Nipple Piercings

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Ethíri wrote:

Well then you're a lot more considerate towards your piercings than most people I know. Sorry if I sounded at all patronising, it wasn't intended.

And I may be doing it again, but I also have excema and was overjoyed when I was introduced to implant grade titanium. But you've probably heard all this before. Just for my own sake, do you happen to know what material she uses that doesn't affect your skin? Sounds intriguing! Thanks :)

The material sounds to me like PTFE or bioplast. Effrectively it's Teflon (the same non-stick stuff they use on frying pans!) so it doesn't stick or pull on your piercing. It's hypoalergenic, completely autoclavable and can be cut and moulded into any shape to suit your piercing. It's pretty amazing stuff. It also means that when your swelling goes down you don't need to change the bar, just cut it down and re-thread the ends for the balls, and this minimises trauma in the final stages of healing.

I had the back of my neck pierced with PTFE and not only has it lasted 7 years (and still going strong) but I still wear the same bar from the day it was pierced.

That sounds incredible! And autoclaveable, dream come true. Your friend doesn't happen to have a website or anything for this yet? I'd really consider trying a piece, I love PTFE. Although I've wanted to get pierced with it and was told it wouldn't be a good idea, not sure why though. Sounds like its definitely worked for you.

Ethíri wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Ethíri wrote:

Well then you're a lot more considerate towards your piercings than most people I know. Sorry if I sounded at all patronising, it wasn't intended.

And I may be doing it again, but I also have excema and was overjoyed when I was introduced to implant grade titanium. But you've probably heard all this before. Just for my own sake, do you happen to know what material she uses that doesn't affect your skin? Sounds intriguing! Thanks :)

The material sounds to me like PTFE or bioplast. Effrectively it's Teflon (the same non-stick stuff they use on frying pans!) so it doesn't stick or pull on your piercing. It's hypoalergenic, completely autoclavable and can be cut and moulded into any shape to suit your piercing. It's pretty amazing stuff. It also means that when your swelling goes down you don't need to change the bar, just cut it down and re-thread the ends for the balls, and this minimises trauma in the final stages of healing.

I had the back of my neck pierced with PTFE and not only has it lasted 7 years (and still going strong) but I still wear the same bar from the day it was pierced.

That sounds incredible! And autoclaveable, dream come true. Your friend doesn't happen to have a website or anything for this yet? I'd really consider trying a piece, I love PTFE. Although I've wanted to get pierced with it and was told it wouldn't be a good idea, not sure why though. Sounds like its definitely worked for you.

I had my neck pierced in Cold Steel in Camden, London (they're amazing!) but you can order PTFE from the internet. Places like www.bodyjewelleryshop.com are great. Then you can take it into your body piercer and ask them to sterilise it for you and use that instead of titanium. You will need to get your hands on the threading tool (also available at bodyjewelleryhop) to make sure they can add the balls on for you :)

I tend to use titanium but it's not suitable for all of them. It works in my ears and my dermals but not my others, makes them swell.
Yeah, I think that's what she uses. I've not came across it yet but she uses it in all her sensitive areas and since our eczema seems to be sensitive to similar things and so severe, she reckons I'll be perfectly fine with it.
She even recommended a certain black ink for my tattoos that I won't react to.

ShannonMarlene wrote:

I tend to use titanium but it's not suitable for all of them. It works in my ears and my dermals but not my others, makes them swell.
Yeah, I think that's what she uses. I've not came across it yet but she uses it in all her sensitive areas and since our eczema seems to be sensitive to similar things and so severe, she reckons I'll be perfectly fine with it.
She even recommended a certain black ink for my tattoos that I won't react to.

Ah that's ace! Yeah I would bet that PTFE won't aggrevate your eczema, and it would be perfect for nipples. I wish I'd had mine done with PTFE now and not titanium, I wonder if they would have healed better / quicker? Who knows!

As for tattoos, I believe there are hypoallergenic inks on the market, but you'd have to contact your tattoist ahead of time to check if they have them.

I've got 5 tattoos already, they've all healed okay and only really had major issues with one of them but they take forever to heal for me!
Hopefully, this special ink will heal faster

I had my nipple pierced in November, totally on a whim, never thought about it before! The pain was surprisingly momentary, explaining to people that no numbing gels etc are used, and see them wince, but it's not that bad. About a week of general soreness, and you soon start to forget it's there. I have rather big boobies, and do a lot of running, and I can honestly say at no point has it been uncomfortable or interfered with anything. There are a lot of pretty bars/rings etc for sale, however in stick to a simple bar with balls at each end. The balls mean that clothing etc just glides over them and doesn't catch. If never really had much sensation in my nipples to be honest, but it has made foreplay a lot more enjoyable. As others have posted, get it done and if it's not working for you, you can always take it out (which I'm sure you won't!)

I had one of mine done 15 years ago and I love it.

Thinking about having the other one done now. I think I possibly had it pierced too far down my nipple as I cannot get shield to fit. :(

biggest issue I have with getting it caught is on fishnet tops I find you just have to be extra careful when removing it from around my nipple as it quite often has poked through.

I used to have mine done and they didn't have any massive long-term impacts on sensitivity. Actually, having retired them a few years ago, I'd say I was probably more sensitive than ever.
I miss them. Been considering getting them redone for a while now.

The post about men having nipple piercing Yes Yes Yes. I had mine done 10 years ago, no problems healed quickly. The piercings do not interfear with nipple play in any way, in fact enhance enjoyment.

I think they are sexy although Im not sure if I would get them myself but have a friend who has and she loves it, I have been with a guy who had pierced nipples and I found it really attractive although the only thing I would say is I never touched them and I think I was a little worried bout hurting him or them being sensitive, so maybe just let your partner know they wont hurt Im sure you will both enjoy them :)

My wife's had hers done for years, did not affect breastfeeding and healed quickly one did have crusties for ages but changed from bioplast to titaniun and had no problems since. I have to be a bit careful if I pull on them too hard with my teeth but thats about it, she says there isn't much change in terms of feeling, she also has a vch and her two inner lady bits done, keep trying to get her have the outers done but no luck so far!

I got my left nipple pierced about 3-4 years ago now.

Never had any problems with healing, except for that horrible itchy period a couple of weeks afterwards - drove me up the wall at times.

I have found that my nipple is always erect & more sensitive than my right one.

Thinking about getting my right done sometime.....

Sorry to dredge an old post up again but I'm seriously considering a nipple piercing . I love having my nipples licked sucked and played with so I'm a bit worried about it taking 6 months to a year to heal as I don't want it to stop any sensitivity or being able to have them touched in the meantime.( I've just ordered some nipple clamps while I pluck up the courage ) Also slightly worried about getting my nipples out in a piercing salon. Any advice from people who've had it done? Thanks