole steel plug sold on here and slowly moved on to larger and longer sounds bought elsewhere so now I am a very avid fan of this play.

Male sounding, don't use anything too small and pokey try say 7/8mm to start with either steel or silicone use lots of lube and maybe a lube syringe to insert lube go slow and enjoy, make sure everything is clean beforehand and remember to have a pee afterwards to flush anything away. Girls, basically the same everything clean to start with, lube, remember the female urethra is much shorter about 3 inch talk to each other at all times , if you use a hollow sound on your oh her pee will flow out of the sound if you insert it far enough you can drink it if you want or just put a towel down, communication is the key, you can also hold a vibrator against the sound rod for greater effect?

Thanks guys, your advice and info on experience is incredibly helpful.

My OH and I tried on me last night (we bought two sets of sounds so she plans on trying hers tonight after watching and playing with me). She found the idea a massive turn on and watching even hotter, and when I let her take tenative control of the dilator she loved it even more.

Phil, your description of like masturbating but from the inside is spot on, I didn't really understand until I tried, and it did feel really good. I found the trick was to relax and just let gravity and lube do the work and before I knew it I'd gone very deep.

Quiet Ones, your advice is brilliant, neither of us really knew about the length of the female urethra. My OH is aching to try this but doesn't want to pee. For myself, I found 4/5mm comfortable, but couldn't get a 6mm in yet but I imagine it'll get easier as I become more relaxed.

I think Bondagegod would be great for this thread- he will definitely be able to help you. Hopefully he will have a look at this soon.

+1 bondage gods input would be good. I don't know anything in the subject, but wanted to drop in and welcome you and wish you well on finding lots of sexual happiness ❤xx

Sorry guys to me it still just looks like a modern take on the torture dished out by the Inquisition .Eyes beginning to water.

Good luck though if this is your thing..

For her, remember there will probably be a bit of wee, just tell her it does not matter, it's also easier for you to do it to/for her, to make it easier for me I use this; http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16485

keeps everything open and easy access and can see better-have your OH use a mirror to help her see what you're doing that helps always and adds to the kink factor, both what you're using and howmuch you can see, if you want make a mark with a marker pen on the rod so you can see how far you've gone its easy to loose track of how much/little has gone in, in the heat of the moment.

I have some Rosebud sounds and can get the 12mm all the way in, about 10" also have some shorter dialator ones 8" and can get up to 15mm in about 4" 13/14mm goes in all the way, dont worry if it goes in all the way it will come out of its own accord just try standing up-slowly.

Thanks Slinky and Paige, I'm glad to be here, the advice is great.

Haha, not to worry Mysteron, I felt the same way when my OH suggested it. It was really her care and support, and my desire to pleasure her too that convinced me to try.

Quiet Ones, your advice and experience is fantastic. We tried with her last night and letting her see with the mirror really got her hot and excited. She loved the sensations and seeing her that aroused was driving me wild too. We went slow and gentle as we are both complete newbies. If there as a little wee, neither of us noticed at all in the heat of the moment.

What really amazes me is the extra sensitivity following urethral play, for both of us the orgasms that followed were long and intense, even had to change the sheets afterwards.

Both of us are really eager to keep playing and exploring this. My OH is already looking at those vibrating sounds, and the reviews do look good. I known she could use one as we used a 6mm sound on her.

Rather than doing myself an injury for the sake of asking the question, are bigger sounds something that can be built to with slow and steady play? Given the sensations from a steel sound I'd be interested to see what a vibrating style can do, and even a plug someday, though they are definitely bigger than I can take right now.

Hi Jay R, I am glad that you found my description spot on. If you go slowly with size increases in time you will be able to use quite large diameter sounds. I must stress SLOWLY I have been using sounds for around 3 years and my capacity is 12mm but I know some people who use much larger ones. The rule I used on my original post if it hurts STOP.

Wow, 12mm is huge to me.

It was actually your initial post that gave me the boost to try this, as well as a lot of encouragement from my OH.

This has become a staple of our foreplay now and both of us love it, I can't get enough of the look on her face when she takes control of both the sound and my body.

I agree,don`t start too small as they can cause damage,7/8mm is the easiest and safest start point,i have managed to get 9mm so far,and hope with time to go further,there are some good priced sets on a certain auction site.As advised,keep things clean and well lubed and you shouldn`t have any problems!

Jay R, I am so pleased that I ws able to help you to try something new. It seems that you are having a lot of fun, maybe now you have both joined together and explored you might try other things that you would not have before.

This site is a wonderful place to gain advice and guidance so if anyone else has any questions just post your curiosity. I am sure someone will be able to help.

Hi jay r. I've just seen this post today and seen by your review you have already purchased and tried a urethral dilator. I've not tried a dilator yet as I have got a sperm stopper I use.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33617

Inserting the ball is a lot easier then I thought it would be and lube is very important. Like you said in your review relaxing is very important.

Glad you enjoyed your experience of your dilatior.

Thanks Paige and slinky blinky for mention me to give advice on the subject.

Tempted to purchase this one

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33621

Just slightly nervous with being bigger and longer than what I'm used to.

bondagegod wrote:

Got one similar with a through hole. Tends to attempt to escape even though it's 10 mm. Can take up to 12 mm now, at a squeeze. Think the glans ring should help though.

jimbogemini wrote:

bondagegod wrote:

Got one similar with a through hole. Tends to attempt to escape even though it's 10 mm. Can take up to 12 mm now, at a squeeze. Think the glans ring should help though.

ok thank you.