OnlyFans Content Creators Question

So… As some of you will know Mrs V and I recently started a sex blog, it’s been going really well and we’ve been enjoying posting content.

We recently became involved in the blogging meme Sinful Sunday (An erotic image blog post). Which is a wonderful thing but it got us thinking about making money.

Now… We do a lot of perverted stuff to one another. Hence why we always have something to write about, and we’re now considering creating an OnlyFans where we can post some specific fetish related content.

I have some questions for anyone here that is an OF creator and would be super grateful if you would be willing to share any insights you might have.

• We are not a catalog model couple. We’re just normal people. We don’t have curves in all the right places, nor do I have a superhuman length member. Does that affect anything?

• Do you keep you anonymity? Are masks acceptable to do this? Does it affect your earning if you want to stay anon?

• How are you finding building a following? Is it’s crazy hard or not too bad?

• How much content do you need to produce to keep an income coming in?

Sorry for all the questions but this seems a good time to reach into the LH hive mind as we are seriously considering doing this.

1 Like

My OF isn’t currently active but my two cents on it:

Not really. Attractiveness is subjective and if your content is great then it won’t make a huge difference. You might not get the same numbers as some twenty something model but that doesn’t mean you can’t do well on it.

Personally I don’t but that’s because I don’t need to. However, staying anonymous is fine. Some people do like to see faces etc but it isn’t a must for everyone. Maybe search some creators of the type of thing you are likely to post and see what they do. (Unsolicited advice - don’t forget you can be recognised for things other than your face; scars, tattoos, distinctive features as well as backgrounds etc can all identify you)

Honestly, probably why I’m dabbling more than doing this seriously because I’m rubbish at self promotion. It’s definitely doable but you need to promote it off site (which you can do with your blog). Just joining OF and uploading content won’t be enough, regardless of how awesome your stuff is, if you are looking to seriously make money.

That depends on how you intend to charge people for your content. If you charge for a subscription then you are going to need to put out content in line with your pricing; would you pay £5 per month for 1 picture per month, for example? If you use a free subscription and rely on tips, then quality over quantity because you’ll need to make people want to pay you for something that is free.

Bit more unsolicited advice. I know a lot of people who rely on content for their income (not just through OF). Depending on what you want to do, it can be worth bulk making some content and using it slowly over time. So, for example, book a hotel or dungeon or something for the day/night and use it to make as much content as possible. This means you’ll have a bulk store of pre made content for when life gets hectic. You can still make content as and when you fancy it and post it whenever you want, but you also have the safety net of knowing you have pre made options. It also will give you a good idea of how much having to make content with impact on the fun you are having as there is a difference between taking photos/videos and uploading for fun and having to take them as you’ve run out of content and haven’t posted in two weeks and you’ve lost 20% of your subscribers already

8 Likes

This is exactly the type of information I was looking for!

Thanks so much for the detailed response.

We’re going to have another chat about this tonight as well, and maybe just produce a video or two and see what it’s like before going ahead with creating an account and posting. That way we’ll at least have some pre-made content before to post straight off the bat if we decide to go ahead with it.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not into posting content, (i doubt no one wants to see my old worn out body) One or two have mentioned Fansly as an alternative to OnlyFans so might be somewhere else to consider. Good luck @MyDeviantVirtue

1 Like

Don’t knock yourself @steve19

Bet there is…

2 Likes

Thanks @CurvyJilly
it’s a worn out body struggling at times with pain /mobility but the brain still thinks its 21. I have great ideas/plans but then the body says who are you kidding!!

Aches and pains, I can relate to you on that.

2 Likes

I’m only new myself except I’m on Fansly, so I’m not sure if I can offer much wisdom.

If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place. There’ll be something to suit everyone so I wouldn’t stress if you don’t resemble the “insta model” look.

I’m faceless and just crop it out or cover up with a mask/paint. I’ve definitely seen such creators do well without showing their face. Some people like the mystery :performing_arts: However, I’ve heard their numbers would jump if they did start showing their face. It all depends on what you’re comfortable with and the possible fallout if you were outed.

As @Calie said, you can still be recognised even if you don’t show your face. I remember one person said they we’re found out by their jewellery! I remove any features like tattoos, moles, birthmarks, etc before anything gets uploaded.

Of course using the same photos or profile pics on other social media would make it easier to link them, too.

You already have a blog so that’s a good headstart. Haven’t started actively promoting yet myself, though.

Nowhere near this level yet, so I wouldn’t know :sweat_smile: I guess it depends on what you put into to it? I try to post something at least once per week. Definitely try to be on top on them rather than behind so you’re not scrambling to make new content to a deadline type of thing. It’s not only about that as some people will want more engagement like chatting to them. Almost like a boyfriend/girlfriend experience.

Best of luck!

1 Like

I also agree that beauty is subjective to the individual which is why so many do OF now. More people tend to like amateur stuff as it’s a realistic visual to relate to.

Yes some people do wear masks or not show face on their account which again many can find a turn on with the mystery, so I shouldn’t think that will effect earnings at all.

This is the main part what many don’t consider when setting up an account. Depending on how much your aiming to earn, it can turn out to be like a full time job with a good understanding of social media, and it’s more effective if you’ve already got some kind of fanbase built before setting up an OF account.

Twitter will be one the best avenues to target to promote your stuff on and Instagram will be a place where you can try convert fans over to Twitter to then head on to subscribing to your OF.

Content wise you’d be expected to post something at least every 1-2 weeks so it’s a steady stream to get people checking back regularly knowing your frequently active on your account.

Hope some of this helps :nerd_face:

All really good feedback, thanks so much to everyone for this.

Mrs V and I are looking at everything you’ve said and are discussing whether or not we can realistically do this.

I’ll let you all know what we end up deciding, but I’m loving the feedback so if anyone has any other to add as well then I’d really like to hear it.

It’s good to tap into the hive mind every now and again. :heart_eyes:

Hi

I have set up only fans page as a male I am finding it very hard to get any fans to pay for any content all I seem to be getting is women trying to sell me Content how do I get more fans and promote my page I don’t want to use my twitter or Instagram as want to remain anonymous for now

1 Like

Not really. What matters is good content, be creative with it. No matter your body type, size, shape or age there will always be someone who enjoys the content you provide.

My OF is no longer active but when i used it i would wear different types of masks and different coloured wigs to hide who i was. My hubby is good at photo editing so he would edit out any scars or birthmarks etc. Having my face hidden never affected my earnings, if anything it made my content more appealing because most people liked the mystery of who was behind the mask.

You could promote through your own blog as that is always a great idea. Building a twitter following to promote it can also be a good idea and it builds fast too, or at least it did for me.

As said above i would bulk make your content and use little and often.

It can take some time to build especially if your starting with no following so don’t be put off if it seems followers are coming to you slowly.

Beware of time wasters. Yes it happens a lot when being on OnlyFans.

Don’t be afraid to get creative with the content you offer. Why be the same as everyone else when your own thoughts and ideas are unique.

Know your limits and don’t be afraid to stick to them.

And lastly good luck with it all :blush:

1 Like