OnlyFans to Ban Adult Material

Edit: I’ll pop the BBC one in too:

I’ve just seen this in the papers. Not sure how it will effect people on here? Does anyone use OnlyFans? (as a creator or a user)

7 Likes

To show my inteligence, what is OnlyFans. I’m not up with the youngsters.

5 Likes

@Ian_Chimp From what I read it’s only extreme sexual material. There’s a bit in the terms and condition which break it down

1 Like

I have considered setting one up as I do enjoy showing off and some extra cash would be useful but looks like I might need to look in to it more now and maybe try other sites.

3 Likes

A website uses can post content such as pictures and videos for their subscribers and followers with a premium rate. Often used for nude pictures but also art and music and other content. Mostly tits though.

3 Likes

I didn’t realise there was a non sexual content side to OF

10 Likes

I have had a lot of requests to start an OnlyFans page but frankly I couldn’t be arsed with it :slightly_smiling_face:

On reading the article it looks like they will still allow some nudity but anything classed as " adult material" will be banned.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. I really do need to get into tech, I can just about manage facebook.

Tee hee! Maybe it should simply accept reality and change its name to MostlyTits :laughing:

9 Likes

Or we should cash in and start it up now!

3 Likes

I’d sign up as a creator. @AFudge

I’ve had a rummage, but I can’t seem to find exactly what is allowed now that won’t be come October 1st? Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

I read an article earlier this month that made it sound as if they were quite hot on this already, but maybe that was just for sex workers advertising on there?

1 Like

I have an OnlyFans and use it as a creator. I don’t rely on it for income however it provides me pocket money and it pays a few bills each month. I feel for the creators whose livelihoods it is (there’s a lot…) and gutted to see yet more erasure of sex and sex work from online spaces :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

@Ian_Chimp I almost edited the title of this thread to be “OnlyFans ensures it will cease to exist in a decade” :rofl: :boom: :joy:

3 Likes

I completely echo @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x’s reply. I have an only fans account and use it as a creater to publish my own material. I have subscribers and quite a bit of payed content but this is far from my sole income - it just helps pay for dildos and wine :eggplant::wine_glass:

Either way, I’d be ok if my account was shut down completely, but I know a lot of my friends, girls and guys, rely on this platform for all of their income. It would be devastating for many.

10 Likes

Can I say the sentence “it just helps pay for dildos and wine” is one of the funniest things I’ve read this week :joy: :joy::joy:

Cheers @Blonde_Bunny :beers:

12 Likes

The bare necessities :raised_hands:t2:

9 Likes

@Blonde_Bunny That’s the reason I was thinking of setting one up I have had justforfans suggested to me as an alternative.

2 Likes

Ahhh yes: the unreleased version, only available to Sir Cliff’s inner circle… :wink:

9 Likes