Older models?

I’ve already volunteered to be a lingerie model
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Well @Melody1 i don’t see why we can’t have mature models of any gender modeling lingerie!

5 Likes

I would love to see this.
However, I suspect the company’s business model will advise otherwise - it might not be mainstream enough for the general public?
I would just think ‘so what?’, but I suppose companies do have to appeal to their customer base.
A bit of ‘nudging’ that customer base might work?

2 Likes

Well, looking at the microcosm of people who post pics in the gallery, i think we have a pretty broad base of people, reflecting the wider population. So fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I really hope Lovehoney start to ask those of us who post pics if they can use them on the main sales site :+1:

3 Likes

@MsR me too!

1 Like

yes they used to do model of the month and review of the month :slightly_smiling_face:

They still do Review of the Month. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
@Melody1 won August’s £100 prize. :tada::balloon::tickets:

10 Likes

I remember this and I absolutely loved it, was gutted when I noticed they removed the feature (although I do understand as some people may be tempted to post things other than lingerie :joy:). But especially as someone with rather an odd shape that only suits a few styles, it’s both useful seeing that something will or won’t work for my body shape and discovering new lingerie styles that I would have never thought that would suit me!

Also I think there’s generally a little bit more ‘trust’ that people’s photos will be less edited and more authentic than a photo that is made by a company. Although dog filters and flower crowns would probably feature an awful lot more these days than back then, as well as editing apps being more accessible today.

2 Likes

There’s still the Uploaded Photos 2020 topic in Your Photos. It’s not strictly for just LH Lingerie, but you get plenty of examples anyway. :+1:

1 Like

Now if LH could just expand its male line of thongs and cock sock and underwear . As it stands there is not a whole lot of selection for those of of born with a penis . Maybe offer hydrangea leafs ?

1 Like

Yes this. Seems like it would be a great step to fit with Lovehoneys ethos :heart:

6 Likes

@Ian_Chimp ooohhhh thank you so much for telling me… Going to have a look now! :blush:

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face: 271 posts already, and it’s only been going less than 2 months, so I’m sure there’ll be even more as time goes on. :+1:

You’d be a bloody good one. Seriously.

Couldn’t agree more. :+1:

Several months back I sent an email to LH asking why genderless products (like bondage restraints etc.) were ALWAYS modelled by females, as if submissive men don’t exist, and asking if they might occasionally depict same-sex couples in their promo pics - which would better represent the diversity of their actual customer base. The reply I got completely ignored the point I was making and side-stepped the issue. I was, to say the least, disheartened. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Am I the only one that wants to read it? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve just been to look for my original email and their reply, but they’re nowhere to be found in my email folders. :confused: I was so angry at the time that I must’ve deleted them both! Their dismissive reply is the main reason why I haven’t ordered anything from LH since November last year. I was so furious, I’ve only just calmed down!

The gist of their reply was that there are over 50 different gender identities in the world and that it would be “impossible for Lovehoney’s marketing images to represent them all”. This is utter hogwash of course, because the vast majority of genderqueer/fluid/non-binary identities are not visually identifiable anyway: you have to ask a person what their gender is! :roll_eyes:

Sorry. I sound shouty and bitter, don’t I. I’d just - once in a while - like to see an image of, say, a physically male person modelling a restraint harness, or a same-sex couple looking loved-up over a vibrator. Instead, the only place on the website where queer people get a mention is in a sub-section of the bit devoted to “Better sex at university”. It’s a damn good little bit of the site, full of sound, accurate information, but it doesn’t half feel like a ghetto.

4 Likes

The poll is now closed. Thanks for voting. :+1:

@Lovehoney_Brenna has said she’ll pass the feedback on to the relevant team. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Damn it. I missed the vote however if I may add my two cents worth. I would love to see some older models showing the lingerie.

I read somewhere in a post above how the younger generation are “agest” these days. Im 50 but im not old, I can still act like a big kid sometimes, so the inference that im old is offensive to say the least.

steps off soap box

3 Likes

My husband and I were talking about this recently. I’m sure there is a pretty large market of more mature individuals out there for everything Lovehoney sells. It would be a huge selling point to see more “people like me” demonstrating them. Plus it can show that these styles will complement those “of a certain age.”

2 Likes