Open Cup

So, who here likes/wears open cup bra's?

Mrs. SXE has always tended towards gel filled, cleavage enhancing bra's which look amazing when she's all dressed up. However, she's (or we've) just remembered how much wetter she gets when her nipples get to be involved too and thus we've been looking at open cup bra's.

The thing is, all of the women in the advertising shots for these 1/4 cup bra's seem to have fake breasts which handily stay where they've been put, perfectly.

She's a little worried that something such as this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22118

mightn't have the same effect (and I wouldn't want her to get self concious)...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Have you looked at any peek-a-boo styles? They'll have a bit more to the cup but still leave the nipples exposed. Some of them also have laces and such though, which will show through clothing.

The number of sizes offered can be a clue as to how supportive it will be. The one you've picked out comes in four sizes, so more supportive than the one size offerings, but probably not as much as ones with band sizes. Hard to find ones with band sizes though, so you may have to compromise.

The Eloise has strong elastic though. It's sold out at present. If you like it, click on the Sold Out link to put yourself on the list for an email when it does come back in stock. There's enough going on trim wise you can't wear it under everything, but it's gorgeous.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25693

The only review up so far suggests ordering two sizes larger. Maybe for large breasts, I don't know. I take a size 14 in clothing and the 14 in the Eloise is fine on me. For bras, I usually wear a 34 C or 36 B.

There are others here with far more experience. Hopefully once this is back to the top of the page more of them will see it.

Good luck.

Love the advice Rose, I've been wanting an open cup too, but I would like things to stay in one place! Haha! The peekaboos sound perfect!!

rose hip wrote:

Have you looked at any peek-a-boo styles? They'll have a bit more to the cup but still leave the nipples exposed. Some of them also have laces and such though, which will show through clothing.

Yes, we've tried some from a well know high street retailer, they didn't really suit too well I'm afraid.

x

I personally (having big breasts) like bustiers and things that sit under my bust, holding them up and in place

Here's a picture of when I had size 32 AA boobs in an open cup bra, they had no shape and form to them before putting the bra on, and well the item actually made me look like I have boobs. Well actually during that time I basically had no boobs that where my boobs where meant to be, if just left naturally withou7t a bra you would see my ribs, so I was very amazed with the results of the bra. (I got that one from coco de mer).

My boobs are bigger now, and I believe I have a 1/.2 or 1/4 cup bra somewhere which I'll try and find and see is it makes them look just as well rounded.

Oh just checked and coco de mer have some open cup bras in their sale. All the bras I've had from them have been very well fitted and high quality =)

I remember getting from naught janet reger once an underwired open cup bra, and the support gave was fantastic, so maybe look for a version that is underwired if peek-aboo is not your cup of tea.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Oh just checked and coco de mer have some open cup bras in their sale. All the bras I've had from them have been very well fitted and high quality =)

i like their offerings, also pleasurments.com also quite similar in styles and is in sale I think

in the lovehoney offerings:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29635 - though has yet to be reviewed could be an option if the lady is slightly self aware.

Or this one has had good reviews and looks like it provides a little more coverage and support than many others.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21866

Thanks for all the replies people

Pondered too long and now the open cup bra set we originally liked is out of stock until the 19th... woops.

I didn't think a 1/4 cup bra would look great on me because I'm smaller on top (32 C) but I loved it! Mine gave a slight push up so actually made them look 'rounder'.

They actually give more support than I was expecting, obviously I wouldn't be wearing it out of the bedroom, I'm not that brave ;)

I do think that larger busted women would have some trouble and I have heard that they are not as comfortable. Although the bra supported me around the bottom I imagine they wouldn't provide much support.

Maybe get a reduced price 1/4 cup to try before buying something more expensive?

xx

Did you buy it from Lovehoney? 32B at this end.

x

We ended up buying the Anais 1/4 cup and it's a great fit.

Tried uploading a pic (with lens flare covering any modesty) but it doesn't look like it got past moderation.

Thanks LH forum!

x

sxe_couple21 wrote:

We ended up buying the Anais 1/4 cup and it's a great fit.

Tried uploading a pic (with lens flare covering any modesty) but it doesn't look like it got past moderation.

Thanks LH forum!

x

Hey sxe_couple21

I've emailed you! ^_^

Thanks Jess. A bit of nipple slipped past lol.

We'll try again tomorrow.

I got this for my wife and I'm not sure who enjoys it more...http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25397

I love her seeing her putting it on and it just instantly turns me on, she loves wearing it, say's it makes her feel so naughty and sexy.

Now up... thanks Jess!

sxe_couple21 wrote:

Now up... thanks Jess!

No problemo! :)