old toys and new partners?

so i resently split with my long term partner and being rather kinky have a large collection of whips and chain restraints amongst other things, which are on the expencive side!

having had to buy new toys with this partner i wondered how acceptable you lot think it is to recycle our sex toys in your next relationships is there a line to be drawn and where! because i can see my sexual habits and going to cost me a fortune!!

I think restraints and bondage items are okay to use with another person as long as they're cleaned first, I just wouldn't recommend using any toys you've used with another person. If they're toys that have only been used on you then that will be probably be fine for a new partner to also use just on you. :)

Yep, I see your problem here...

If it was me the new love interest, I would MAYBE accept using said (previously used) restraints and MAYBE even floggers/whips/paddles, depending on how much reassurance I would get by inspecting AND cleaning them myself and inquiring in detail about your & your previous partner’s habits. Please note, I am a hygiene freak, but I try to be reasonable too in my actions. So if I’d find you (and your previous partner) to be squeaky clean people, healthy too, I MIGHT accept stuff that DON’T GO INSIDE ANY ORIFICE to be used with/on me.

As you might have gotten from my uppercase letters, all of this is just a huge MAYBE… I would probably have bigger issues with “insertable” toys and any unsafe material (so anything other than glass, metal, ceramic which can be easily sterilised) – in this particular case including silicone and ABS in the "unsafe" category – would have to be substituted.

I wouldn't want to use anything internally that had been used by a partners ex. I'd also be buyin new bottles of lube etc, as for whips etc, if they are cleaned and disinfected then I should think that's fine but respect their own wishes.

The thing is people seem to overlook the fact that whips and floggers and other “tools”, depending on how one incorporates them into their playing, might have saliva and ALL other body fluids on them too. Blood included. And then I ask you: is it easier to clean and sterilise a glass dildo to reuse safely with someone else or a faux leather flogger with satin handle? So the question is not that black and white. Some items might seem harmless because of what one might assume they were “only” used for, but the difficulty of cleaning them makes them less safe than other items that would actually go inside you but can do so because of how easy it would be to sanitise. Let’s not forget, doctors’ tools (including GYNs’) are sanitised too after using them on patients, not thrown out. So it’s all a matter of material/use/hygiene really.

I think I would get new as I don't think I would want to have things previously used on someone else used on me , if you have only used them personally and not on ex partner then that's different x

interesting, i know no one would really re-use an insertable! I thought as much, i guess its down to the individual though, has this happen to any of you as of yet?

do your new male partners have any concerns issues from your insertablesor toy colletion from previous relationships? because i think its slightly different from a guys perspective?

Anything used with an old partner would be going in the bin for me

I wouldn't want anything used on me that has been used on old partner and I wouldn't want to use something I have used on an old partner on a new one either

What is considered an acceptable risk will differ for different people. Personally I've used things like dildos that have been used on other people, I just make sure they've been thoroughly cleaned and then use a condom on them. There are risks with things like HIV and hepatitis A, B and C but those viruses can't survive outside the body that long (we are talking days to months for viral hepatitis) so if it's been a few months since things that are hard to clean have been used on other people there is pretty much no risk.

I do prefer to use my own stuff if possible but there are things I don't have so it's clean it and cover it with a condom or don't use it. I do have impact toys and occasionally gags, chains, faux leather restraints and rope used on me that have been used on other people. For me that's an acceptable risk but if it wasn't, I'd buy my own. I certainly wouldn't expect a new partner to pay for it. I have a fairly decent collection now so very little is shared with other people but in the past I pretty much only used stuff that belonged to partners.

My opinion comes from an analysis of risk but I guess for some people the idea something has been used by someone else icks them out, in which case I think they should start their own toybox.

I'd be ok with restraints, whips, floggers and paddles, as long as they were in good condition. Not gags or insertable toys unless they were glass.

When I move partners I keep:
Glass and steel insertables (sterilized)
Restraints, clamps (cleaned)
Impact toys (if I know no blood has been drawn, and cleaned)

Toss (or let go with partner if departing on good terms):
Gags
Non-sterlizable insertables
Anything that has drawn blood that cannot be full on sterilized

SvenTS wrote:

When I move partners I keep:
Glass and steel insertables (sterilized)
Restraints, clamps (cleaned)
Impact toys (if I know no blood has been drawn, and cleaned)

Toss (or let go with partner if departing on good terms):
Gags
Non-sterlizable insertables
Anything that has drawn blood that cannot be full on sterilized

![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif) I'd be happy with this

I would clean the bondage gear, sterilise any gags.

Anything glass or metal (but plugs or dildos) sterilise.

Any other toys I would chuck. If you have good quality silicon toys you could sterilise them but I'm not sure I would keep these.

It could be fun shopping for new toys with your new partner.