Oversensitive clit, what to do?

My OH takes a long time to reach orgasm and lately she has had issues with becoming over sensitised, even with oral sex which she normally enjoys. It means we have to stop completely which is frustrating for us both. I have searched for answers online but although this seems to be quite common, i have not found any solutions. Can anyone suggest a way around this issue other than abstinence.

i have this problem sometimes and i usually take over as i know the kinda pressure to use, i normally focus more on my oh if i get too sensitive for a while then we can get back to me but we try different things that might not be as hard against my clit! Sometimes i use a vibrator on a gentle setting and use it very lightly which helps e get off! sorry i'm not much help, i've also tried numbing creams which have been okay! let me know if you find anything of use! xx

Thanks marni87, will do.

I wonder if a numbing cream would be worth a try, need to check that out.

Hello,

I am wondering if she is wet? I sometimes find that toys can sort of remove my natural wetness, especially silicone toys seem to bit dry me out. Its nothing a lube would not fix.

if you are using vibrator, did you lately increase the strenght of the vibrations? Some women do not like very strong vibrations, I am one of them. Too strong vibrations and it hurts. One reason I am not too keen on wands or the We Vibe Tango bullet. Maybe a toy with low settings may be a way to go.

Also you can try to use the toy on her with her panties still on. The cloth will make the vibrations and sensations less intense. I know this will not really sort the oral sex problem.

Maybe what lube are you using? Some lubes can cause problems for some women, including irritation on our lady parts. I am one of them and can tell you, it would make any stimulation painful.

I also found that if I have vaginal inbalance, without full infection, I can be very uncomfortable with any stimulation. I am not saying this is the case of your partner. But it could really be the case. And contrary to what lot of people say, yeast infections do not mean that the woman does not care about hygiene or sleeps with everyone, as I often read, mainly from men, in various discussions. Antibiotics, hormonal problems, incorrect soaps, wrong lube, etc. can cause this. I have suffered from this for almost half year until I realized lube with glycerin and parabens was the culprid.

Maybe think about when this problem started and try to figure if something changed. It could give you clue what went wrong.

Thanks Laveila, first time it was with finger stimulation, she was quite wet but we probably should have used some lube. Second time it happened it was just my tounge and i was gentle, no lube again though. Maybe we just need to use plenty lube, i'll kick myself if that is the answer because we have lube sachets in the house.

I used to have this issue really bad, my OH had to stop and it frustrated him too :/ I decided then that I'd get myself a little bullet and have a play around a bit by myself as I knew when it was gettin overly sensative. Now I'm not nearly as sensative as I've got used to the vibrations of the bullet and the stonger the bullet vibrations the easier it is to stimualte my clit without any form of pain from sensativity. So thats what I would suggest, building up vibrations and she should eventually get used to the sensation :) A little lube will always help, its like a barrier and I find it reduces the sensation placed upon my clitoris therefore theres less discomfort, hope this helps X

Thanks K&C i will suggest that when the time is right. I got her a G spot vibrator some weeks ago but she hasn't used it yet. We both got that hellish flu bug that they injected into the elderly, it's taken about two months for us both to get over this one, it kept on comming back (I'm calling it Captain Trips) I wonder if that could have been a factor. Hope something works.