Numb clit after vibrator use!

I’ve been using vibrators regularly for about 6 weeks; the last week or so I’ve been using particularly powerful vibrators and the last four nights I’ve had quite lengthy sessions with a couple of different types.
Last night I used one for about 45 minutes and today my clit feels quite numb with hardly any sensation there at all; I’m now very worried I’ve done some lasting damage to the nerves in my clit and sensation won’t return!

It may be that my clit is just temporarily traumatised, which I’m hoping is the just the case.
Has anyone else here had this happen to them?

3 Likes

It’s unlikely to be permanent. :slightly_smiling_face: But it is easy to get carried away and overdo it (just like anything else really).

I think the more you use different types of toys, the more you recognise when you’re maybe going to be paying for it later. :slightly_smiling_face: The frequency of the toy can be crucial to some, so anything too buzzy/high frequency can have quite a numbing effect (and that can last for a while depending how long you used the toy for). Strength is another, so a mains-powered wand can numb Mrs Chimp out pretty quick.

But everything should sort itself out if you ease off for a few days. :+1:

2 Likes

Don’t stress! After a rather heavy play session with powerful vibrators I always lose some sensation in my clit. I haven’t had it extend to the following day but it sounds like you’ve been putting your clit through the works so it may just need a lil bit of recovery time. When playing with partners I always keep my strongest vibe for the end of a session because if we break it out too early I can lose sensation and then the likelihood of climaxing drops to about 0%. I’m sure you’ll be feeling back to normal in no time at all!

3 Likes

For short periods of time, yes. Mine usually only lasts for about an hour or so after but I don’t use strong vibrations. I find using more rumbly toys helps prevent the numbness so it might be worth looking into getting something with deeper, lower frequency vibrations if you have more buzzy, high frequency toys.

2 Likes

Yep I’ve experienced this after using a very powerful toy such as a wand.

It’ll most likely be temporary, mine recovers after a couple of hours.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info and reassurance Ian_Chimp; I’ll be leaving the toys alone for a few days and go back to using my fingers :slight_smile:

Thanks for reassuring me nieve; I have been giving my clit quite a hammering!
I like your idea of keeping your strongest vibe for the end of a session - I’ll try that myself.

Thanks @Kitty-Cat01 I think I’ll stick to rumbly rather than buzzy toys for a while!

Thanks @wildflower, I think it was the wand which did the dirty deed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My wife is exactly the same.
I bought a Doxy #3, and gosh, she does love it… but after 2mns she’s buzzed out and game over for her.
Perversely, it’s been so powerful that it’s never made her come.

Best give it a few days rest from toys to see if sensation returns but if no change then consider seeing a doctor for advice

1 Like

maybe trying some soft touch toys might be helpful - like this

2 Likes

We both love that range of toys.