Paddle or flogger, which would you recommend?

My partner and I are looking at paddles and floggers, to break us into the pain thing gently. We enjoy spanking, and want to take the next step. We're looking at the "tease by love honey spanking paddle" and the "tease by love honey flogger" but we can't decide which to go for. Does anyone have any recommendations, or any advise on which they'd go for?

I dont have either of those but I can highly reccommend this paddle. Its labelled as advanced but it has a softer suede side and a leather side. The soft suede feels lovely and dosent really sting as such and it also feels lovely if its gently stroked over an area which has been spanked. The leather side is something you could work up to as it does pack quite a punch.

I'm used to being spanked really hard and love this so much. It saves you having to buy a beginners paddle and then purchasing a harsher one when you feel ready for it xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15736

Get both, its not always what you use, but how you use them.

Get a cane, and a crop as well.

j&lxxxx wrote:

Good advice. A flogger isn't a very good hitter in fact it's a clumsy hitter and unless the "victim" is completely naked it can annoyingly get tangled up in clothing. A flogger is better used imo as a skin sensual implement and better served being dragged slowly across the body .

The paddle for impact play Is much better .

I wouldn't recommend the cane at the moment unless you really know how to use one but a beginners riding crop is also a good idea.

mysteron wrote:

j&lxxxx wrote:

Good advice. A flogger isn't a very good hitter in fact it's a clumsy hitter and unless the "victim" is completely naked it can annoyingly get tangled up in clothing. A flogger is better used imo as a skin sensual implement and better served being dragged slowly across the body .

The paddle for impact play Is much better .

I wouldn't recommend the cane at the moment unless you really know how to use one but a beginners riding crop is also a good idea.

Yep. I get nothing from a flogger......not my thing at all.

A cane in inexperienced hands can do a lot of damage....... not a good idea xx

Why don't you get both. I own the tease flogger and it a great one we very much enjoy the stings you get from it but we combine the flogger with a paddle and it a great combination using the two together in a session.

(Assuming you've already experimented a little bit with your hand?) I'd get both on the 2 for £20 offer! Start with the softer side of the paddle, the leather side can give quite the sting. The flogger feels great when traced against the skin slowly with gentle flogs Inbetween. It's much easier to use a paddle on your partners behind, a flogger is more difficult to aim and can take some practice.

Never ever flog your partner in their kidney area. It's about five inches up from the bum, and is very easy to hurt. It's unprotected by bones and houses vital organs. This part needs to be off-limits! Also watch the spine.

At this time, I wouldn't recommend using a cane as suggested above. Like Terri said they are not for the beginner and they can be extremely dangerous In the untrained hand!

Remember to have a safe word in place also :) Enjoy!

NatandTom wrote:

(Assuming you've already experimented a little bit with your hand?) I'd get both on the 2 for £20 offer! Start with the softer side of the paddle, the leather side can give quite the sting. The flogger feels great when traced against the skin slowly with gentle flogs Inbetween. It's much easier to use a paddle on your partners behind, a flogger is more difficult to aim and can take some practice.

Never ever flog your partner in their kidney area. It's about five inches up from the bum, and is very easy to hurt. It's unprotected by bones and houses vital organs. This part needs to be off-limits! Also watch the spine.

At this time, I wouldn't recommend using a cane as suggested above. Like Terri said they are not for the beginner and they can be extremely dangerous In the untrained hand!

Remember to have a safe word in place also :) Enjoy!

+1 great advice. I also would not advise a cane yet, as they can be extremely intense. Just take things slowly and build up gradually at a level your OH is comfortable with :) x

I would definitely recommend starting with the tease paddle. My first love was a paddle identical to that one, one side padded and satin, the other leather. I now own a lot of paddles, but from that one I have a spare too just in case!

A flogger is another experience altogether. It can do so much more, but one does need to 'get the hand of it'. I would not recommend the tease one. Again, I have it in the line that preceded the tease, identical basically, and it does absolutely nothing for us. And again, we do own several floggers of all types (faux leather, suede, leather, rubber, chain...) and sizes.

+1 on waiting for the cane. A crop is good, but has a sting to it, so you'd better work up from a paddle.

Spanker & crop... But I'm getting a flogger next week to give it a try. So get all three!

I have never used a flogger, but I recommend paddles. They make a great sound even when you're being gentle. Xxx

would pefer paddle evry time

find other forms of spanking hurt

paddle just stings for a short time

jill

I would definately say paddle, they can still be fun and playful in the beginning, and build up to firmer strokes with time. I have not yet progressed to a flogger but I definatly see it as a step up from a paddle.

A paddle is a nice starting point although many years ago we started with the good old hairbrush. The Paddles are broad enough not to do any damage and gives a decent sting and lovely redness. Over the years we have gone on to floggers, crops and canes. As my pain threshold is quite high a good seeing to on the bare bum is wonderful and can leave marks for some time. Most of all, enjoy your new found fun and build up gradually.

Different floggers, and paddles have different feelings, depending on how they are used.

Floggers can dragged along the body, or can be used so that the tips just brush the skin, or used a bit harder for more of a sting.

Some paddles can be rubbed against the skin depending on the type and texture of the paddle, as for spanking, some people like gentle taps, others like harder slaps, some people like one spank, then another, then another, other people like five or so in quick succession.

Its a case of experiment to find what you, and more importantly the person you're spanking/flogging likes.

As for crops and canes, these only need to be used as a pointer to start with, ie; go over there and get on your knees, floggers don't work that well for pointing. I also find it quite nice having a crop or cane dragged along the body for sensation.

I personally would never recommend swinging a cane through the air on to someones backside, experienced or not, I personally find a gentle tap, to hard slap from no more than six inches from the bottom more than effective. But like others have said you can work up to that.

Start with a couple of completly different floggers, and paddles, and go from there.

j&lxxxx wrote:

Different floggers, and paddles have different feelings, depending on how they are used.

Floggers can dragged along the body, or can be used so that the tips just brush the skin, or used a bit harder for more of a sting.

Some paddles can be rubbed against the skin depending on the type and texture of the paddle, as for spanking, some people like gentle taps, others like harder slaps, some people like one spank, then another, then another, other people like five or so in quick succession.

Its a case of experiment to find what you, and more importantly the person you're spanking/flogging likes.

As for crops and canes, these only need to be used as a pointer to start with, ie; go over there and get on your knees, floggers don't work that well for pointing. I also find it quite nice having a crop or cane dragged along the body for sensation.

I personally would never recommend swinging a cane through the air on to someones backside, experienced or not, I personally find a gentle tap, to hard slap from no more than six inches from the bottom more than effective. But like others have said you can work up to that.

Start with a couple of completly different floggers, and paddles, and go from there.

Agreed a cane should never be swung .The best way of someone learning to use a cane is to tuck a cushion under the caning arm .This will prevent it from being swung. It should all be in the wrist action. Because they can break skin easily I can't recommend them to a beginner but perhaps as part of a progression starting off with a paddle, then onto a riding crop and then perhaps onto the cane.