Partially dressed or fully undressed for a traditional caning or spanking?

When being caned or spanked should the recipient be fully naked or just trousers down or skirt up and pants down?

both, either and neither.

there isnt any rules so wear what ever feels right

Any. Depends on the type of session you're going for I suppose

It's up to you, there are no rules. (As long as you have your pre agreed safe word) do what you want. If you are the sub your Dom may demand his or her preference. Just see how things go.

Personally im almost always naked, but that's probably because it's difficult to remove a bra or knickers when restrained. Our bondage play is often part of our four play.

Either. I personally have a preference for half dressed though :)

The times I've seen it done, it has largely depended on where the session is being done. In clubs then dressed with skirt pulled up is more common but in more private sessions where people are generally good friends then naked becomes more common.

It also depends on whether it's a quick session or part of a longer one. The former may simply be pull down/up clothes and spank/cane whereas the latter could have some protocol with undressing.

In short "it depends" but hopefully I've padded this answer out some.

It depends on what's preferred by both the giver and receiver. I do as I'm told 😉x

I prefer to have my clothes pulled aside or bottoms removed, plays more into my need to be 'forced' or to let him take what he wants from me.

All of the above, please!

No fast rules on this its generall;y upto yourselves.Caning though you would need to be careful with as you would need to see where the strokes have landed to ensure you don't land another in the same spot as it could be very painful.Obviously on the bare would be best here.

The undressing side could be incorporated into the corner time if you were doing a school scene roleplay to add to the humiliation aspect.

But really its how you want to do it.

It really depends. One of my subs bruises easier when clothed, others don't. Different clothing material and looseness seem to change the sensation too. It's just another way you can mix up the kink and explore different sensations.

Just wanted to add. If you view many of the spanking and caning videos that are out there . The recipient usually starts off fully dressed and by the time the ordeal is completed they are mostly fully naked or naked below the waist.

Some of these will give you ideas for roleplays if that is an avenue you are thinking of exploring.

Just as everyone else says, whatever suits your mood and the narrative of the session. Personally, I love to be cross-dressed and punished with my knickers pulled down.

Why not both!?

I think the only reason not to do canning clothed (other than personal preference), is if you're wearing something you don't want ripped or stained. Although I know some subs who love their clothing being ripped to pieces.

Lady Ness wrote:

I think the only reason not to do canning clothed (other than personal preference), is if you're wearing something you don't want ripped or stained. Although I know some subs who love their clothing being ripped to pieces.

I always thought that was something to do ,with the need to see where the cane strokes have landed so as not to apply another directly on top of an exisiting mark as this could be very painful for some espeically beginners.

Also I supose you wouldn't want your best caning implement tandgled up in someones suspender strap , with the risk of breaking it as they can be quite expensive to replace

mysteron wrote:

Lady Ness wrote:

I always thought that was something to do ,with the need to see where the cane strokes have landed so as not to apply another directly on top of an exisiting mark as this could be very painful for some espeically beginners.

Also I supose you wouldn't want your best caning implement tandgled up in someones suspender strap , with the risk of breaking it as they can be quite expensive to replace

I guess it depends again. First off on your aim. I have to make sure I have a good aim so practice regularly. If I mark a sub in a place they didn't want marked for whatever reason it could lead them into trouble.

But many of the subs who come to me want extreme pain, marks, and even scarring. So cane strokes landing on top of each other is sometimes what a submissive wants. Heck sometimes it's what I want. One of my subs actually commented on the contents of my bin after a session how it looked like murder had just happened.

I must admit clothed caning if done to the extreme is a lot easier to clean-up for me. A heavy canning can leave mess on the walls and carpet, which is a serious pain.

Lady Ness wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Lady Ness wrote:

Also I supose you wouldn't want your best caning implement tandgled up in someones suspender strap , with the risk of breaking it as they can be quite expensive to replace

I guess it depends again. First off on your aim. I have to make sure I have a good aim so practice regularly. If I mark a sub in a place they didn't want marked for whatever reason it could lead them into trouble.

But many of the subs who come to me want extreme pain, marks, and even scarring. So cane strokes landing on top of each other is sometimes what a submissive wants. Heck sometimes it's what I want. One of my subs actually commented on the contents of my bin after a session how it looked like murder had just happened.

I must admit clothed caning if done to the extreme is a lot easier to clean-up for me. A heavy canning can leave mess on the walls and carpet, which is a serious pain.

I think you have touched on a point that is often over looked. If the recepient is into sports and need to change into a leotard ,shorts or whatever the last thing they want is their body marked so everyone can see it

Sometimes depends on the situation as there i times I get a random spanking and I have to pull down my boxers get spanked and pull them back up. If we were having a bondage session in the bedroom then I would be fully stripped.