Oil based lubricants

I have looked on the Lovehoney Forum search for an answer to this question but I’m wondering if anything’s changed since the last time it was asked. Basically I’m interested in trying an oil based lube as an alternative to the normal waterbased one I use.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I’ve heard coconut oil suggested or baby oil but are these suitable for anal use, specifically with silicone or plastic toys?

The thing with oil is it’s not compatible with condoms and for me it gives me thrush, though this may not be applicable to you. There is this Lube you could try? Its oil based.
Have you tried a hybrid or silicone lube, but silicone cant be used on silicone toys.

Thanks for the suggestion - I’ll have a look at that - also noticed the Yes OB one as well

1 Like

If you’re looking for an anal lubricant then I would suggest that you stick with water based products. The LH Discover is very good but you could go even thicker with a fisting lube. Coconut oil and baby oil (which I think is mineral based) are too thin to work as anal lubricants.

The Yes OB one is lovely but i would steer clear of oils if you are at all susceptible to thrush as they can disrupt the delicate balance of pH, bacteria etc. For most people they will be fine but they caused problems for me too. Shame because they feel so much nicer!

I just got a tub of Boy Butter (which does not seem to be available at LH, unfortunately ) specifically for anal use with silicone toys and gave it a little try the other day. It was nice and slick but not as “cushy” as the LH Discovery gel. I’ll need to play with it a bit more to get a better feel for it overall, but once I do I can report back.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I settled for trying the Yes OB on the toy in combination with Lubido water-based anal lube applied by inserted applicator. I’m male so wouldn’t have the problems that some of the women have had using it for vaginal purposes but will stop the OH from using it for those reasons. I brought the Liquid Silk as well so that she could try that instead.

This combination seem to work well, for extra slipperiness and long lasting effect unlike just using the wb lube which seems to evaporate after a short while. The Yes OB did seem ‘gritty’ at first but they disappear pretty quickly.

Did order some Fisting butter but returned without opening it when reading about its similarity to vaseline which isn’t to my memory that slippery and having to activate it with warm water sounds an extra hassle unless I’m reading it wrong and someone can correct me on that.

1 Like

@ScorpioDaddy - :wave: what was the verdict?

@Roadie I sadly haven’t had too much time to play, so no real update. I will say that one reason I wanted an oil based lube was for shower play, but Boy Butter actually washes off quite easily with water, which is a con for shower play but a pro for easy clean up elsewhere. I will report back once I have a more substantial update.

Ok, so I recently had a session out of the shower with it. I had started with a water based anal lube and, per usual, it started to dry out too soon for my liking. So I switched over to the Boy Butter, and it definitely lasted much longer. The consistency is very creamy, almost like a lotion, but not runny. It felt like it lasted much longer than the water based stuff, and while it does clean up easily with water, it doesn’t just wash off right away. I also liked that it seemed to have a sort of conditioning effect, leaving my skin feeling smooth and hydrated down there, if that makes sense. It wasn’t super slick, but it did have a decent glide but in my opinion it wasn’t as cushiony as the water based.

Hope that helps!

Honestly last week when I needed, just took my olive oil for cooking…
Done the job tho :wink: don’t look for perfect lub just find perfect moment then nothing matters lurpak will do ur day :wink:

1 Like

I know what you mean in your search. I like silicone generally or hybrid but no good for some toys.
I had good results with Argan oil. Go for an unscented one as some essential oils can irritate.
I’ve also got a litre of almond oil I’ve yet to open.

1 Like