Nipple Piercings

Hey everyone!

So, recently I've been considering getting my nipples pierced. One of my friends is a professional piercer and has hers done so it'd be her that did it.
She says that, once healed, they can be treated totally normally. So rough nipple play is still possible and should feel even better! And it doesn't affect lactation at all.

I was wondering what all of you think of them, whether you'd get them yourself and whether you have any personal experience with them?

Hey

This was started a short while ago you could look her for tips and more info etc..

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/778924-nipple-piercings/

Lovehoney - Jess is a great person to ask for advice. I'm sure she will see this tomorrow and get back to you :)

Hope this helps x

Thanks Cazz <3

No problem, you could search the forum for 'piercings' in the search bar, maybe more will pop up I know this is a common subject on here :)

Hope you find info xx

Mine healed well, the only issue that I haven't seen come up is if you are into nipple clamps etc... that can be a right trial and error thing. Not all fit well after...

I got both of mine done about 3 months ago and they have both healed very well, I had no problems at all :)

Had one of mine done a long time ago, in fact 17 years ago, one it healed I never had any problems with it. I eventually took the piercing out as because I was playing a lot of contact sports & it was a pain taking it in & out.

I found my nipple more sensitive and its remained that way. The beauty if piercing is that if you don't like them you can take them out.
Give it a go, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

^^ As with above, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Yes it is probably painful at first, but you forget about that as soon as it stops being so.
The wonders of the human body, childbirth is painful but I can't for the life of me remember or even attempt to mentally feel that again and it was only a couple weeks ago lmao

I'd go for it if you want to, especially if you have a close friend in the business, its so much better when it's someone you're comfortable with! I had my septum pierced 4 times in total by my friend whilst we were at school. Obviously not professional and I don't.. condone it... but we got professional equipment, sterilized everything, done tonnes of research - it was our "dream job" anyway lol I would trust him, more than I trust most professionals when I walk in a studio. Just because I feel much more comfortable with that guy than someone I don't know!

I had both of mine done years ago.
Painful but once healed they are "normal" but as already said more sensitive in a good way.

Very enjoyable.

Hey ShannonMarlene

The thread which Cazz has linked you too is full of really useful info, and pretty much everything you need to consider before getting pierced. I definitely recommend having a read through.

As for the piercings themselves, they can take a loooong time to heal, but once they have healed they can be played with normally. But when I say a long time, I've had mine pierced for around 8 years now and they still go 'crusty' (for want of a better word!) every now and then - expecially if I catch them on clothing.

Having said this they feel absolutely fine and the piercings have made my nipples generally more sensitive to touch. I haven't tried any heavy nipple play eg: clamps, hard pinching or nipple suckers, however I also don't feel the need 'to be gentle' with them. The only thing which can be a consideration is if you decide to stick to a straight bar after they've healed. Side swooping hand gestures (left to right, right to left) across your boobs from your partner can catch the side of the jewellery and pull a little. It makes me a bit nervous sometimes, but as long as your partner understands which movements feel nice and which ones don'y, you'll be fine :)

The accidental catching is why I took mine out. Looking back I went through the pain but then gave them up because what "might" happen. Wish I hadn't but not so much I would do it again (as they are still sensitive and I just use clamps when I want the pleasure or pain).

Just be warned: do not get them pierced too "deeply", only the teeny potruding part in the centre of your nipple should be penetrated by the bar.

Also, make sure (like many piercings) that they are not pierced with anything above a 16 gauge. Do not use anything besides sea salt warm saline soaks (lots of info online on how to do so) and do this once or twice a day.

And be prepared that they could take a very long time to heal completely. And for some people their nipples can gain/lose a little sensitivity after getting nipple piercings.

Last but not least, if they get infected do not remove them as this can trap the infection inside the fistula (the piercing hole) and this can travel inside the body. If they get infected go to your doctor immediately, they can give you antibiotics and then if you so wish you can have the piercings removed after your course has finished.

In doubt always ask your piercer and GP.

Sorry if any of this was patronising, this is just some info I wish I had been fully informed on before getting mine done. I'm sure they'll look awesome, best wishes.

Cowboy81 wrote:

The accidental catching is why I took mine out. Looking back I went through the pain but then gave them up because what "might" happen. Wish I hadn't but not so much I would do it again (as they are still sensitive and I just use clamps when I want the pleasure or pain).

That may have been a wise choice, nipple piercings have been known to rip out, but usually thats just down to improper jewellery or clumsiness.

Well, I already have 10 piercings, I know how to care for them. At one point I also had three microdermals, which most people are prone to getting caught and ripping out. I only have my cleavage one left but I got the other two taken out out of choice, I didn't rip them out.
My piercer is my friend and also fully trained and qualified and she's done many, many nipples and genitalia. She even has special jewellery she makes herself for her own piercings and said she'd make them for me too, as she, like me, has severe eczema so we're prone to reactions from body jewellery

Well then you're a lot more considerate towards your piercings than most people I know. Sorry if I sounded at all patronising, it wasn't intended.

And I may be doing it again, but I also have excema and was overjoyed when I was introduced to implant grade titanium. But you've probably heard all this before. Just for my own sake, do you happen to know what material she uses that doesn't affect your skin? Sounds intriguing! Thanks :)

I think it'd be nice :D Sexy too!

What do you think to men having their nipples pierced? I fancy it but like others dont want to lose sensation as I love my nipples licked and chewed, clamped

Ethíri wrote:

Just be warned: do not get them pierced too "deeply", only the teeny potruding part in the centre of your nipple should be penetrated by the bar.

Also, make sure (like many piercings) that they are not pierced with anything above a 16 gauge. Do not use anything besides sea salt warm saline soaks (lots of info online on how to do so) and do this once or twice a day.

And be prepared that they could take a very long time to heal completely. And for some people their nipples can gain/lose a little sensitivity after getting nipple piercings.

Last but not least, if they get infected do not remove them as this can trap the infection inside the fistula (the piercing hole) and this can travel inside the body. If they get infected go to your doctor immediately, they can give you antibiotics and then if you so wish you can have the piercings removed after your course has finished.

In doubt always ask your piercer and GP.

Sorry if any of this was patronising, this is just some info I wish I had been fully informed on before getting mine done. I'm sure they'll look awesome, best wishes.

Ah yes - well mentioned Ethiri. Definitely take note on the advice about infection. Never remove an infected piercing or you will trap the infection :(

Although one thing I will mention, you shouldn't pierce nipples with a 16g (in the UK this is a 1.2mm bar) because it's too thin. If you catch this sort of bar it will rip, nastilly - think cheese-wire! OUCH!

Nipples should be pierced with a 14g bar (UK 1.6mm), the same as you would use in the tongue, and navel.

Ethíri wrote:

Well then you're a lot more considerate towards your piercings than most people I know. Sorry if I sounded at all patronising, it wasn't intended.

And I may be doing it again, but I also have excema and was overjoyed when I was introduced to implant grade titanium. But you've probably heard all this before. Just for my own sake, do you happen to know what material she uses that doesn't affect your skin? Sounds intriguing! Thanks :)

The material sounds to me like PTFE or bioplast. Effrectively it's Teflon (the same non-stick stuff they use on frying pans!) so it doesn't stick or pull on your piercing. It's hypoalergenic, completely autoclavable and can be cut and moulded into any shape to suit your piercing. It's pretty amazing stuff. It also means that when your swelling goes down you don't need to change the bar, just cut it down and re-thread the ends for the balls, and this minimises trauma in the final stages of healing.

I had the back of my neck pierced with PTFE and not only has it lasted 7 years (and still going strong) but I still wear the same bar from the day it was pierced.

MidsMikey wrote:

I had my nipple pierced and I loved it, it really made my nipple sensitive, I only had the one done, sadly I had to take it out after around 18 months, no other reason other than simply the idiots that I work with, they used to find it hilouriouse to grab hold of my nipple and twist it, ( something I can't imagine happening to a lady other than softly during play) it was the last straw when I pinned the most frequent offender up against a wall and nearly lost my job over it that I decided enough was enough, thankfully he did admit to the manager that he had been told on numourous occasions not to but didn't realise the pain involved, other than that I loved it and love piercings, I find them really sexy, I wish I still had mine done

OUCH! Sounds painful!

I think I'd be tempted to do a lot worse than pin someone against a wall if they persistently did that to me - how annoying and ouchy!