Paralympics

Just amazing these guys and girls. Whilst it was amazing seeing our athletes performing in the Olympics, you watch these and think "fuck me, I am a lazy bugger" lol

CH4 showing the lady blown up on the tube who is now representing her country in the paralympics. Really makes you start paying attention to those less advantaged than us. Go GB!

It just wows me.... I much prefer the Paralympics. Always makes me thing anything(well....nearly anything!!!) is achievable with hard work,determination, and positive thinking. x

Indeed. You kinda hope certain people who continually say "i cant" due to a small/ minor medical thing watch and think "actually, maybe i can"

love it better than olympics it deserves more hype though i take my hats off to them they all deserve a medal for the hard work they are doing huge isperations to the world xxx

I've always had a massive affection for the paralympics - my uncle is paralyzed & used to compete in wheelchair archery. I also grew up along side alot of 'disabled' children & so I know how hard doing just the simplest things can be for them. But as you've both said, their determination is awe-inspiring. Makes all our moans pale in comparison.

I was at the paralympic flame festival yesterday & the turn out was incredible. So many children were watching the screens in complete wonderment & I overheard a few parents explaining certain things to their little ones. Perceptions of 'disability' are already changing & the paralympic games will be the perfect platform to raise awareness & push paralympic sport the forefront of peoples attentions.

'Thanks for the warm up' says it all.

sub-kitten wrote:

I've always had a massive affection for the paralympics - my uncle is paralyzed & used to compete in wheelchair archery. I also grew up along side alot of 'disabled' children & so I know how hard doing just the simplest things can be for them. But as you've both said, their determination is awe-inspiring. Makes all our moans pale in comparison.

I was at the paralympic flame festival yesterday & the turn out was incredible. So many children were watching the screens in complete wonderment & I overheard a few parents explaining certain things to their little ones. Perceptions of 'disability' are already changing & the paralympic games will be the perfect platform to raise awareness & push paralympic sport the forefront of peoples attentions.

'Thanks for the warm up' says it all.

Exactly this!! x

On that "Thanks for the warm up" advert, I thought they missed a trick there. It was good one liner, but it didnt actually say the date it started, or what it was talking about. Most knew, yes. But would have been better to say underneath "Paralympics - 29/08/2012" surely!?

Think we will do really well, a lot of new olympians since beijing I imagine due to the war casualties we have had.

flirtatiousbaby wrote:

On that "Thanks for the warm up" advert, I thought they missed a trick there. It was good one liner, but it didnt actually say the date it started, or what it was talking about. Most knew, yes. But would have been better to say underneath "Paralympics - 29/08/2012" surely!?

Think we will do really well, a lot of new olympians since beijing I imagine due to the war casualties we have had.

I agree, that could have been done better.

We have 7 ex-service personnel in our team this year which is the highest ever & we also have in our sitting volleyball team who was injured during the 7/7 bombings. All of them are so inspiring & have come through so much.

Stephen Hawkins words

Be curious

I will get that on me the next time I go for a tattoo

Massive respect to these athletes ( sorry to sound like Ali G)

i only live two miles from the ludwig guttman centre where t is and i missed it, big boo to me , but i will deffo go and check the gams out :)

Definetely looking forward to it its a different perspective and a whole different feel. The story of I think Martine the lady in 7/7 just had me choking up

Dont start the politics! This is a thread discussing/ admiring the feat that paralympics have come through to put most of us to shame, and to take a minute and actually realise the difficulties others face.

Hawkins: ""Look up at the stars and not down at your feet."

We're going to watch Athletics tomorrow Really looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere of the stadium and village. My son does athletics for a club so he'll be sooo excited to be inside the stadium

my friends son was meant to be in the boccia gb team but passed away last year so its such a sad time for her