Opinions on shaving

I’m a lady who shaves pretty much everything completely. I do this for myself. And my partner has said many times he doesn’t care if I shave or not. I just find it more comfortable, especially when it’s that time of the month. Also during sex being hairless is more comfortable for me as my partner is a pretty hairy man. We need a good balance. However when I’ve told close friends that I shave my pubes they’ve judged me a lot about it. And I don’t know why? So I want your thoughts, do you shave? And what are your thoughts on this?

We both trim, just a personal preference. No idea why someone would judge you for shaving as a lot of people do it.

JAYB1RD wrote:

I’m a lady who shaves pretty much everything completely. I do this for myself. And my partner has said many times he doesn’t care if I shave or not. I just find it more comfortable, especially when it’s that time of the month. Also during sex being hairless is more comfortable for me as my partner is a pretty hairy man. We need a good balance. However when I’ve told close friends that I shave my pubes they’ve judged me a lot about it. And I don’t know why? So I want your thoughts, do you shave? And what are your thoughts on this?

Your decision to shave is entirely up to you.

Everybody has their preferences and shouldn't be driven by the opinions of others.

If it is for you, keep with it.

It is very popular to shave or remove pretty much all hair these days , you do whatever makes you happy and comfortable nobody has the right to pass judgement on your own personal decisions . Personally I love being hair free , your body your choice !!

Hi ya, your friends sound like my friends. I dont go totally hair free, I am a shaver and trimmer. Can not and will not judge someone on the choice of personal grooming there genitals. But like I said I have friends with very narrow views and can too easily judge people so I just don't tell angthing to intimate, sad but some people just have different opinions and I don't want to be judged, but have found great advice and chat on here.

I have recently grown my hair over the winter months including under arms. I got a few looks in the gym showers and some critical comments from my friends, however it was interesting that a few copied me and we all became hairy together well before ‘Januhairy’. Did notice a few ladies participating and seemed quite comfortable with an emerging bush but most girls in our gym are smooth as am I now the spring is on its way. My point is that it’s up to the individual. You don’t have to feel pressured into being either hairy or smooth.

JAYB1RD wrote:

Wow Jaybird I so wish there were more like you. I too shave completely and as a man I have found many of the women I've had relationships with have found it weird, some even ended the relationship because of it! I agree with you as to why you do it and I also think you should ask your partner to give it a go as in my view he is missing out. Please don't ever grow it back.

My OH is the same, she shaves or plucks and keeps it that way the best she can, It's what I love now and can't imagine her any other way so smooth it is always! I did shave for her for a few months and didn't mind but I kept getting ingrowing hairs that were causing problems so I now keep trimmed as short as I can, she prefers the smooth look on me too but understands it's a problem so is happy as long as I stay trimmed too. The only negative she got was when she was with a friend who saw her bold she told her she looked like a prepubescent child and wondered why I'd like it so much!! This was such an extreme reaction and quite hurtful especially as smooth genitals is more or less the norm nowadays, especially on women. Thats the only negative she's had from griends who know

I shave almost all of it off and trim the little runway strip regularly and have done since I was a teenager. I, like you find it more comfortable especially at my time of the month. When I was pregnant I let it grow out a bit because I just felt so ill it was the last thing on my mind, but even then I got to the point where I'd had enough and had to get rid of it!

I know recently there's like a movement against the social pressures put on women to shave. Celebs are posting their armpit hair on social media etc. I completely agree that women shouldn't HAVE to shave! However it doesn't mean that those of us that do are only doing it to please our partner or to conform, and sometimes it feels as if that's what people assume!

I as I've already said do it for my own comfort and cleanliness at certain times of the month. Although I do feel that little bit more sexy when I'm freshly shaven, but again that's about how I feel nobody else.

As others have mentioned what you chose to do or not do with YOUR pubic hair is YOUR business nobody else's. You do what makes you comfortable. Shave, trim, pluck, dye it, cover it in glitter if you want to haha it's yours!