Paralympics

Anyone else looking forward to them as much as I am???

Too right I am :)

Had my tickets for ages. Now the Olympics are over, I wanna get up there more than ever!

I am SO excited.

I actually saw the torch the other day - went into Sainsbury's and just happened to go the same day the torch was there. It's a bit annoying that it's not had nearly as much publicity as the Olympic torch, but hey ho.

I hardly managed to watch any of the Olympics, but I find the Paralympics so damn inspiring that I will make sure I sit my arse down and watch at least some of it.

Yeah, it's a shame the torch relay is 24 hrs as well. Someone from my area is a torch bearer, but running in the middle of the night. Not many people gonna be lining the streets at that time

But considering how much publicity it hasn't had in previous years (I'm so glad the BBC don't have the rights anymore, they were just wasted on them), and how much it has now, it's all going in the right direction.

I can't get enough of the Channel 4 advert either.

Argh, me neither! I don't have all that much time for Channel 4 as a rule (I dislike the "ZOOM IN ON THE TEARS!!!!" attitude that a lot of their documentaries etc. seem to have), but I think they've marketed it brilliantly. I still smile whenever I see the "Thank for the warm-up" billboards.

There's some para Olympians using my lads school here as a training base. All the kids are quite interested in it.

I'll be watching when possible.

cheer_up wrote:

Argh, me neither! I don't have all that much time for Channel 4 as a rule (I dislike the "ZOOM IN ON THE TEARS!!!!" attitude that a lot of their documentaries etc. seem to have), but I think they've marketed it brilliantly. I still smile whenever I see the "Thank for the warm-up" billboards.

Me too!

I'm not big on watching Olympics or Paralympics really but I would like to watch more of the Paralympics.

Does it usually happen after the Olympics by the way? I'm glad it was in this order though, I'd hate for the Paralympics to be overlooked.

Yep, I just hope there isnt gunna be a million and one adverts every few mins! Thats the only good thing about BBC, lack of adverts! x

"Aaaaand while you were hearing about all those great offers from our sponsors, Team GB won a gold. Thought you might like to know."

Are tickets still being released?

I am so so so so so soooooooo excited! Being that I live in the 'home of the Paralympics' it'd be kinda weird if I wasn't. There's a big festival of celebrations going on in my town centre on tuesday to mark the torch coming through & I am very much looking forward to it :] Every time I see the advert I get goosebumps & I've been referring to the Olympics as the 'warm up games' for a while now hehe.

Haven't got my tickets yet but hoping to get some soon. They are still released a few each day betweeh now & the start of the games, GymJunki.

Nymeria wrote:

cheer_up wrote:

Me too!

I'm not big on watching Olympics or Paralympics really but I would like to watch more of the Paralympics.

Does it usually happen after the Olympics by the way? I'm glad it was in this order though, I'd hate for the Paralympics to be overlooked.

Yes the Paralympics is always scheduled after the able-bodied games & it seems to work well this way round.

oh yes i will be watching deffo i love it

I am, I'll be watching with my eldest daughter,she got soo excited during the olympics trying to copy all the athletes! XX

Nymeria wrote:.

Yeah, when it first started they used to be in different places, but now it's written into the contrat that host cities have to host both Olympics and Paralympics. Goes for both summer and winter as well.

Can't wait I have my teamgb top and tickets!

occhiverdi wrote:

Lucky! What are you going to see?

Thanks sub-kitten!

occhiverdi wrote:

As much as I'm looking forward to going, I have to admit I'm not really fond of the whole 'Team GB' thing. I'm sure for an athlete being officially selected as a member of 'Team GB' must be a great feeling, but to me it seems a bit us and them, when surely we should be all be representing 'Great Britain (and Northern Ireland)' together.