Orders not going through if you choose to pay with PayPal

For the second time in a row I've received an email saying my order was not completed and I could have% off my basket if I finished the order. In both cases I had followed the PayPal link and thought I'd had confirmation of the order.

The issue in both cases is that by the time I realised, the offer I was buying had finished and in tonight's case the value of the basket had tripled. 10% off would barely make a dent in the difference.

On live chat I was told that this can happen if you choose to pay by PayPal but after using the site for for four years it had never happened to me until last month. Is anyone else having this problem? It's resulted in me not pursuing last nights order as the difference was too much. This must be costing money and business?

I have always used PayPal and never had any issues including the last month or so.

did your screen not go back to lh after the transaction on PayPal to complete the order then if it didn't go through? Might be a PayPal issue if it is not redirecting?

Yes me!!!! I've had this problem a lot of times!! I haven't tried it lately, but I tried for four days in a row to pay by paypal. With the offers that were on it come to £97, but when the offers expired it was £158. I still haven't placed the order, it annoyed me so so much!!

Glad I'm not the only one then! I got the first order sorted out but this was was impulse buying based on the offer and I decided I could do without it.

Truegrace I can't even remember if it did, I just used the site in the same way I've done for years. Paid with PayPal on another site last night and had no issues at all.

I had this happen recently too ,I missed out on a special offer which annoyed me intensely !

I wouldn't touch PayPal with a barge pole. Had too many problems with it in the past; don't trust it. I may be old fashioned but I expect any payment handling service that I'm trusting with my card details to be reliable.

Hi Dave,

I tried to place an order on the 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th April, sometimes trying several times throughout the day. I spoke to someone at PayPal on the 25th, who didn't seem to know what I was talking about and decided my account was fine. I then spoke to someone at Paypal on the 27th April who told me my account was fine. I then asked a friend to call me from work (he works for PayPal), just to make sure that these other two people weren't fobbing me off and he couldn't find anything wrong with my account. I haven't tried to place an order since, because the offers I wanted were only available on that weekend, and I'm still pretty furious I couldn't get my order for when I needed it. So I'm not sure if there's still a problem.

I tried using my iPhone (mobile version of the site), a netbook using Mozilla Firefox, and a desktop using Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer and I still couldn't go through the checkout process when selecting PayPal.

I've used PayPal for 10 years malechauvinist, never had a problem.

MrsMcX wrote:

I've used PayPal for 10 years malechauvinist, never had a problem.

Well I'm pleased, but I've had money and invoices go astray in their system too many times for me to ever touch it again.

I hope you don't think I was directing that comment at you dave! Haha! I was just stating to malechavunist that I haven't had a problem yet.

I appreciate you looking into it for me, it was really really frustrating! I'll let you know if I have the same issues with my next order. Thanks again.

Dave I think the big issue is that it's easy not to notice an order hasn't gone through but by the time the reminder email comes the offers are open. In the case of yesterday my order went from £16 to over £50...even with the 10% off it was still £48, that's three times what it would have been had my original order gone through.

I usually find LH customer care to be exemplary but when I raised the issue last night, I felt the attitude was very much "oh well" and "it's a Paypal problem".

The lesson of course is not to use Paypal but like I said, I've used it on this site for almost four years without a problem and now two problems in three weeks. I am glad to hear it's not just me but it's pretty frustrating

I've checked my email inbox, and I have 4 emails from times I tried to check out offering me 10% off for "not checking out", but it's still £50 more than I would have paid if it worked in the first place. I usually always use my card, but my husband is being guarantor for his brother to get a place of his own and because we need bank statements, I don't want it showing up, so I've been transferring money into PayPal.

I don't know if this is the problem here but;

Paypal have recently changed their system to improve security.
Now, you must confirm your order on your website of choice, follow the log in to Paypal, confirm price and order via the paypal page that pops up. THEN you have to return to the original site and "complete order".

I had this happen to me on here a couple of weeks ago and can't quite remember if this was exactly what I did on this site, but other sites I have used since Paypal made their changes have been like this.

I'm not ordering anything right now though so don't want to test incase it completes an unwanted order haha

Selina3 wrote:

Dave I think the big issue is that it's easy not to notice an order hasn't gone through but by the time the reminder email comes the offers are open. In the case of yesterday my order went from £16 to over £50...even with the 10% off it was still £48, that's three times what it would have been had my original order gone through.

I usually find LH customer care to be exemplary but when I raised the issue last night, I felt the attitude was very much "oh well" and "it's a Paypal problem".

The lesson of course is not to use Paypal but like I said, I've used it on this site for almost four years without a problem and now two problems in three weeks. I am glad to hear it's not just me but it's pretty frustrating

I felt that the attitude was "Oh well, Paypal's problem"too ...Very frustrating when combined with not having any deal of the day emails for nearly a week and the site crashing while trying to add items to wishlist. Not a happy bunny as it's nearly my birthday and I am not quite as confident about making an order to treat myself now !

I have managed to put my comment on the quote again !! Stupid phone !

I'm pretty sure that everyone is already aware of that Amanda. All people are doing are trying to bring it to LH's attention because obviously it's frustrating, and I seem to remember that you were extremely annoyed when you couldn't place an order also. I don't see why you seem to think its a problem that people are bringing it up.

I am aware they can't fix a problem if it's not showing up on their system and of the need for security updates etc !
I am only saying I have a lack of confidence in ordering as I have made an order from a different site that uses paypal and had it do the same thing ( ie mysteriously disappear ) and then find out I was charged twice !
So I am now very wary of buying from sites that have technical issues until I am certain they are fully and correctly operational !

Its ok , I have posted on forums before and accidentally offended people when I was just trying to be helpful . I appreciate and totally understand what you meant but I will give it a day or so before I make my order as it will probably be quite a big one and I couldn't afford to lose the money it or spend it twice even though I would eventually be refunded !
Stress not Amandammmm and hope you have a good day x