Normal lube VS anal lube - what's the difference?

I’ve used anal toys for about a year now with my usual trusty liquid silk water based lube. I’ve been told that anal lube and normal lube are basically the same thing but is it true? I’ve never used any but I want to in my next order from LH. What is your experience with anal lube and would you recommend it? What anal lube would you recommend?

3 Likes

We only use “fisting lube” for everything comes in 1L tubs

1 Like

Hi @sharbur
I used to buy the liquid silk and it worked well for vaginal use with toys, but then needed something more longer lasting for anal use.
I bought the “fisting lube” as mentioned by @Quiet_ones_are_worse and that worked well. The only thing is, it is in big tubs with the picture of a fist (well mine was back then) with words “Fisting Lube” on the front…Not very discreet, which I needed to be with my boys still living at home! :grin:

I now have LH Discover which if I remember, is marketed for anal use. I like it and it works well with my plugs x

2 Likes

Anal lube is thicker and lasts longer before drying out. Its mixed for anal as the anus isnt self lubricating.
I like sliquid sassy (waterbased) and sliquid silk (hybrid) for anal. But depending what your toys are made from silicone and oil based lubes can also be good options as they last longer.

3 Likes

Decant into a smaller tub so the main doesnt get contaminated thats what we do

2 Likes

I did do that and put it into pump action bottles, which worked pretty well, but sometimes a void would form in the gel and I had to give it a bit of a shake.
The Discover lube is good, but is in a smaller quantity.

2 Likes

We like these two for anal play :slight_smile: Since the silk one is a silicone/water blend, we use the gel one instead if using a silicone toy. If you haven’t seen it already, there is a LH Lube Guide that talks about the different types of lubes :+1:

The Sliquid Organics Natural Gel lube says this on the product page:

• Thick formulation is extra-cushioning for both vaginal and anal play

https://www.lovehoney.com/sex/lubricants/organic-lubricants/p/sliquid-organics-natural-silk-lubricant-2.0-fl-oz/72558.html

https://www.lovehoney.com/sex/lubricants/organic-lubricants/p/sliquid-organics-natural-gel-lubricant-2.0-fl-oz/72555.html

4 Likes

I replied to another thread with this same topic here comparing two of the LH lubes (discover and enjoy) and they have the same ingredients, the viscosity is just modified for the most part (thicker for anal lube) :+1:

3 Likes

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/lubricants/anal-lubes/p/lovehoney-discover-water-based-anal-lubricant-500ml/73223.html

We love this lube. Comes in a half litre 500ml pump action and is easy to use and works well and isn’t very expensive at all. Buy two and get second half priceat the moment… Anal lube is just a bit thicker and longer lasting like other comments. Enjoy.

We use LH Discover (anal lube) for everything. Works well for vaginal and anal penetration, mastursbation sleeves and butt plugs. Easy to clean up too.

1 Like

I’ve only ever used LH water-based anal lube or backdoor lube

1 Like

Anal. Lube lots better LH anal lube with the pump action is all we need. No irritation or anything.

We use Pjur Analyse me lube for our anal escapades and its fantastic; it lasts longer than I do inside the wife.
Its so slippery and the relaxing properties work a treat for the wife, allowing her to relax enough for me top pop on in, happy days!
Its greatest strength however is also its greatest weakness, it lasts ages which also means its a devil to clean up after all the fun. Also it seems to get everywhere, I never realised my hands touch so much during sex.
We get around this little issue by using a pvc sheet and have a pack of wet wipes at the ready. Yes preparation is key here!
Also the other downside to silicon based lubes is they are not recommended for use on conventional silicon sex toys so glass and metal toys are your best friends here.
Hope this helps.
CF x

2 Likes

Sounds like the same I have too :grin: