OH! points

Hi all I was just checking how many OH! points I have currently and was wondering what you guys do with yours? Do you try and build up as many as possible to get something you've been longing for for free/ cheaper or do you tend to spend them as soon as you can?

I've got about £8 worth now and am trying to hold out until I've got lots more before I spend them but there's so much great stuff on here I keep getting tempted to spend them now!

At the moment I am keeping the points but don't know yet how high I will let them get till I do use them.

I did spend a few of my points on my first or second order but now I'm trying to save them. I'm hoping to use them on some lingerie that is currently a bit over my budget.

I think if you hadn't used them in a year you lose them

I just use them as and when. If there was something really expensive I desperately wanted I might save them but just knock a few pence off with them at rhe moment

mamz wrote:

Oh really? Didn't realise that I better make sure I don't lose them!

JJLWB wrote:

mamz wrote:

Yup, if you go to this page: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-reward-scheme-terms-and-conditions/ you'll read

All points credited to your account can be used up to 12 months after the most recent points activity (which means earning or redeeming Oh! Points). If there is no points activity on your account for 12 months, your Oh! Points will be deleted from your account, meaning that you can no longer redeem them against any Lovehoney orders.

First time I red it I did not understand that it includes gaining points too, which would imply that you have not bought anything for a year, and I don't think this is gonna happen to any of us since we're all addicted here :P

mamz wrote:

JJLWB wrote:

mamz wrote:

Yup, if you go to this page: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-reward-scheme-terms-and-conditions/ you'll read

All points credited to your account can be used up to 12 months after the most recent points activity (which means earning or redeeming Oh! Points). If there is no points activity on your account for 12 months, your Oh! Points will be deleted from your account, meaning that you can no longer redeem them against any Lovehoney orders.

First time I red it I did not understand that it includes gaining points too, which would imply that you have not bought anything for a year, and I don't think this is gonna happen to any of us since we're all addicted here :P

My understanding it, that I can still be accumulating them for 2 to 3 years as long as I buy something in the meantime and earn new points. So it does not mean you have 12 months to use them, or you lose them.

Laveila wrote:

mamz wrote:

JJLWB wrote:

mamz wrote:

My understanding it, that I can still be accumulating them for 2 to 3 years as long as I buy something in the meantime and earn new points. So it does not mean you have 12 months to use them, or you lose them.

As I said in my last paragraph, I though it only applied to spending them but when I rered it I understood that it also applied to buying so earning new ones.

Another question: Yesterday I actually read LH's message regarding OH! points, and it said "we can apply a maximum discount of £ 2.50" (I was paying per PayPal, if that makes a difference). But I remember people here saying they had bought the toy with OH! points, or at least considerably reduced the price - how does that work?

I only had enough points for a £ 1.50 discount anyway, because I always spend the points as soon as I can - I figure it doesn't make a difference in the long run. And who knows when they'll change the program...

Question:

At what point do you lose your OH points?

Is it if you haven't bought anything in 12 months (paid in full with your own cash, using none of your oh points) or if you haven't spent any OH points in the last 12 months?

When there wasn't any Oh! point transactions in a year (so buying anything = earning, or spending it on anything). At least, this is what I understand of the statement

Talia wrote:

Another question: Yesterday I actually read LH's message regarding OH! points, and it said "we can apply a maximum discount of £ 2.50" (I was paying per PayPal, if that makes a difference). But I remember people here saying they had bought the toy with OH! points, or at least considerably reduced the price - how does that work?

I only had enough points for a £ 1.50 discount anyway, because I always spend the points as soon as I can - I figure it doesn't make a difference in the long run. And who knows when they'll change the program...

From my understanding you can spend as many as you want. It's that the minimum they can charge to a card is £2.50 and the minimum number of points you can spend is 250. So if you collect up enough you can knock a nice chunk off a more expensive item. I'm hoping to do this with the beyonce leather and lace corset... It's gorgeous!

I just apply them as soon as I have them for a dollar or two off at a time.

popk1n wrote:

Question:

Is it if you haven't bought anything in 12 months (paid in full with your own cash, using none of your oh points) or if you haven't spent any OH points in the last 12 months?

The details I have on this is if there is no account activity in 12 months they expire , I will get it clarified what the 'activity' part covers :) 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

popk1n wrote:

Question:

The details I have on this is if there is no account activity in 12 months they expire , I will get it clarified what the 'activity' part covers :)

okaydokay :)

was just wondering because I can't remember how long its been since I spent oh points, so I don't want to one day log on and find they're all gone.

However, I do know when the last time I ordered in general was, so hopefully it's if you havent bought anything in 12 months with cash.

New to buying from LH although did register ages ago, but so far loving all the items I have bought, but how do you know how much your OH points are worth? For example, when you open a new account it says you get 500 points but how much of a discount are these points worth?

Sorry if this is shown somewhere, I have looked but just cant find it.

Deeday67 wrote:

New to buying from LH although did register ages ago, but so far loving all the items I have bought, but how do you know how much your OH points are worth? For example, when you open a new account it says you get 500 points but how much of a discount are these points worth?

Hey Deeday67

Welcome to the forum! 

You can find information about Oh! Points here and here.

I hope that helps! 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Deeday67 wrote:

New to buying from LH although did register ages ago, but so far loving all the items I have bought, but how do you know how much your OH points are worth? For example, when you open a new account it says you get 500 points but how much of a discount are these points worth?

Hey Deeday67

Welcome to the forum!

You can find information about Oh! Points http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-loyalty-scheme/ and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/loyalty-scheme-faq/.

I hope that helps!

Hi Jess, thanks for the speedy response and I had read the two links but was trying to work out if for example, I had 1000 points, how much of a discount are they worth?

Deeday67 wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Deeday67 wrote:

New to buying from LH although did register ages ago, but so far loving all the items I have bought, but how do you know how much your OH points are worth? For example, when you open a new account it says you get 500 points but how much of a discount are these points worth?

Hey Deeday67

Welcome to the forum!

You can find information about Oh! Points http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/lovehoney-loyalty-scheme/ and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/loyalty-scheme-faq/.

I hope that helps!

Hi Jess, thanks for the speedy response and I had read the two links but was trying to work out if for example, I had 1000 points, how much of a discount are they worth?

Aha - gotcha! Well technically, Oh! Points have no "monetary value", but 1000 Oh! Points is the equivalent £2 :)