Over the internet sex toys

Having recently got the Xbox Kinect for xmas ( great fun btw ) I started thinging about how amazing and advanced technology is now and how much we can do over the internet too with ever faster broadband speeds ( but I know there are many many places where its still awful ).

Anyway it got me to wondering if anyone has sex toys that they can plug into their computer etc and their lover can operate via online control. I remember something about this a few years ago but not heard anything since.

Have Lovehoney ever looked at something like this or tried? Is there something in the pipeline? I was thinking how perhaps one day a Kinect type technology could be used so that you both wear a body suit and can see each other on the screeen and as you stroke the person or avatar on the screen the person wearing the suit receives the same stimulation. No doubt you could create a motorised sex toy that you could adjust the speed etc but also actually be in control of its positioning , the depth of penetration , how hard/fast etc

I'd be fascinated to know if anyone has had first hand experience of this or anything like it. If in the far in the future we are long distances away from our partner ( like say on the moon !! ) we could still have real contact with the other person being able to see them but also to really feel them too. Maybe even it could be integrated into the majority of clothing ( or at least underwear! ) .

If you could have avatar based interactive sex it would be an amazing way for those too embarassed or fearful to experience 3 somes or more. You could create a sexy avatar of yourself and vice versa. I wonder if more couples would give this a try given that you get all the stimulation etc without a risk of real embarassment and no worries about how you look or risk of infection etc.

My boyfriend once showed me this vibrator/massager avatar game on the xbox live marketplace. It was nowhere near as high tec as the stuff you suggested, basically it used the controller as a vibrator and the vibrations could be controlled by either someone else who also had a controller or someone on your xbox live friends list.

I couldnt imagine it would be a very powerful vibrator but it seemed like a bit of harmless fun!

x x x

you don't recall what is called do you? just curious as to how it was allowed on too, were they passingit off as something else? i don't think the xbox controller would make a good vibrator really lol

I heard some company had already managed to "hack" the Xbox Kinect so that it allows you to be the controller with hand movements etc for their sex games... Although I also heard microsoft were trying to stop them from doing this.. If you search "Xbox Kinect" and "ThriXXX" in google I think it comes up with an article/video explaining how it works.

there was a website which allowed chat and for a person to control a vibrator for their partner. I have no idea what it was called though

BigPoppa wrote:

you don't recall what is called do you? just curious as to how it was allowed on too, were they passingit off as something else? i don't think the xbox controller would make a good vibrator really lol

I think they were marketing it as a couples massager avatar game, no idea what it was called though sorry!

x x x